Andorra 0:1 Albania - WC Qualifiers Europe - 25/03/2021

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Dallku

Yeah Mitaj is absolutely not ready. Even Memolla is way more reliable than him at this point. Mitaj is a few years away from NT level(if he lives up to his potential). He should be in the u21 or u19 right now. Same with Cepele.
These users thanked the author Dallku for the post:
CanaYouDoIt
Greku
Has thanked: 0

Don't worry about Mitaj Greece's LB's are their best players he is nowhere near them for at least 3-4 years
Greku
Has thanked: 0

That doesn't mean that if Reja has the opportunity shouldn't give him a few minutes to boost his confidence
For a 17yo to debut for any NT is huge and Andorra San Marino are ideal opponents
artan

Against England playing Mitaj would be a disaster but against Andorra this would be a perfect time. I just don’t see the point of playing Lenjani anymore who is in the Challenge League.

Against England the fullbacks should be Hysaj and Doka
Dallku

artan wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:16 pm Against England playing Mitaj would be a disaster but against Andorra this would be a perfect time. I just don’t see the point of playing Lenjani anymore who is in the Challenge League.

Andorra literally got a 2-2 draw in Albania not that long ago. The last thing you want to do is underestimate them.

If Albania is winning by 2 or 3 then ok give him a few minutes. Otherwise it's suicide.

Btw Albania is only a 1.5 goal favorite. This might be closer than we realize.
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

Dallku wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:56 pm
artan wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:16 pm Against England playing Mitaj would be a disaster but against Andorra this would be a perfect time. I just don’t see the point of playing Lenjani anymore who is in the Challenge League.

Andorra literally got a 2-2 draw in Albania not that long ago. The last thing you want to do is underestimate them.

If Albania is winning by 2 or 3 then ok give him a few minutes. Otherwise it's suicide.

Btw Albania is only a 1.5 goal favorite. This might be closer than we realize.
It's always tricky game especially for Albania. Norway wasn't able today to score until 42th minute against Gibraltar and their attacking power is scary compare to ours.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

It's harder when teams sit back and defend tightly. Even teams like Andorra.

I think sometimes we have it easier against bigger teams that leave gaps in the defence, but we often choke when given such opportunities. Balaj is the only one who had the balls to take advantage of that chance, even though he is a mediocre player. Some guys need 20 chances to score.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
artan

I get the idea of starting Memushaj and Lenjani against Andorra. They're gonna bunker and most likely Andorra won't expose their lack of pace (more so Memushaj) while both provide some technical ability to break down their defense. But starting both against England will be a disaster. We know Memushaj has no legs left in him and our midfield will be overrun badly against England if he starts. Lets hope that Bajrami not being in the lineup is because he still hasn't recieved the OK from FIFA

I also don't get why Manaj starts over Broja. Why do we cater to third division players who only score penalties? What's the point.
CanaYouDoIt

artan wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:21 pm Image

I get the idea of starting Memushaj and Lenjani against Andorra. They're gonna bunker and most likely Andorra won't expose their lack of pace (more so Memushaj) while both provide some technical ability to break down their defense. But starting both against England will be a disaster. We know Memushaj has no legs left in him and our midfield will be overrun badly against England if he starts. Lets hope that Bajrami not being in the lineup is because he still hasn't recieved the OK from FIFA

I also don't get why Manaj starts over Broja. Why do we cater to third division players who only score penalties? What's the point.
Agree with everything said , why the hell is Broja not starting , Manaj has had his chance and at 24 is barely performing in the Spanish 3rd division which is shocking.
Klejdi1023

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:09 pm
artan wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:21 pm Image

Agree with everything said , why the hell is Broja not starting , Manaj has had his chance and at 24 is barely performing in the Spanish 3rd division which is shocking.
I’d actually like to see Kamberi start. Broja should deff start in general but it’s better he rests this game bc Andorra can be nastily physical and easily injure still fragile Broja. Broja should start v. England if that game still goes on lol
  • Information