Albania vs. San Marino - World Cup Qualifiers Europe - September 8, 2021

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:42 pm
RedFootballs wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:40 pm Don't know what you guys saw but I liked Manaj's play over this break. Took his goal nicely and had good hold-up play today, should have won a penalty against Poland (although the real patriots on this site would deny it because they'd rather see us lose than him score)

Also fail to the life of me see how Bare played bad in the insistence of a few posters on this forum, he was brilliant, circulating the ball around, and the fact he had the 2nd highest rating on WhoScored despite not scoring (very important for WhoScored algorithm) shows it.
I thought that was a clear pen, not given because we're only small Albania. Would've been huge , man that Poland game annoys me because it was 4 stupid goals that we don't normally give away.
Every other pull or tug we did was a yellow, Poles fouled all night with no consequences. It was a night where sadly everything went wrong despite Poland not being at their best, we missed an opportunity
These users thanked the author RedFootballs for the post:
CanaYouDoIt
CanaYouDoIt

RedFootballs wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:43 pm
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:42 pm
RedFootballs wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:40 pm Don't know what you guys saw but I liked Manaj's play over this break. Took his goal nicely and had good hold-up play today, should have won a penalty against Poland (although the real patriots on this site would deny it because they'd rather see us lose than him score)

Also fail to the life of me see how Bare played bad in the insistence of a few posters on this forum, he was brilliant, circulating the ball around, and the fact he had the 2nd highest rating on WhoScored despite not scoring (very important for WhoScored algorithm) shows it.
I thought that was a clear pen, not given because we're only small Albania. Would've been huge , man that Poland game annoys me because it was 4 stupid goals that we don't normally give away.
Every other pull or tug we did was a yellow, Poles fouled all night with no consequences. It was a night where sadly everything went wrong despite Poland not being at their best, we missed an opportunity
Was the same in the England game today btw
These users thanked the author CanaYouDoIt for the post:
RedFootballs
RedFootballs

Reja had very nice things to say about Broja today. I think he'll soon become the first-choice striker and Cika/Manaj/Uzuni will fight for the second spot, hopefully not Uzuni as he is obviously not a striker.
Dallku

While Manaj does get some unfair criticism by fans (we cannot pretend he's Balaj level of anti-football), I think his play style is what's frustrating to watch for fans. He's not a direct player at all... He usually drags himself in slow motion and passes it backwards even when he doesn't need to, doesn't really combine with teammates in the final third, ineffective in counter attacks because he's so slow and can also be selfish.

He basically plays with an overconfidence while not being very effective or threatening to the opponent at the same time if that makes sense.

I don't think Cika-Manaj is a good striker partnership because they are both slow and methodical. Cika is just more threatening to the opponent because he has magical moments on occasion.

I guess we'll see what Manaj is really made of in Italy.
Dallku

RedFootballs wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:12 am Reja had very nice things to say about Broja today. I think he'll soon become the first-choice striker and Cika/Manaj/Uzuni will fight for the second spot, hopefully not Uzuni as he is obviously not a striker.
Uzuni is impossible to drop against good teams because he contributes to the team a lot. Unfortunately he's not the most technically gifted but that 2nd striker role is the only position he can play. He's not a wing back.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:39 pm That Poland game will come to bite us back in the ass. We really should have gotten a draw there.
If we tied that game we'd be sitting comfortably in 2nd place. And if Poland lost today we'd be cruising. I think we have a slight chance now to make it and getting a win against Poland at home now is a must.
Plako

Dallku wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:43 amUzuni is impossible to drop against good teams because he contributes to the team a lot. Unfortunately he's not the most technically gifted but that 2nd striker role is the only position he can play. He's not a wing back.
Yeah he's our AliExpress Werner.
RedFootballs

I think Manaj still has much to learn because he makes some rookie mistakes sometimes but the most important thing for me is I see him improving and I can see a player in there. The last season with Barca B/Preseason with Barca first team greatly helped his confidence. As I said a lot to work on and he should work on becoming more dynamic but I see a lot of upside to him and think he will do well in Serie A

If we can we really should find a way to get Uzuni on the wing. At club level he's great there and as a 2nd striker for us he is pretty much just a running machine due to limited finishing, on the wing those talents would be better utilised and tbh he might not be terrible as a wingback. His stamina, effort is top level, he's pretty fast, good at crossing, team player. Idk how he defends.
Plako

RedFootballs wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:17 pm I think Manaj still has much to learn because he makes some rookie mistakes sometimes but the most important thing for me is I see him improving and I can see a player in there. The last season with Barca B/Preseason with Barca first team greatly helped his confidence. As I said a lot to work on and he should work on becoming more dynamic but I see a lot of upside to him and think he will do well in Serie A

If we can we really should find a way to get Uzuni on the wing. At club level he's great there and as a 2nd striker for us he is pretty much just a running machine due to limited finishing, on the wing those talents would be better utilised and tbh he might not be terrible as a wingback. His stamina, effort is top level, he's pretty fast, good at crossing, team player. Idk how he defends.
If he can get a few goals in the next few games with Spezia that could do wonders for his confidence. Cika has been in great form so we really need Manaj and Broja to have a strong month before our next two games.
  • Information