Albania vs. Poland - World Cup Qualifiers Europe - October 12, 2021

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

artan wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:51 pm
Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:21 pm
artan wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:26 pm What I liked alot about our game against Hungary it seemed like we had some counter attacks which we've been pretty bad at under Reja. Uzuini gets criticism for his lack of finishing but his pace and ability to make runs is immense. That counter attack play will be needed against Poland as you can expect them to have the advantage possession and will be much more attacking than Hungary. Broja with his pace and dribbling ability is a threat on the counters compared to Cikaleshi who is a statue. Balliu in for Trashi and switch Hysaj to the left where he's better.

Losing Gym will be big and I don't know if Reja will go defensive because of it,
Yeah was thinking Uzuni and Borja up top might be a good counter duo. They’re both super fast.

Uzunis only problem is his terrible finishing. Maybe if he had someone to pass to.
I'm not sure if it was just a bad game but for his club he normally burries those chances. But the fact is we actually looked decent attacking wise against a competitive team and alot of that is because Uzuini just opens up the game for us whereas Cika/Balaj/Manaj cant.
Missed a huge chance against England as well and against Hungary the first time & San Marino. May be a confidence issue. I don't think it will change if he plays against Poland.

It's so hard because he adds a lot, if he could hit the target, he would genuinely be a Prem quality player. Creates so many chances and has such a high workrate, if he could put his chances away, he'd score so many goals
Dallku

I'm surprised at his finish against Betis in EL. That was a great finish and he's horrible at sitters. I guess a broken clock is right twice a day though.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Dallku wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:07 am I'm surprised at his finish against Betis in EL. That was a great finish and he's horrible at sitters. I guess a broken clock is right twice a day though.
You put a wooden pole in the penalty box and it's bound to get a few goals season. Strikers are all about conversion rate.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Klejdi1023

Uzuni is struggling as a striker bc he isn’t one. He can’t play from behind, can’t hold up the ball well, sucks in the air. Uzuni is most effective on the wing as he is fast, can dribble, and fits his direct style. It’s a forced move from Reja to put Uzuni as a striker and expect him to do all facets of the position.
artan

Uzuini is best in a free role offensively because he makes many runs and really does try to be a goal poacher. He’s kind of unpredictable too offensively which can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on the circumstances. But he always does try to put himself in dangerous positions whether it’s a run to stretch the back line or it’s a late run in the box to try to connect on a tap in.

He reminds me a lot on how Gashi was as a player but besides he has much more pace than Gashi ever could have dreamed of.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Sucks that Muci isn't here. He's just better than Uzuni.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
artan

Only Albania thinks a player like Cikaleshi is an undisputed starter. Pundits calling him a great goal scorer lol. Still don't get why they would even call up Balliu if they don't use him. It's clear they favorite Trashi for personal reasons since he's a former Partizani player and a non-diaspora player because if he was a Swiss or Italian diaspora he would have not been called up.

I also wonder about Hysaj playing as an emergency centerback if something were to happen to Kumbulla or Ismajli. I think he can be a good center back in a back three.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Cika positive
Genti
Team: Albania & Tirona

artan wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:44 pm Image

Only Albania thinks a player like Cikaleshi is an undisputed starter. Pundits calling him a great goal scorer lol. Still don't get why they would even call up Balliu if they don't use him. It's clear they favorite Trashi for personal reasons since he's a former Partizani player and a non-diaspora player because if he was a Swiss or Italian diaspora he would have not been called up.

I also wonder about Hysaj playing as an emergency centerback if something were to happen to Kumbulla or Ismajli. I think he can be a good center back in a back three.
Cikalleshi got covid. Hopefully no one else is infected in the team. Broja Uzuni up top would be good but its probably going to be Manaj Uzuni now.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

RedFootballs wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:09 pm Cika positive
I read somewhere that Cikalleshi didn’t get vaccinated 😂 Btw he was kissing and hugging Reja the other day. There must be others positive aswell.
  • Information