Albanian Teams on Europe 2022-23

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

CanaYouDoIt

Jari wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:10 pm Not exactly, Olympiakos have a much higher transfermarkt value than Maccabi and take part in CL or EL's group stage every year. Maccabi have acheived that only a few times in their history.

And yes if an Albanian team knocked out a Greek one it would be a huge upset, if you are talking about club level and not the NT one, basically Albanian team knocking any team out from let's say top 30 leagues in Europe would be a fluke.
The point is Olympiacos arent exactly a big team, they haven't made even the EL last couple years and normally are the whipping boys of the group. I did confuse them with the other Maccabi side but still they are much closer in quality than the international teams like us and France like I said. So you cant use it as an example of "Play tall guys and win"

I'm talking about the national team, Albania and Greece are close. I'd even argue we have more talent, we just have a crap coach/FA.
Dallku

Maccabi was superior to Olympiakos in both legs. Oly were slight favorites because they are the more known club and have better players on paper but their problem is that they have 0 chemistry. And they play with a lot of pressure because their fans are crazy. Similar to Turkish clubs. Fenerbache were favorites and stronger on paper than Dynamo Kiev but they got eliminated at home yesterday.

Btw these Israeli clubs are no joke. They are very competitive in Europe.

They prioritize pace and technique like their NT.
MercedesBenz240
Team: Bistrica

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:22 pm
Jari wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:10 pm Not exactly, Olympiakos have a much higher transfermarkt value than Maccabi and take part in CL or EL's group stage every year. Maccabi have acheived that only a few times in their history.

And yes if an Albanian team knocked out a Greek one it would be a huge upset, if you are talking about club level and not the NT one, basically Albanian team knocking any team out from let's say top 30 leagues in Europe would be a fluke.
The point is Olympiacos arent exactly a big team, they haven't made even the EL last couple years and normally are the whipping boys of the group. I did confuse them with the other Maccabi side but still they are much closer in quality than the international teams like us and France like I said. So you cant use it as an example of "Play tall guys and win"

I'm talking about the national team, Albania and Greece are close. I'd even argue we have more talent, we just have a crap coach/FA.
Olympiacos have reached EL knockouts 4 years in a row from 2018 to 2022, including beating a team from allegedly the best league in the world.
Princ

MercedesBenz240 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:19 pm Olympiacos have reached EL knockouts 4 years in a row from 2018 to 2022, including beating a team from allegedly the best league in the world.
Forget the accomplishments..

If you are a Greek or a Serb, you get underrated immediately on here.
CanaYouDoIt

MercedesBenz240 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:19 pm
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:22 pm

Olympiacos have reached EL knockouts 4 years in a row from 2018 to 2022, including beating a team from allegedly the best league in the world.
Theres no "alledged" about it , it is the best league in the world.
CanaYouDoIt

Princ wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:01 pm
MercedesBenz240 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:19 pm Olympiacos have reached EL knockouts 4 years in a row from 2018 to 2022, including beating a team from allegedly the best league in the world.
Forget the accomplishments..

If you are a Greek or a Serb, you get underrated immediately on here.
Sorry as a Serb are we hurting your feelings ?
Dallku

Unfortunate for Vllaznia. They lasted 150 minutes against this Romanian team and that's actually impressive because the quality difference is gigantic. The fact that Laci eliminated them last season is remarkable but Laci also had a pretty solid team, much better than Vllaznia.
Princ

Dallku wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:51 pm Unfortunate for Vllaznia. They lasted 150 minutes against this Romanian team and that's actually impressive because the quality difference is gigantic. The fact that Laci eliminated them last season is remarkable but Laci also had a pretty solid team, much better than Vllaznia.
Romanian football is at an all time low..

Champion Cluj eliminated by Pyunik, FCSB got beat by Saburtalo, NT smoked 0-3 by Montenegro, all in the last month or so.
Dallku

Mazrekaj, a technical dribbler is putting Laci on his back again. He has lost some pace he used to have but the class is still there.

He has been the best Albanian leaguer for years because his game translates better in European qualifiers. Much better than players like Seferi and Xhixha imo.
Dallku

Princ wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:54 pm

Romanian football is at an all time low..

Champion Cluj eliminated by Pyunik, FCSB got beat by Saburtalo, NT smoked 0-3 by Montenegro, all in the last month or so.
Maybe they underperform recently but they still invest a hell lot for their clubs and they take their football very seriously.
  • Information