[Int. Friendly] Spain vs. Albania - 26/03/2022 - 19:45

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Albania will play a friendly match at the end of March against Spain.
This will be the first friendly match between these two national teams, which have so far played against each other seven challenges, all valid for the qualifiers of European and World championships.
Albania has played two matches with Spain, within the qualifiers of the European Championship 1988. The first match took place in our country, at "Qemal Stafa" stadium on December 3, 1986 and was won by the Spaniards with a close result 1-2 , while in the second match in Spain, on November 18, 1987, Albania was defeated 5-0.
Meanwhile, the third challenge, valid for the qualifiers of the 1992 European Championship took place in Seville, on December 19, 1990, and ended 9-0 in favor of the Spaniards.
The other 4 challenges were all developed within the qualifiers for the world championships, namely the 1994 World Cup and the 2018 World Cup, where Albania did not manage to win any of these matches.
The upcoming friendly match will take place in Spain on March 26, 2022.
artan

We need to see Broja, Bajrami, Asllani and Balliu in the starting lineup. It's criminal how poorly managed we are with the talent we have.

Also scrap the 3-5-2, it doesn't work.

-------Broja
Bajrami----Uzuini (Cekici)
---Laci--Bare
-----Asllani
Hysaj-Kum-Gym-Balliu

I just don't want to see the old guard anymore (Balaj, Cika, Roshi) and the scrubs (Trashi, Rramadani) anymore.
CanaYouDoIt

artan wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 3:51 pm We need to see Broja, Bajrami, Asllani and Balliu in the starting lineup. It's criminal how poorly managed we are with the talent we have.

-------Broja
---Laci--Bare
-----Asllani
Hysaj-Kum-Gym-Balliu

I just don't want to see the old guard anymore (Balaj, Cika, Roshi) and the scrubs (Trashi, Rramadani) anymore.
Agree with everything said, its time to build for the future. Cika I still think has a role for us but the other 30+ guys need to go, time to use this year to build a new core.
Dallku

artan wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 3:51 pm We need to see Broja, Bajrami, Asllani and Balliu in the starting lineup. It's criminal how poorly managed we are with the talent we have.

-------Broja
---Laci--Bare
-----Asllani
Hysaj-Kum-Gym-Balliu

On paper that's actually a mid-table top league team. In international football it's about a pot 2 team (or upper 3) and should be more than good enough to qualify for tournaments.

The biggest weakness is depth. One injury or suspension in midfield or LB and you're forced to play potential amateurs.
CanaYouDoIt

Dallku wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:25 pm

-------Broja
---Laci--Bare
-----Asllani
Hysaj-Kum-Gym-Balliu

On paper that's actually a mid-table top league team. In international football it's about a pot 2 team (or upper 3) and should be more than good enough to qualify for tournaments.

The biggest weakness is depth. One injury or suspension in midfield or LB and you're forced to play potential amateurs.
Yeah, but getting a good 1st XI is a start. Thats why I wanna use these friendlies and nations league to see how much depth we actually have. Throw everyone in there and see what sticks.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Dallku wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:25 pm

-------Broja
---Laci--Bare
-----Asllani
Hysaj-Kum-Gym-Balliu

A lot of the time the lineups on paper look really nice but the mix of profiles isn't good/the players don't gel together. I would keep Gjasula on stand by there because he was really impressive last campaign and that lineup is really attacking.

Should also try to get Bajrami at AM and get him the ball.
Dallku

RedFootballs wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:38 pm
A lot of the time the lineups on paper look really nice but the mix of profiles isn't good/the players don't gel together. I would keep Gjasula on stand by there because he was really impressive last campaign and that lineup is really attacking.

True that's why you need glue players like Uzuni in there. Wouldn't be surprised if Broja and Bajrami don't work well together since they both have low work rates. But either way Reja is not giving up on the 3 in the back formation so that lineup won't happen regardless.

Which games was Gjasula good at in the last campaign? Besides that nice assist to Cikalleshi he looked over the hill from what I remember. Bad passing and could barely move.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Dallku wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:10 pm
RedFootballs wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:38 pm

True that's why you need glue players like Uzuni in there. Wouldn't be surprised if Broja and Bajrami don't work well together since they both have low work rates. But either way Reja is not giving up on the 3 in the back formation so that lineup won't happen regardless.

Which games was Gjasula good at in the last campaign? Besides that nice assist to Cikalleshi he looked over the hill from what I remember. Bad passing and could barely move.
To play a 3 at the back your players need to be really tactically aware and in sync as well as having great wing backs. So it makes 0 sense that we play it, you only get a few weeks to train the players at int level and then he puts Trashi at WB. It falls into tatters like against England because the players get confused.

I thought Gjasula was good against Hungary and ofc against Poland. He offers a lot defensively and tbh his passing surprised me. He's getting up there in age but he knows how to protect the defense, if we'll play with Bajrami and Asllani that will be more attacking.
Princ

De Biasi drew France on the road and beat them at home in friendlies to propel Albania into top 25.

Time to see if Reja can replicate that success here at Spain.
artan

While Uzuini misses alot he atleast provides other aspects of the game such as pressing, tracking back, etc, that we need. Andi Lila was much worst offensively than Uzuini but found a niche as he was a workhorse defensively. Offensively, Uzuini can provide pace and width that our other attackers like Cika or Manaj can't provide so he's still a better threat offensively even if his finishing is poor.

As for Gjasula he is decent but Asllani is the better option. Now you can make the case for Gjasula over Laci and slip Asllani more forward which can work. My concern with Gjasula is while he's a good destroyer sometimes his passing and handling of the ball is really poor which is really needed from that holding midfielder. Asllani seems like he's so much better in that regards.
These users thanked the author artan for the post:
CanaYouDoIt
  • Information