[UNL] Albania vs Israel - 10/06/2022 - 20:45 ECT

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:09 pm
RedFootballs wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:59 am
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:38 am

Watch the game with your eyes and tell me Gjasula is better than them.

Because look at the context of the game. And if you want , look at how many passes Gjasula made when he came on. All we did was play long balls all evening, I don’t wanna watch it back but I could easily find so many times where Asllani was coming short for the ball and they’d just hoof it long
Asllani gets a pass because he was top against Georgia and he is very young and new to the NT. I'm sure he will prove to be a great midfielder for us in the future and yes he is better than Gjasula. But Gjasula is not a 'liability' either and has been very good for us over the last year or two, however it is not recognised because he played in a second division most his career (btw, so did Balliu).

Bajrami, however, something is not working. I don't think he has played a good game for us yet. It could be a question of the tactics but Abrashi in the same position has been arguably MOTM in both games now.
Gjasula very much is a liability , he isn't good enough on the ball to be that bad defensively. And Gjasula has played 3rd/4th/5th his career not 2nd.

For Bajrami, like I've repeated 100times till my head explodes is the position, he isn't a CM. He is a 10 , a low touch player who will try to get things done on it, not dominate the tempo. And when he was on the ball he made things happen, for example that long run where he gave it to Broja for our only chance of the half really. Abrashi is a CM and is a little warrior we all should love.
Against Iceland even the English Prem commentators were praising Gjasula saying he was controlling the game and plays great passes with both feet. Since he started getting capped like 2 years ago or so he's been quality. He might have played at a low level most his career (not anymore) but those games also add up in experience, he has nearly 400 games played in his career.

Bajrami is a talented player but at this international level for us he won't find the space he does with his team, we build much lower quality attacking patterns and I don't think we can afford to accommodate a low work rate 10 unless they are really bringing in goals and assists. He has to be more involved in the game in general and more as a CM.
CanaYouDoIt

RedFootballs wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:23 pm
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:09 pm
RedFootballs wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:59 am

Asllani gets a pass because he was top against Georgia and he is very young and new to the NT. I'm sure he will prove to be a great midfielder for us in the future and yes he is better than Gjasula. But Gjasula is not a 'liability' either and has been very good for us over the last year or two, however it is not recognised because he played in a second division most his career (btw, so did Balliu).

Bajrami, however, something is not working. I don't think he has played a good game for us yet. It could be a question of the tactics but Abrashi in the same position has been arguably MOTM in both games now.
Gjasula very much is a liability , he isn't good enough on the ball to be that bad defensively. And Gjasula has played 3rd/4th/5th his career not 2nd.

For Bajrami, like I've repeated 100times till my head explodes is the position, he isn't a CM. He is a 10 , a low touch player who will try to get things done on it, not dominate the tempo. And when he was on the ball he made things happen, for example that long run where he gave it to Broja for our only chance of the half really. Abrashi is a CM and is a little warrior we all should love.
Against Iceland even the English Prem commentators were praising Gjasula saying he was controlling the game and plays great passes with both feet. Since he started getting capped like 2 years ago or so he's been quality. He might have played at a low level most his career (not anymore) but those games also add up in experience, he has nearly 400 games played in his career.
I think you're confusing someone playing easy passes against no pressure from Iceland for controlling the game. He's a liability the second he is pressed, he is a major liability off the ball, he cant tackle, he cant track runners, he just commits fouls. He may be decent at times and is good at long balls but that's it. He shouldn't be starting for us at all.
CanaYouDoIt

RedFootballs wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:23 pm

Bajrami is a talented player but at this international level for us he won't find the space he does with his team, we build much lower quality attacking patterns and I don't think we can afford to accommodate a low work rate 10 unless they are really bringing in goals and assists. He has to be more involved in the game in general and more as a CM.
If anything he'll find more space, international football is played at a lower tempo for the most part. We build up in less quality because of our manager, not because our players are not capable. Goals and assists is exactly what he brings, and I never said he is low work rate, he just doesnt get involved in build up the way someone like Asllani does. Low touch does not mean low work rate. He isn't a CM, so just forget it.
Dallku

RedFootballs wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:55 am Gjasula against Iceland : 73 touches. 51/59 passes completed. 9/12 long balls.

Asllani and Bajrami combined passing stats vs Israel : 33/38 passes completed. 3/5 long balls.

But people here call him a 'liability'

Context matters. Iceland was giving you ages to pass while Israel was pressing the Albanian midfielders like hell. They made Abrashi look like prime iniesta. We saw both Gjasula and his donkey bro Ramadani against the Israeli press in the second half. It was ugly.

Asllani didn’t play well. It was a tough game for him for many reasons. Also don’t think he should’ve been subbed out.

Bajrami wasn’t great but at least he showed more guts than someone like Cekici who plays with an inferiority complex for the. The problem with Bajrami is that he needs to use his teammates better. Same with Broja.

What Albania was missing badly was Keidi Bare.
Teodor87

Some of the comments just made me also come on here and react.
1.Reja has to be fired. This team has no character and no style. No offense and no defense. This is down to the coach. Example: when Koeaman was the coach of barca there was no system no characteristic. Xavi took over and took them from 9th to 4th with the same players. They play much more attractive football and the team has a characteristic and style of play.

2.This team has too many similar players e.g. strikers only lenghty number 9s. Balaj and Cikalleshi are only blocking the development of Vrioni and Broja. So leave them out. We need wingers. It is true that there arent many wingers for us out there. However I think they will improve us immensily. I know that sounds strange but even though those wingers might be players from the albanian leauge they will much better complement the skillset of the rest of the team in a 4231.

We have too many defensive and holding midfielders. Ramadani and Gjasula out. Selahi and Mucolli in?

3. The new coach should have an actual gameplan and use players that best meet the criteria. That being said we should build a team around Strakosha, Kumbulla, Gjimshiti/Ismajli/Mihaj, Hysaj (he will improve in a 4231), Balliu, Keidi, Asllani, Bajrami (the attacking midfielder in this formation, winger 1, winger 2 and Broja

It is absolutely possible that in the first game the team will still have some issues because of the new system but Im 100% sure of something: we will create 10 times more chances and probably finally score goals from open play.
These users thanked the author Teodor87 for the post (total 2):
Simboli i DiellitKlejdi1023
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Pretty sure Reja is done. Just hope that Duka doesn’t employ another Italian grandpa who’s obsessed with his own lineup module. You just have to play the best team you have and everyone knows after 3 years that our pool of players doesn’t fit in the back 3 lineup.
These users thanked the author Simboli i Diellit for the post:
Teodor87
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

The only problem this game was Solomon. 18 million euro player for Shaktar, and only 22. Got both goals.

Forget top teams, Albania cant handle anyone resembling a top player. Even if the rest of the team is amateur.
These users thanked the author Aurora Bulkualis for the post:
CanaYouDoIt
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Dallku

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:31 pm The only problem this game was Solomon. 18 million euro player for Shaktar, and only 22. Got both goals.

Forget top teams, Albania cant handle anyone resembling a top player. Even if the rest of the team is amateur.

Both goals were retarded... On the first one how do you have a lead and get countered like that?? Balliu was way too high up the field.

On the 2nd one the marking and of course Berisha doing Berisha things.
Princ

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:31 pm The only problem this game was Solomon. 18 million euro player for Shaktar, and only 22. Got both goals.

Football is a team game..

It was not only Solomon that beat us. Our super professionals could not penetrate their “amateur” defence. Physically, they were too much for us.

Reja decided to listen to the Albanian experts and field bunch of weak midgets. Got bullied in midfield and on set pieces. Had no aerial threat either, and it was just a tough night overall.
Dallku

^ Albania was actually winning the aerial duels for the most part and could've scored from set pieces. Ismajli had a golden chance or two.

They destroyed Albania with pace and technique which was the initial fear. Their press was so effective because they were too quick. That's why they won the midfield battle.

Them having a 4v3 counter attack while you're up 1-0 is the most ridiculous thing ever.
  • Information