Albania vs. Poland - World Cup Qualifiers Europe - October 12, 2021

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

CanaYouDoIt

Gjasula is actually a huge loss man, these last 3/4 games he has really stepped up. The difference between him and Cokaj/Ramadani is huge. I'd go with Cokaj, he's more combative than Ramadani but its a huge ask for whomever plays now.
Dallku

Bare is the only midfielder left? Lol

Would rather see someone play out of position there like a Hysaj or Balliu than a Ramadani.

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:29 am Albania’s odds going up while Poland win and draw are going down. They’re heavy favourites we haven’t beaten a team their caliber since Portugal in the Euro 2016 qualifiers.
Contrary to the Hungary game where the odds were going in Albania's favor as the match came closer.
Dallku

If you think about it, it's crazy that Albania is depending on a 21 and 20 year olds to carry it in defense/attack and take it to the world cup for the first time ever.

Imagine if they actually do it.
engineer123

With all these absences, would a bet on Poland winning the match at odds of 2 be sensible?
There would be at least some consolation if that happens to be the case.
artan

It's official Gjasula is out. I would switch it to a 3-4-3 and try to press the shit out Poland.

---------Broja
-----Roshi--Uzuini
Hysaj-Bajrami-Bare-Balliu
---Veseli-Kumb-Ismajli
---------Berisha

It's crazy how thin the selections are. Reja stacked this lineup selection with center forwards and center backs.
CanaYouDoIt

artan wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:36 pm It's official Gjasula is out. I would switch it to a 3-4-3 and try to press the shit out Poland.

---------Broja
-----Roshi--Uzuini
---Veseli-Kumb-Ismajli
---------Berisha

It's crazy how thin the selections are. Reja stacked this lineup selection with center forwards and center backs.
Can't have Bajrami as a 2 in CM. Nullifies anything good he's at and exacerbates his deficiencies which are ball retention and defending.
Klejdi1023

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:54 pm
artan wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:36 pm It's official Gjasula is out. I would switch it to a 3-4-3 and try to press the shit out Poland.

---------Broja
-----Roshi--Uzuini
---Veseli-Kumb-Ismajli
---------Berisha

Can't have Bajrami as a 2 in CM. Nullifies anything good he's at and exacerbates his deficiencies which are ball retention and defending.
I'd put Kumbulla as a DM, and Dermaku in his place, but we would hurt Ramadani's feelings :zgerdhimje: Nothing we can do now, either Cokaj or Ramadani takes Gjasula's place. Bare will have to have an amazing game to win the midfield battle now.
artan

Klejdi1023 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:04 pm

---------Broja
-----Roshi--Uzuini
---Veseli-Kumb-Ismajli
---------Berisha

I'd put Kumbulla as a DM, and Dermaku in his place, but we would hurt Ramadani's feelings :zgerdhimje: Nothing we can do now, either Cokaj or Ramadani takes Gjasula's place. Bare will have to have an amazing game to win the midfield battle now.
Kumbulla definitely doesn't have the legs for the midfield and I personally don't think Dermaku over Ramadani is an improvement. If we're gonna experiment I think it's Hysaj at DM which would allow us to get another professional (Balliu) in the lineup.
Klejdi1023

artan wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:07 pm
Klejdi1023 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:04 pm

Kumbulla definitely doesn't have the legs for the midfield and I personally don't think Dermaku over Ramadani is an improvement. If we're gonna experiment I think it's Hysaj at DM which would allow us to get another professional (Balliu) in the lineup.
I don't think Hysaj can handle the DM spot. Kumbulla is strong in the air, a good passer, and has played in that central role for Albania for a while now. Dermaku as the central CB is not bad at all, or maybe even put Mihaj there. I've not seen much of Cokaj, but I don't think this is the game for him to show his worth.
CanaYouDoIt

You guys are overthinking it. Leave this Kumbulla or Hysaj at DM nonsense. Its going to be Cokaj or Ramadani actual CMs. Moving Hysaj or Kumbulla causes more problems.
  • Information