Albania 0:2 England - WC Qualifiers Europe - 28/03/2021

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

artan

I agree about Balaj but the ironic part is that he's still not even the worst striker called up. You can make an easy case that Vrioni, Manaj and Seferi all deserve to be dropped before Balaj.

I still can't believe Vrioni and Seferi were getting called up. This is why I don't take any arguments about how we shouldn't poach players because it's a waste of a roster spot seriously.

Cikaleshi is also close to being on Balaj's level whether you guys want to admit it or not. It just seems like it takes a decade to get rid of these "Lifers" (balaj, Lila, Cikaleshi, bulku, etc).
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

artan wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:55 am I agree about Balaj but the ironic part is that he's still not even the worst striker called up. You can make an easy case that Vrioni, Manaj and Seferi all deserve to be dropped before Balaj.

I still can't believe Vrioni and Seferi were getting called up. This is why I don't take any arguments about how we shouldn't poach players because it's a waste of a roster spot seriously.

Cikaleshi is also close to being on Balaj's level whether you guys want to admit it or not. It just seems like it takes a decade to get rid of these "Lifers" (balaj, Lila, Cikaleshi, bulku, etc).
Balaj is absolutely worst striker in terms of performance, he comes from bench on the 70th minute and is less energic than the guy he already subsituted. I can't remember more apathetic player in our squad who shows less desire. Cika, Manaj, Sadiku love or hate them, they can miss sitters but they give everything.
Kuqaloshi maoist
Princ

Balaj has a better career than Sadiku, both for club and country.

Cikalleshi surpasses both of them with 8 goals in his last 8 games for Albania. He has been carrying us for the last few years.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

artan wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:55 am . It just seems like it takes a decade to get rid of these "Lifers" (balaj, Lila, Cikaleshi, bulku, etc).
The f***?
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
CanaYouDoIt

Princ wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:06 am Balaj has a better career than Sadiku, both for club and country.

Cikalleshi surpasses both of them with 8 goals in his last 8 games for Albania. He has been carrying us for the last few years.
Sadikus Euro 2016 goal surpasses anything Balaj has done or ever will do . Literally the greatest moment in our history
Princ

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:55 pm Sadikus Euro 2016 goal surpasses anything Balaj has done or ever will do . Literally the greatest moment in our history
No way.

Balaj scoring that crazy volley against Portugal was the most legendary thing any Albanian international has ever done, by a mile.
Aurora Bulkualis

Unfortunately, Balaj's goal against Portugal was easily the greatest goal in Albania NT's history. Not just because of its importance, but it was a world class goal.
CanaYouDoIt

Theres no chance a goal in the qualifiers is better than our first ever win at a major tournament. Be serious
Aurora Bulkualis

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:24 pm Theres no chance a goal in the qualifiers is better than our first ever win at a major tournament. Be serious
That goal was what got you to the tourney. Qualifying for the tourney > Scoring in it.

Whatever we did in EUROs was just a bonus. The most important part was qualifying for EUROs.
CanaYouDoIt

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:45 pm
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:24 pm Theres no chance a goal in the qualifiers is better than our first ever win at a major tournament. Be serious
That goal was what got you to the tourney. Qualifying for the tourney > Scoring in it.

Whatever we did in EUROs was just a bonus. The most important part was qualifying for EUROs.
I can't believe this is a debate. That Sadiku goal got us our first ever win actually at the tournament. Thats 1000000x more important than any qualifier goal. I don't care , there is no way that Balaj goal is more important .
  • Information