Albania vs. Poland - World Cup Qualifiers Europe - October 12, 2021

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

MercedesBenz240
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:34 pm
Team: Bistrica
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 9 times
Contact:

Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:08 pm

Follen eagle wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:42 pm will go to Greece or Croatia instead.
Oh no.... anyways
User avatar
Simboli i Diellit
Posts: 4710
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:26 am
Location: Milan
Team: AC Milan
Has thanked: 197 times
Been thanked: 96 times
Contact:

Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:10 pm

Follen eagle wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:42 pm That's simple, looks that Albanian fans behave like idiots. Don't understand how they would like to present its country from this perspective on international level.
Poland was better and that's the fact, also if you will compare culture of publicity (which is not top at the moment, still many years in front of Albania).
Thought to go to this country, but it looks that this is waste of money - will go to Greece or Croatia instead.

All in all... the winner is:
POLSKA!
Who cares which country you wanna visit. Like we haven’t seen those Legia games where fans throw objects and fireworks in the field towards the players 😂 Your player went to celebrate and provoke the fans when he could easily gone towards the polish fans stand. Btw your fans were throwing bottles to our fans aswell 10 minutes earlier.

User avatar
artan
Posts: 2362
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:08 am
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 73 times
Contact:

Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:10 pm

Dallku wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:53 am ^ Kosovo is a good example too. Rashica has been bad for like 30 games straight but you don't see him getting benched for some 2nd division amateur so he can come late in the 2nd against "tired defenses". Nobody does this shit because it's not logical even if you might get lucky like Albania did against Hungary.

It's actually surprising that he's not benching Kumbulla for a Dermaku or something. That's how he's treating the midfielders and attackers. It's not right. For small teams like Albania you have to play your most talented players because they have the biggest potential to do something.

And what motivation does Broja have when he watches from the bench Manaj be Poland's best player for 70 minutes... How can he not get pissed off at that and expect to perform?? Makes no sense.
He actually did do that when he first got hired in the second half of the European qualifiers. Kumbulla benched against France, Iceland, Turkey, and Moldova for Dermaku and even for a 33 year old Mavraj for one match. Atleast you can make the case that Dermaku and Mavraj were borderline professional at that point. Only Albania caters to these amateurs who are playing in the pits of Europe (Dalku, Bulku, Vila, Balaj, Manaj, Trashi, even Cikaleshi, etc...)
These users thanked the author artan for the post:
CanaYouDoIt
User avatar
CanaYouDoIt
Posts: 1451
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:56 pm
Has thanked: 254 times
Been thanked: 67 times
Contact:

Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:33 pm

Follen eagle wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:42 pm That's simple, looks that Albanian fans behave like idiots. Don't understand how they would like to present its country from this perspective on international level.
Poland was better and that's the fact, also if you will compare culture of publicity (which is not top at the moment, still many years in front of Albania).
Thought to go to this country, but it looks that this is waste of money - will go to Greece or Croatia instead.

All in all... the winner is:
POLSKA!
Oh please , we won’t be lectured by a nation who partake in hooliganism to a professional level and have been done for racism in the past . Your fans were the ones who did it first anyway …
Dallku
Posts: 3189
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 50 times
Been thanked: 156 times
Contact:

Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:58 pm

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:58 am We're so terrible offensively at home against bigger teams

Portugal 0-1 (last minute goal)
Serbia 0-2 (last minute goals)
Turkey 0-2
Spain 0-2
Italy 0-1 (last 20 minutes goal)
England 0-2
France 0-2
Poland 0-1 (last 15 minute goal)

Literally you have to go back to 2013 when Salihi scored a consolation penalty against Switzerland at the end. We can score against some even-level teams like Norway and Hungary, but superior teams, we are so so terrible, especially at home.

Mental midgets.

Talent aside, they also don't have the mentality to cause upsets.

Many small teams play way above their level when they play superior teams at home, in front of hostile crowds. You see it in league play all the time where relegation teams upset the top teams pretty regularly.

For some odd reason, seems like home field advantage and hostile atmospheres have an opposite affect on Albania players. They actually shrink even below their level.
User avatar
Plako
Posts: 3244
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:21 am
Location: NYC
Team: Partizani
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 71 times
Contact:

Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:59 pm

Dallku wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:58 pmMental midgets.

Talent aside, they also don't have the mentality to cause upsets.

Many small teams play way above their level when they play superior teams at home, in front of hostile crowds. You see it in league play all the time where relegation teams upset the top teams pretty regularly.

For some odd reason, seems like home field advantage and hostile atmospheres have an opposite affect on Albania players. They actually shrink even below their level.
These guys wanna be the heroes so badly. It was so apparent yesterday when they weren't passing at all but barging ahead like idiots trying to dribble their way to Poland goal. That's on the coach.
User avatar
CanaYouDoIt
Posts: 1451
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:56 pm
Has thanked: 254 times
Been thanked: 67 times
Contact:

Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:17 pm

Plako wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:59 pm
Dallku wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:58 pmMental midgets.

Talent aside, they also don't have the mentality to cause upsets.

Many small teams play way above their level when they play superior teams at home, in front of hostile crowds. You see it in league play all the time where relegation teams upset the top teams pretty regularly.

For some odd reason, seems like home field advantage and hostile atmospheres have an opposite affect on Albania players. They actually shrink even below their level.
These guys wanna be the heroes so badly. It was so apparent yesterday when they weren't passing at all but barging ahead like idiots trying to dribble their way to Poland goal. That's on the coach.
Manaj on that 2 on 1 chance … youre not that guy pal
User avatar
Princ
Posts: 1458
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:36 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 28 times
Contact:

Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:54 pm

Follen eagle wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:42 pm That's simple, looks that Albanian fans behave like idiots. Don't understand how they would like to present its country from this perspective on international level.
Poland was better and that's the fact, also if you will compare culture of publicity (which is not top at the moment, still many years in front of Albania).
Thought to go to this country, but it looks that this is waste of money - will go to Greece or Croatia instead.

All in all... the winner is:
POLSKA!
Congratulations!

With the help of the officials, your country of 40 million twice beat the 69th ranked Albania. A team full of superstars like Poland must qualify at all costs!
User avatar
Princ
Posts: 1458
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:36 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 28 times
Contact:

Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:09 pm

Time to admit that the super professional Hysaj is responsible for the loss last night. The visitors did not look like scoring, but were gifted a goal in front of 22k Albanians.

Bare was terrible, but he got lucky as his mistakes were not capitalized on by the Polaks. Weak players who already cost us the first time around at Poland!

Thankfully, we have discovered alternatives for these positions. Doka and Laci are much stronger men, who must be given more trust going forward!
User avatar
artan
Posts: 2362
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:08 am
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 73 times
Contact:

Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:32 pm

Princ wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:09 pm Time to admit that the super professional Hysaj is responsible for the loss last night. The visitors did not look like scoring, but were gifted a goal in front of 22k Albanians.

Bare was terrible, but he got lucky as his mistakes were not capitalized on by the Polaks. Weak players who already cost us the first time around at Poland!

Thankfully, we have discovered alternatives for these positions. Doka and Laci are much stronger men, who must be given more trust going forward!
Laci? This dude had one good subsitute appearance against Hungary and he's ready to be a starter? He was pretty awful in the Nations League where he get dominated by Lithuania twice. As for Doka he's not even a starter for a mid table Croatian side.

The problem with the Laci's, Doka's, Cikaleshi, Trashi, Ramadani, etc, is they aren't consistent enough. They'll look okay one game and have a string of non-existent or bad performances and it's almost guaranteed against top competition they will shit the bed. They'll look whatever against a team like Hungary as they get exposed and will look really good against the San Marino's because these are amateur teams. We need professional players.

The core of this team is Gymcity, Bare, Kumbulla, Broja, Bajrami, Hysaj and potentially Strakosha and Ismajli. Everyone else is replaceable and just squad players. I hope some players like Muci, Mitaj or Asllani can add to the core by the time next qualifiers start. Balliu could have potentially be in this core but I don't expect him back.
Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests