Hungary vs. Albania - World Cup Qualifiers Europe - October 9, 2021

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

CanaYouDoIt

Plako wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:39 pm
andi2410 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:32 pm Broja is different. I don't think he's ready for a 90 min load but definitely deserves 35+ min in second half to take advantage of tired defenses.

Bajrami was poor. I don't mind the missed passes, but he just looked so timid. 0 confidence on the ball.
Both Broja and Bajrami. I think Reja play this out perfectly. Bajrami will start out against Poland and will be fresher.

I'm really worried about Gjasula. He was turning over almost every ball in the second half.
I'm worried for Bare and Gjasula. They put in a huge shift, no way they can do that over 90mins again in just 3 days. We also have only 1 backup CM.
Dallku

I'm really worried about Gjasula. He was turning over almost every ball in the second half.

At his position/role, Gjasula should be the last player in the team to turn the ball over so much but today he passed it to Hungarians more than Albanians.

Albania was really fortunate to get away with Gjasula playing this bad. Bare was a one man midfield. He was crucial.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

I'm just thinking what De Biasi could have done with this team. He beat Norway and Portugal away with Salihi and Balaj up top. Lol
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
artan

Dallku wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:45 pm

At his position/role, Gjasula should be the last player in the team to turn the ball over so much but today he passed it to Hungarians more than Albanians.

Albania was really fortunate to get away with Gjasula playing this bad. Bare was a one man midfield. He was crucial.
Gjasula is really bad at passing let alone a simple pass but I thought he was very good defensively. Gjasula plays a very underrated role for us defensively and I don't think we have much cover for him.
artan

Bare was MOTM and is quickly becoming a top player for us. Solid performances from the backline who were all immense. Ismajli showed flashes offensively which was encouraging as we need to get offensive production from anywhere we can get it. Uzuini gets alot of shit and his finishing was bad today but his pace, relentless pressing and ability to make darting runs is what separates him from Cikaleshi or Manaj. As for Cikaleshi unless he gets quality service he's pretty much useless as he has no pace or creative ability, with Hysaj and Trashi as your wingbacks good luck with that. Hysaj is a solid player defensively and I appreciate his effort offensively to try to provide width (which is key for a wingback in a 3-5-2) but he looks so uncomfortable crossing or in the final third. It's time to play Hysaj as a LWB permanently which may be his better side and get a more attacking wing back option in Balliu who can provide crosses. As for Trashi he just doesn't have any pace and his crossing is whatever. I fear that Poland who have wingers with pace might expose him.
Aurora Bulkualis

I'm scared this dude might be a supersub his entire life. Doesn't seem the same when he starts matches.

But coming on against tired defenders he looks like Roshi, but you know, he can actually score.
Dallku

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:22 am I'm scared this dude might be a supersub his entire life. Doesn't seem the same when he starts matches.

But coming on against tired defenders he looks like Roshi, but you know, he can actually score.
Yeah he's pretty passive when he starts and once again in the post game Reja said that he doesn't start because he doesn't "fight" for the team. Southampton coach has also criticized his laziness multiple times.

The good thing is that he just turned 20. He's still an u21 player despite the supreme individual talent. So he still has time to "grow up" and learn good habits.

If you noticed today in the last 10 minutes when Hungary had everyone forward and applying pressure, Broja was just walking and chilling instead of sprinting and pressing them. I think that's what these coaches are talking about that he needs to fix. Also duels with defenders(especially aerial, hold-up play).

As much of a donkey Muriqi is, Broja needs some Muriqi in his game to be a complete striker.
These users thanked the author Dallku for the post:
ZenMaster
Aurora Bulkualis

Dallku wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:45 am If you noticed today in the last 10 minutes when Hungary had everyone forward and applying pressure, Broja was just walking and chilling instead of sprinting and pressing them. I think that's what these coaches are talking about that he needs to fix. Also duels with defenders(especially aerial, hold-up play).
Yeah I was screaming at the screen because he wasn't pressing. But he also mentioned that he had an injury.
artan wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:33 am Bare was MOTM and is quickly becoming a top player for us. Solid performances from the backline who were all immense. Ismajli showed flashes offensively which was encouraging as we need to get offensive production from anywhere we can get it. Uzuini gets alot of shit and his finishing was bad today but his pace, relentless pressing and ability to make darting runs is what separates him from Cikaleshi or Manaj. As for Cikaleshi unless he gets quality service he's pretty much useless as he has no pace or creative ability, with Hysaj and Trashi as your wingbacks good luck with that. Hysaj is a solid player defensively and I appreciate his effort offensively to try to provide width (which is key for a wingback in a 3-5-2) but he looks so uncomfortable crossing or in the final third. It's time to play Hysaj as a LWB permanently which may be his better side and get a more attacking wing back option in Balliu who can provide crosses. As for Trashi he just doesn't have any pace and his crossing is whatever. I fear that Poland who have wingers with pace might expose him.
MOTM after this?

Nah. That was a dumb selfish moment that could have easily been a goal for us. It might have cost us a qualifiers.
  • Information