Albania 0:2 England - WC Qualifiers Europe - 28/03/2021

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Princ

The Bajrami addition may be too good to be true.

I will believe it when I see it.
Plako
Team: Partizani

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:01 am Thats a shame man , I want to get Bajrami asap just in case . Stupid Swiss slowing things down as per
Why are we blaming the Swiss? They developed this guy and have earned the right to refuse.

Zvicra e ka konfirmu:
https://twitter.com/SuisseFoot/status/1 ... 7680447489
CanaYouDoIt

Blaming them for deliberately slowing down the process. I couldn't care less that they developed him, he said he wants to play for us so don't then slow it down. They literally have no right to refuse.
Plako
Team: Partizani

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:56 pm Blaming them for deliberately slowing down the process. I couldn't care less that they developed him, he said he wants to play for us so don't then slow it down. They literally have no right to refuse.
Come on dude, he has played for all of the Swiss youth teams from U-15 to U-21. So yeah they have all the cards.
CanaYouDoIt

Again , why does that even matter? Literally irrelevant in the context of senior International football. He's made the decision , nothing they can do.
artan

Do some of you guys really think Cikalleshi is gonna bully England?

The way I see it is were gonna have a hard time unless we get some pace in the lineup to get some counter attacking chances. It's almost certain we're gonna get dominated in possession (maybe we'll get 35%) and we'll probably be pinned in our own half. We won't get much width from our fullbacks so this pace will need to come from our forwards. Half of our forwards are essentially poor goal poachers who can only score on headers or tap ins, I really don't see many crosses or free kicks in this match. Cikaleshi might score on open headers against Belarus but we know against decent competition he's useless (same with Balaj, Manaj, etc). We need to pace up top for counters to relieve the pressure our backline will have to deal with. Uzuini should be guaranteed starter. Reja should even consider going with a 5-2-3 as well to get some wingers in the lineup (and yes we pretty much play with a 5 man backline).
CanaYouDoIt

Depends on who he uses , someone like Maguire he won't bully , but if guys like TAA are there then I think he can play a bit of bully ball.

I want to make it clear I think we're losing big , probably something like 3/4-0 . They have ridiculously good attackers and Kane is playing like the best ST in the world rn .

The only way we have a chance is like you say , play 5 ATB , be solid and hope for something on the counter . Uzuni and Broja is who I'd pick for the job. Our fastest attackers.

Funnily enough , Southgate being that bad of a manager is another way we can nick something , he just drains all creativity from that side. Just gotta hope its an off day for them and their Keeper makes a mistake since they are a bit bad there (Pickford)
Dallku

I think this Albanian team is more talented individually than the 16 team... but I would trust the 16 team way more in these kind of games. Right now Albania doesn't have an identity or the mentality to face these top tier teams. As long as it's not a blowout meh.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

artan wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:44 am Do some of you guys really think Cikalleshi is gonna bully England?
Cik
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
CanaYouDoIt

Dallku wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:55 pm I think this Albanian team is more talented individually than the 16 team... but I would trust the 16 team way more in these kind of games. Right now Albania doesn't have an identity or the mentality to face these top tier teams. As long as it's not a blowout meh.
They were a team that's why , worked hard together in that good old 4-5-1 . We play a 3-5-2 and somehow we're still not solid defensively
  • Information