Albania 0:2 England - WC Qualifiers Europe - 28/03/2021

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

artan wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:21 pm Losing Kumbulla would be a big loss. I just don't trust Veseli or Ajeti enough to be the third CB. Ajeti/Veseli/Ismajli are good for one blunder a game each it seems. Mavraj would have an okay replacement at the LCB spot (left footed + experience). Kumbulla's injury history is becoming a concern.

It's also too late to switch to a 4 man backline at this point. It also looks like Memushaj and Manaj will start again which will settle the L for us. If Bajrami can't go then put in Laci because he's atleast a pitbull and can press the opponents.
I trust Ajeti more than Ismajli when it comes to "big games". I haven't seen him lately but old Ajeti was tough on 1 vs 1, while Ismajli loses his opponent quite easily. Memushaj will start because he is most suitable midfielder when it comes David vs Goliath kind of matches, i don't know if he will able to make dribbles but he has the guts to try them. I hope Bajrami will be available for Poland and Hungary matches because this time it seems was called up just to become familiar with NT environment.
Kuqaloshi maoist
Dallku

ZenMaster wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:54 pm Memushaj will start because he is most suitable midfielder when it comes David vs Goliath kind of matches,

Maybe 6 years ago when he had legs.

Against Goliath you need great energy and running. Memushaj will be a major hole in the midfield. So will Gjasula who was struggling in duels against Andorrans.
Dallku

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:31 pm Roma have been a club with numerous knee injuries , get the kid as far away from that hell hole asap.
Kumbulla has been fragile/injury prone with Roma as well... and even Verona if we go back.
CanaYouDoIt

Dallku wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:34 pm
ZenMaster wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:54 pm Memushaj will start because he is most suitable midfielder when it comes David vs Goliath kind of matches,

Maybe 6 years ago when he had legs.

Against Goliath you need great energy and running. Memushaj will be a major hole in the midfield. So will Gjasula who was struggling in duels against Andorrans.
Gjasula hasn't impressed me at all , good at aerial duels but everything else about him is meh , not a good passer , not particularly good at tackling , makes bad mistakes.

I think we're in for a 3-0 loss if I'm honest because going up against Kane with Ismajli and Veseli is not going to work. Memushaj will get overrun and if Manaj and Cika are leading the line nothing will get done.
Princ

What ever happened to athletes playing through injuries?

Unless Kumbulla has advanced arthritis or a blown out knee, I see no reason why he should be getting ruled out a full day in advance of such a huge match against England.

I have absolutely no confidence in the midfield, or the 5-3-2 formation, which also exposes us down the wings. Last qualifiers, both matches against the top seed (France) were over before half-time using this scheme.

Journeyman Gjasula is a career 3/4 division player for a reason. Only thing keeping him in the lineup is his height.

No words left to describe Memushaj.
artan

http://www.panorama.com.al/sport/wp-con ... GLIA22.png

Potential England lineup. Sterling is gonna give us issues, I would put Hysaj on the left side as I trust Hysaj against Sterling. I would like to see Doka on the right or even Uzuini (even if he’s our best attacker)

As for the CB we’re one injury away from Hoxhallari playing 😬
CanaYouDoIt

https://twitter.com/KonyasporScout/stat ... 56066?s=20

Cant wait for Kallku to pull this off , will make the 4-1 drumming feel better
Dallku

Really considering betting on England -1.5

No Kumbulla, Roshi injured, Berisha starter, likely Gjasula, Memushaj in midfield and Manaj in attack...

Man... we might have something really good here.
CanaYouDoIt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHwAjDKPA6Y

We may have been beaten comfortably but we actually played some decent football for a team running on buk me djath .
Plako
Team: Partizani

Dallku wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:19 pm Really considering betting on England -1.5

No Kumbulla, Roshi injured, Berisha starter, likely Gjasula, Memushaj in midfield and Manaj in attack...

Man... we might have something really good here.
I got England at -2 in a parlay with Germany win and Swiss -2.
  • Information