UEFA Nations League 2022-2023

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

User avatar
Princ
Posts: 2231
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:36 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 46 times
Contact:

Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:55 pm

Hungary 5 of 5 shots on targets..

Take a look at their goals, absolute class! With the exception of Broja, this new generation of Albanian players do not know how to strike the ball. Hungary is not even that fast of a team, but super dangerous on counterattack tonight.

Defensively, they fielded a 3 back formation and it still held strong against a quick team like England. Albania scored 1 goal on the likes of Iceland/Israel, then the wheels fell off.
User avatar
Aurora Bulkualis
Posts: 4386
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:24 pm
Location: Bulkustan
Team: Fc Bulku
Has thanked: 147 times
Been thanked: 189 times
Contact:

Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:57 pm

Hungary has 2 wingers playing for top teams.

We have Broja who we expect to carry the entire team with almost 0 support.
John 14:6 "Bulku saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, De Biasi, but by me."
Dallku
Posts: 4100
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 93 times
Been thanked: 312 times
Contact:

Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:20 pm

One thing about Hungary and even Israel and Iceland, they are very direct teams. As soon as they get the ball they are off to the races.

Unlike Albania that will make a million sideways and backwards passes leading to nowhere and then throw a random long ball here and there. It's like they are scared to move the ball forward and attack with conviction.

Only Balliu has been the exception in this. He's direct.
User avatar
Princ
Posts: 2231
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:36 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 46 times
Contact:

Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:39 pm

Dallku wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:20 pm One thing about Hungary and even Israel and Iceland, they are very direct teams. As soon as they get the ball they are off to the races.

Unlike Albania that will make a million sideways and backwards passes leading to nowhere and then throw a random long ball here and there. It's like they are scared to move the ball forward and attack with conviction.
Agreed..

Though, Balliu does not feel the weight of the shirt and plays like this is a club team. No surprise there, as he cannot even speak Albanian.

Unacceptable movement on first Israel goal. Way too high up the pitch and jogging back casually. Did not even attempt to take out the Israeli fullback driving forward at 1:36 of the video.

https://ieuro2020.com/clip-highlights-n ... 1-2-israel
User avatar
artan
Posts: 2645
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:08 am
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 119 times
Contact:

Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:40 pm

Hungary also plays quick counter attacking football. They defend well, fluster the opponents forcing them to over commit offensively and then do quick counters when they win the ball back. They don't care about possession.

This is what has made me crazy watching Albania over the years is our lack of counters and pace. Playing Trashi and Hysaj at wingbacks and Cikaleshi and Manaj at forwards ensure no pace or counter attacking and results in a rugby style offensive. Reja can't seem to grasp this. The only time I've seen it was against Israel and that was scrapped after they tied it up (then we got Gjasula, Ramadani and Balaj inserted lol)
User avatar
artan
Posts: 2645
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:08 am
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 119 times
Contact:

Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:43 pm

Princ wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:39 pm
Dallku wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:20 pm One thing about Hungary and even Israel and Iceland, they are very direct teams. As soon as they get the ball they are off to the races.

Unlike Albania that will make a million sideways and backwards passes leading to nowhere and then throw a random long ball here and there. It's like they are scared to move the ball forward and attack with conviction.
Agreed..

Though, Balliu does not feel the weight of the shirt and plays like this is a club team. No surprise there, as he cannot even speak Albanian.

Unacceptable movement on first Israel goal. Way too high up the pitch and jogging back casually. Did not even attempt to take out the Israeli midfielder driving forward at 1:36 of the video.

https://ieuro2020.com/clip-highlights-n ... 1-2-israel
Did you not see the part where Ismajli left Solomon to challenge the ball carrier leading to a wide open Solomon sprinting down the flank? Asllani theoritically would have covered the ball carrier in place of Ismajli.

Ismajli is such a low IQ player. This dude can't play in a 3-5-2 and especially in a style like Reja.
User avatar
Princ
Posts: 2231
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:36 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 46 times
Contact:

Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:49 pm

artan wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:43 pm Did you not see the part where Ismajli left Solomon to challenge the ball carrier leading to a wide open Solomon sprinting down the flank? Asllani theoritically would have covered the ball carrier in place of Ismajli.

Ismajli is such a low IQ player. This dude can't play in a 3-5-2 and especially in a style like Reja.
Balliu is first at fault there..

Had he taken out the Israeli fullback, there is no counter attack at all.
User avatar
Aurora Bulkualis
Posts: 4386
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:24 pm
Location: Bulkustan
Team: Fc Bulku
Has thanked: 147 times
Been thanked: 189 times
Contact:

Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:50 pm

Ismajli is benched even in his team. I'd rather play Veseli if we're playing a back 3.
John 14:6 "Bulku saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, De Biasi, but by me."
User avatar
Aurora Bulkualis
Posts: 4386
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:24 pm
Location: Bulkustan
Team: Fc Bulku
Has thanked: 147 times
Been thanked: 189 times
Contact:

Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:51 pm

Princ wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:49 pm
artan wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:43 pm Did you not see the part where Ismajli left Solomon to challenge the ball carrier leading to a wide open Solomon sprinting down the flank? Asllani theoritically would have covered the ball carrier in place of Ismajli.

Ismajli is such a low IQ player. This dude can't play in a 3-5-2 and especially in a style like Reja.
Balliu is first at fault there..

Had he taken out the Israeli midfielder, there is no counter attack at all.
Would you like for him to wipe your ass as well? The whole point of a back 3 system is wingbacks have more freedom because the outside 3 can act temporarily as FBs.
John 14:6 "Bulku saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, De Biasi, but by me."
User avatar
Simboli i Diellit
Posts: 5138
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:26 am
Location: Milan
Team: AC Milan
Has thanked: 316 times
Been thanked: 171 times
Contact:

Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:29 am

Hungary beat England twice in a matter of days. This just shows that right mentality>> talent. Reja must go.
Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 17 guests