Albanian Teams in Europe 21 - 22

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Plako
Team: Partizani

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:32 am Big win for Laci. In recent years, I think this is the biggest team an Albanian club has knocked out on paper with a higher GD. Skenderbeu knocked out DZ on away goals (but that's gone now).
Kinda sucks they get Anderlecht next but hopefully they can pull off a Drita like result.
These users thanked the author Plako for the post:
Aurora Bulkualis
artan

Laci are a competitive team. I don't think they'll be blown out because they don't expose themselves and don't leak in amateurish goals. Offensively they will struggle and it will look alot like the Feyeenord vs Drita matchup whereas Drita was pinned back. Difference is I think Laci are a bit more comfortable on the ball. Didn't help that Laci lost their best two attackers this summer.

Still a good victory for them. I know they have allegations of being a shady team but for a team coming from such a small city they've done really well over the years. They have a good scouting network in finding cheap and young players and should be an example for other Albanian clubs to follow.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Anderlecht I fear is too much though. It’s like 10 or 20:1 odds.

Unfortunately Teuta has the easiest path on paper, while these other teams are left facing Basel and Anderlecht. LOL.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
artan

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:26 am Anderlecht I fear is too much though. It’s like 10 or 20:1 odds.

Unfortunately Teuta has the easiest path on paper, while these other teams are left facing Basel and Anderlecht. LOL.
It’s because Teuta is going through the champions path which is much easier. The new system really makes it easier for league winners to qualify for the Conference league. If Teuta finished second they would have got knocked out the first round of Conference league qualifying.

It’d be funny if they end up qualifying tho.
artan

Updated UEFA Coefficient:

https://www.football-coefficient.eu/coefficient/

Looks like Kosovo is pretty much on par with Albania, Macedonia and Bosnia. In a few years, they might even surpass all.

For Albania you can see the Skenderbeu effect. Skenderbeu was the only team carrying Albania and when they got banned we were pitiful. We had good results last year and some decent results this year which is encouraging. We should get a nice bump for next year. There's no reason why countries like Luxembourg, Ireland, Lithuania, Latvia, etc, should be ahead of us in the rankings. Albania really needs a super team

Croatia as a league seems to be making moves. I guess it's good for us since alot of our players go there.
Aurora Bulkualis

I noticed that Laci had actually brought a lot of players just a few weeks back. That number 99 from Montenegro was very impressive on the field. Comfortable on the ball, both passing and dribbling, scored the only goal of the tie, and when he assists he actually looks at where he's passing and doesn't just blast it.

He seemed worthy of calling up to NT, but I knew there was 0 chance he was Albanian lol. Checked later and he came from Podgorica's team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz5Z_bSgeMA

This was from the 2nd match^. He scored the goal in the first leg, but played very well here too.
Aurora Bulkualis

Teuta's path to the group stages is actually a joke.

http://www.panorama.com.al/sport/teuta- ... -play-off/

Hopefully they don't f*** it up. I'd like to see an Albanian team play the final at AK, but that's a pipe dream at this point, considering teams like Anderlecht or Basel are in it. But they should make the group stages at least.
MercedesBenz240
Team: Bistrica

It's purposefully designed by UEFA so more countries would have guaranteed group stage football. I understand having a ''Champions'' path for the UCL, because it is the Champions League after all but it should definitely be scrapped for Conference League. Imagine what we're talking about if even an amateur team like Teuta has good chances of going through.
Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:01 am I'd like to see an Albanian team play the final at AK
:zgerdhimje:
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

If Teuta will eliminate Shamrock Rovers, they will face Flora Tallin for a place on the Conference League group. They have enough money to offer 6 month contracts for Roshi, Arlind Ajeti and Naser Aliji and also offer 6 months loan Mirlind Daku and Albion Marku.
Kuqaloshi maoist
artan

Teuta will have 0 chance to the final even if they qualify. You're still gonna have English, Italian, German and French teams in the group stages and then teams that get eliminated from the Europa league placed into the knockout rounds.
  • Information