Albania 0:2 England - WC Qualifiers Europe - 28/03/2021

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Princ

It all starts with a solid midfield. Even though the result has not always been there, Albania has put together good performances against strong teams when reliable defensive midfielders have been on the pitch.

De Biasi was fortunate to have had a great deal of depth at this position. Combinations of Kukeli, Lila, Xhaka, Basha and Abrashi have stifled some of the best nations in the world.

Portugal 0-1 Albania - Kukeli, Abrashi, Xhaka

France scoreless for 90 at Euro 2016 until late substitutions derailed the effort - Kukeli, Abrashi, Lila on the wing

Albania 1-0 France (friendly) - Lila, Basha

Spain scoreless for 55 minutes (2018 WC qualifiers, error of Titi Berisha cost us the match) - Lila, Xhaka

Sadly, all that is left of this group is the washed up Abrashi. The other midfielders have proven nothing and expectations are low at the moment.
CanaYouDoIt

Thats very true , hopefully Bare and co can become a more cohesive unit . Abrashi is now at the point where after multiple bad injuries and age is gone basically , got to find some sort of replacement .
Skenderbeu9

Princ wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:32 pm It all starts with a solid midfield. Even though the result has not always been there, Albania has put together good performances against strong teams when reliable defensive midfielders have been on the pitch.

De Biasi was fortunate to have had a great deal of depth at this position. Combinations of Kukeli, Lila, Xhaka, Basha and Abrashi have stifled some of the best nations in the world.

Portugal 0-1 Albania - Kukeli, Abrashi, Xhaka

France scoreless for 90 at Euro 2016 until late substitutions derailed the effort - Kukeli, Abrashi, Lila on the wing

Albania 1-0 France (friendly) - Lila, Basha

Spain scoreless for 55 minutes (2018 WC qualifiers, error of Titi Berisha cost us the match) - Lila, Xhaka

Sadly, all that is left of this group is the washed up Abrashi. The other midfielders have proven nothing and expectations are low at the moment.
You dare to put Lila in there and not Kace...

Go watch tennis 🎾

Maybe your friend Djokovic will teach some football

OMG the guy literally humiliated Lloris at Elbasan and gave Albania the biggest victory in our country's history
I feel 🤢🤢 of guys like u
Princ

I am a big fan of the talented player Kace but the other 5 listed above had a bigger impact for Albania.

Kace played a total of 68 minutes in the 2016 Euro qualifiers and 28 minutes in the finals. De Biasi did not trust him as he was physically small and weak.

Albania played a tough defensive game. A bigger, more physical player like Lila was a great fit in the system and his contribution cannot be ignored.
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

Hoxhallari is worst defender in Superleague and main reason Partizani has won so many derbies. I have been optimistic lately about our chances for this WC qualification campaign but after this convocation i won't be suprised if we drop points even against San Marino and Andorra. There is no sportive or logical explonation behind this convocation beside blatant corruption and bribery.
Kuqaloshi maoist
CanaYouDoIt

He really was crap vs Kosove. I don’t see why we don’t call up Binaku anymore , he actually performed so well at LB . Makes no sense to me
Dallku

He's a pure amateur for sure. If you're that desperate start Doka and play Hysaj on the left.
CanaYouDoIt

Whoever is on that side , whether it be Sterling , Sancho or Saka is going to have a field day
Princ

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:31 am He really was crap vs Kosove. I don’t see why we don’t call up Binaku anymore , he actually performed so well at LB . Makes no sense to me
Binman might be even worse than Hoxhallari.

In 4 official matches for Albania, he is a -7. He was starting at fullback when Scotland ran thru us 0-4 at Loro Borici.
CanaYouDoIt

That was under Panucci lmao , he himself didn't play bad , he was very good , better than anything since then. Using nonsense +/- stats , this isn't basketball.
  • Information