Albanian Teams on Europe 2022-23

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

CanaYouDoIt

Dallku wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:19 pm
artan wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:33 am https://www.footballseeding.com/uefa/co ... g/2022-23/

Kosovo currently in the 33th spot while Albania is down at 49th. Ballkani definitely seems like the kind who can qualify for Europe another time with the core they have. While I have given up all hope on Albania ever having competitive teams in Europe I have hope that Kosovar teams can break through. I hope because it can be a breeding ground for the NT. If the Albanian Superliga continues to fail at producing any quality player what so ever it's time for us to look in Kosovo for their domestic talents.

What is Kosovo producing? What are some good players?? Their u17, u19, and u21 lose every game just like Albania.

They might take things more seriously, organized, disciplined and less corruption but when it comes to individual talents that can make a difference they produce nothing just like Albania.
They certainly produce much better talent than Albania . I’m talking about homegrown guys not diaspora like Broja here.

I can’t name you one talent from the superliga apart from Simoni
artan

Dallku wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:19 pm
artan wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:33 am https://www.footballseeding.com/uefa/co ... g/2022-23/

Kosovo currently in the 33th spot while Albania is down at 49th. Ballkani definitely seems like the kind who can qualify for Europe another time with the core they have. While I have given up all hope on Albania ever having competitive teams in Europe I have hope that Kosovar teams can break through. I hope because it can be a breeding ground for the NT. If the Albanian Superliga continues to fail at producing any quality player what so ever it's time for us to look in Kosovo for their domestic talents.

What is Kosovo producing? What are some good players?? Their u17, u19, and u21 lose every game just like Albania.

They might take things more seriously, organized, disciplined and less corruption but when it comes to individual talents that can make a difference they produce nothing just like Albania.
Kosovo was just admitted into FIFA 6 years ago. In the meantime their league has overcome Albania (by a decent margin) starting from scratch. The results so far seem to be promising. Will they produce quality players? I don't know but if their teams have success in Europe and due to the fact their clubs seem to take the approach of going young and not signing mercenary foreigners I would think they would end up producing more than Albania.

It also just takes 1 or 2 clubs to produce talent. Skenderbeu was close to becoming an Albanian club to produce players and if they would have never been cancelled they would have produced players and the Superliga would be in a much different place. Ballkani seems like it may be on that track and they go after young domestic players. Maybe another team in Kosovo emerges and tries to be serious in European qualification. The top few clubs in a league determines how strong the league is and if the clubs are good then it has a trickle down effect on the rest of the league (ie increased transfers, the powerhouse club poaching players from smaller clubs, increased competition, etc).
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Almost all of Albania's good players are diaspora. Albania's youth teams are "equal" to Kosova's players through emigrants.

I'm sure if you do a quick resume of Albanian youth players and Kosovar youth players who are playing pro now you'd see the difference. A player like Rrahmani would have never been produced in Albania's youth system.
These users thanked the author Aurora Bulkualis for the post:
CanaYouDoIt
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Dallku

Rrahmani and Muriqi are pushing 30.

No professional player has come out of there in ages just like Albania. You can argue that Albania has more recent products with Uzuni and Keidi.

Even Greece is somehow producing more Albania NT potential. Mitaj was sold for 3 million... What Kosovar league player was sold for anywhere near that much? And then you have Ndoj who could be a supertalent.
artan

Aren't Zhegrova and Rashica products of Kosovo? They also Muja who transferred this summer to the currently top placed Belgium side.

And the point I was trying to make is that Kosovo league has been making progress despite only being admitted 6 years ago and the future in the Kosovar league seems to be brighter than the Albanian Superliga. You see a team like Ballkani from a small town able to compete in European competition with only domestic players and it gives you hope. I think some of these guys like Emerllahu, Zyba, Korenica and Dellova are generating interest from European clubs similar to what happened with Skenderbeu. Maybe another team like Prishtina will join. This gives me hope for a potential breeding ground of domestic players.

I just don't see the same with Albanian clubs. They are too busy getting wiped out by Andorran teams.
These users thanked the author artan for the post:
CanaYouDoIt
Redijupison

Dallku wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:35 pm Rrahmani and Muriqi are pushing 30.

No professional player has come out of there in ages just like Albania. You can argue that Albania has more recent products with Uzuni and Keidi.

Even Greece is somehow producing more Albania NT potential. Mitaj was sold for 3 million... What Kosovar league player was sold for anywhere near that much? And then you have Ndoj who could be a supertalent.
Man taking pride in Greek's football products is an instant L, lmao.
Dallku

artan wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:19 pm Aren't Zhegrova and Rashica products of Kosovo? They also Muja who transferred this summer to the currently top placed Belgium side.

And the point I was trying to make is that Kosovo league has been making progress despite only being admitted 6 years ago and the future in the Kosovar league seems to be brighter than the Albanian Superliga. You see a team like Ballkani from a small town able to compete in European competition with only domestic players and it gives you hope. I think some of these guys like Emerllahu, Zyba, Korenica and Dellova are generating interest from European clubs similar to what happened with Skenderbeu. Maybe another team like Prishtina will join. This gives me hope for a potential breeding ground of domestic players.

I just don't see the same with Albanian clubs. They are too busy getting wiped out by Andorran teams.

If you add Zhegrova and Rashica then might as well bring up Hysaj, Cekici, Muci, Cokaj, etc...

League doesn't mean shit when it comes to producing players. Cypriot league is and will always be 20x better than the Kosovar league and they don't produce anything for their NT.

With this new Conference League there are a lot of village teams that are having success. It's literally made for villages and amateurs to play against each other and compete in Europe. So Ballkani beat some Faroe Islands team to qualify and now they treat a mediocre team like Sivasspor like they are playing against prime Barcelona. Big whoop..

Albanian league rejects like Gripshi and Stivi Frasheri are stand outs there... That should tell you everything right there.

Kosovo is 100% depended on their diaspora. People pretending like they have some culture/tradition like their Slavic neighbors when it comes to producing players are deluded.
Dallku

Redijupison wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:05 pm

Mitaj was sold for nearly as much as the whole great Ballkani team is worth :rrokullisem: :rrokullisem:
Redijupison

Dallku wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:12 pm
Redijupison wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:05 pm

Mitaj was sold for nearly as much as the whole great Ballkani team is worth :rrokullisem: :rrokullisem:
Proof that you have to overpay for greek products. This Mitaj kid might never even reach Ardian Ismajli's level, lol
artan

Dallku wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:08 pm
artan wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:19 pm Aren't Zhegrova and Rashica products of Kosovo? They also Muja who transferred this summer to the currently top placed Belgium side.

If you add Zhegrova and Rashica then might as well bring up Hysaj, Cekici, Muci, Cokaj, etc...

League doesn't mean shit when it comes to producing players. Cypriot league is and will always be 20x better than the Kosovar league and they don't produce anything for their NT.

With this new Conference League there are a lot of village teams that are having success. It's literally made for villages and amateurs to play against each other and compete in Europe. So Ballkani beat some Faroe Islands team to qualify and now they treat a mediocre team like Sivasspor like they are playing against prime Barcelona. Big whoop..

Albanian league rejects like Gripshi and Stivi Frasheri are stand outs there... That should tell you everything right there.

Kosovo is 100% depended on their diaspora. People pretending like they have some culture/tradition like their Slavic neighbors when it comes to producing players are deluded.
If the conference league is so easy to qualify then why have Tirana and Teuta been constantly stomped in qualification? Just think about it, the best teams in Albania are getting embarrassed by teams from Luxembourg and Andorra which further proves my point.

The Kosovar league isn’t anything special right now and it hasn’t produced much players yet probably on par or produced more than Albania but the difference is negligible. But if you take in consideration that Kosovar teams have been only allowed to compete since 2016 and only recently have had 4 teams eligible for European qualification the future looks brighter than Albania.

With increased European spots and teams like Ballkani qualifying means increased revenue and interest for clubs and the league. Whereas in the past, players from Kosovo would have to sign in Albania or make they were abroad to get noticed they now have a initial starting point. I already see certain players from Ballkani looking like potential NT players whereas I never got the impression of that on any of these Superliga teams. In a few years, maybe another Kosovo club takes the jump and you may just have a real competitive league.

This is also good for Albanian players as well because Kosovar teams will be eager to sign players from Albania. Whereas, a young player from Tirana may rot on the bench because the Club has to play the owners son (cough Halili) he may be able to sign in Kosovo increasing his opportunities.
These users thanked the author artan for the post:
CanaYouDoIt
  • Information