New coach options & proposals

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Should we have a foreign or Albanian coach next?

Poll ended at Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:12 am

Albanian
56%
Foreign
44%

Total votes: 16
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Min 3:20 Reja gets angry with the journalist. All journalists at the conference’s are selected and accredited from the FA.

https://youtu.be/2pwg1po1n7c
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

His contract runs out soon and due to his age even if he won these games he probably wouldn't be renewed anyway, so we know he will be out soon.
RedFootballs

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:11 am Min 3:20 Reja gets angry with the journalist. All journalists at the conference’s are selected and accredited from the FA.

https://youtu.be/2pwg1po1n7c
He sounds like Princ :lol: :lol: Are we sure they aren't the same person

'Why do you always ask this it doesn't matter if we play 352 or 343' when someone asks him if he could try another formation :lol: First coach I've ever seen that thinks the formation doesn't matter
These users thanked the author RedFootballs for the post:
CanaYouDoIt
CanaYouDoIt

RedFootballs wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:48 am His contract runs out soon and due to his age even if he won these games he probably wouldn't be renewed anyway, so we know he will be out soon.
Which is why I’m so confused as to why he is here. If he’s not here for the next euro qualify why is he here now ? A new manager could’ve used this time to introduce his ideas.
CanaYouDoIt

Also regarding 3 at the back. It’s not the formation that’s the problem , it’s the way we go about it . Atletico Madrid use it, Chelsea use it , successful teams , but they don’t play in a manor we saw 15 years ago and they are compact unlike us. I think a manager can make it work but he just has been a flop.
CanaYouDoIt

My no.1 option in my heart rn is Besnik Hasi. Former captain, actually understands our people. The players will respect him and he'll care about our team unlike Reja who puts us down. Club coaching has gone stale for him so I believe its time.

If you want me to be unrealistic, there are available managers like Benitez , Marco Rose or even Leo Jardim.

Point being, there are many guys out there younger, better than Reja. You just have to be willing to 1) Pay them and 2) Not have a puppet as a coach.

Do I trust Duka ? No
RedFootballs

If we want to win this group, we need 2 wins next round. Pa tjeter.

Reja clearly will not bring those wins so he has to go now.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:59 am Also regarding 3 at the back. It’s not the formation that’s the problem , it’s the way we go about it . Atletico Madrid use it, Chelsea use it , successful teams , but they don’t play in a manor we saw 15 years ago and they are compact unlike us. I think a manager can make it work but he just has been a flop.
It is the formation because we dont have the players for it. Those teams do.

Our wings are the weakest point, and we need extra personnel there to stretch the play. Playing only with wingbacks when one of them is Hysaj playing on the wrong side of the field is a recipe for disaster.

Look at when we beat Portugal or Romania with DB. Always a right winger crossing to CF. First time it was Roshi, but with Romania it was fucking Lila.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
artan

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:19 pm
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:59 am Also regarding 3 at the back. It’s not the formation that’s the problem , it’s the way we go about it . Atletico Madrid use it, Chelsea use it , successful teams , but they don’t play in a manor we saw 15 years ago and they are compact unlike us. I think a manager can make it work but he just has been a flop.
It is the formation because we dont have the players for it. Those teams do.

Our wings are the weakest point, and we need extra personnel there to stretch the play. Playing only with wingbacks when one of them is Hysaj playing on the wrong side of the field is a recipe for disaster.

Look at when we beat Portugal or Romania with DB. Always a right winger crossing to CF. First time it was Roshi, but with Romania it was fucking Lila.
For how defensive we played under DB we usually had decent counters on the flank with Roshi and Lenjani. We don't have that anymore because of Reja's style with having two wingbacks (who the past 3 years neither can get forward) and with playing two sluggish forwards in Balaj/Manaj/Cika/Seferi. Also those teams pressed alot creating quick counter attacking chances. We don't press anymore and we generally just sit back in our half inviting crosses.

Reja's style is very slow and our guys don't have the possession and discipline to play in it. I would go back to a 4-3-3 and go back to a more pressing and counter attacking style. We shouldn't play a back three to accommodate a Serie A bench player in Ismajli or fool us thinking that Hysaj has the ability to be a wingback because he played for Napoli.

-------Broja
-Bajrami-----Uzuini
-----Bare--Laci
-------Asllani
Hysaj-Kum-Gym-Balliu
--------GK

Broja and Bajrami certainly don't have the workates to press but that gets made up for with Uzuini, Bare and Laci who can all press.
Dallku

The irony is that we probably don't have the team to play 4 in the back either. Balliu is very offensive minded and the wingers are lacking. (no, Uzuni is not it)

Reja also said one time that he insists on the 3 CB lineup because that's what Djimisiti wants to play. Also it's easier on Kumbulla.
These users thanked the author Dallku for the post:
ZenMaster
  • Information