Nations League : Israel vs Albania, 20:45 CET

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Israel vs Albania, Sep 24, 20:45 CET

@ Israel, Bloomfield Stadium
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

We don't have many options in forward and defense because of a range of injuries and also players who are doing bad at club level not being called up. Injured are Kumbulla, Djimsiti, Roshi, Manaj who all couldn't be called up, whilst Balaj, Vrioni, Cokaj, Muci were not called up due to technical choices.

Furthermore, the regular players we do have with us don't have a good situation at club level..

Bajrami, Bare, Asllani and Broja have hardly a couple starts between them all in total, Hysaj is not a starter either, Cika is in Saudi Arabia and hasn't scored a goal etc. Probably the only players who are in great form are Uzuni who has 6 goals in 6 games for Granada, and Ramadani who has played 100% of mins for Aberdeen and playing very well apparently. Honourable mention to Cekici who scored a great goal the other day (is he actually with the team or not??) and Abrashi who is starting with Grasshoppers.

In these circumstances it would look like we are surely heading for a disappointing game but this team often seems to pull out good results with low pressure/no expectations, so there is some hope there.

With the minutes played and form considered, I would probably line up like this for Israel :

Uzuni-Cika-Broja
Ramadani-Asllani-Abrashi
Hysaj-Ismajli-Gjasula-Balliu
Strakosha
Dallku

It's definitely not a good moment for Albanian players. What everyone is overlooking is that both goalkeepers get 0 minutes too.

Qazim started a few games and then got dropped again. Last game he didn't even come off the bench in their first win of the season. He was a world beater last season but reality is different when you face stronger, faster and smarter players. This is why levels matter.

Players in form: Ismajli, Balliu, Hysaj(started the last 2 games and playing well).

Players you can't fault for not playing: Broja, Asllani

Players potentially in good form: Mihaj?

Disappointments: Both goalkeepers, Laci, N.Bajrami.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

I would start Kastrati. He’s a starter in Serie B and he’s been ok. Eventually would start Berisha but def not Strakosha.

In defense i would lineup Adrian Bajrami or Mihaj ahead of Ajeti.

A must Asllani and Broja then the rest in midfield and up are interchangeable…
artan

Bajrami-broja-uzuini
Hysaj-bare-Asllani-Hysaj
-mihaj-ismajli-veseli
——-Strakosha?

That would be my lineup. Ideally we’d switch to a 4-3-3 and replace one of the center backs for someone like Abrashi in the midfield but there’s no chance someone like Reja does that switch. Plus it would suit us better because someone like Hysaj is not a wingback.

If we’re gonna continue with a back three where going to have to find a way to get some pace and width in the lineup.

Also disappointing to see no new players poached. They knew they were going to have injury issues and the best they could do is call up Ajeti?
Princ

Asllani has not played even single half of football this season.

Deer in headlights last time out in Tirana. It is hard to make a case for starting him in a big matchup on the road here. I would go with a more experienced player like Laci (205 minutes played this season) in that spot.

Every shot on target against Berisha is a goal. Time to let another GK get a try there. I am fine with both Strakosha or Kastrati getting a chance..
artan

Princ wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:11 pm Asllani has not played even single half of football this season.

Deer in headlights last time out in Tirana. It is hard to make a case for starting him in a big matchup on the road here. I would go with a more experienced player like Laci (205 minutes played this season) in that spot.

Every shot on target against Berisha is a goal. Time to let another GK get a try there. I am fine with both Strakosha or Kastrati getting a chance..
Laci is a headless chicken. He’s only effective in a pressing intensive system. When he has to think or in possession he’s not good. Against Israel and Iceland we will have some time on the ball and we will need some composed players that have some technical quality.

I do think someone like Abrashi deserves to start even if he’s not the most technical due to how good he’s been with the NT and it seems unfair to drop him.
Princ

artan wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:28 pm Laci is a headless chicken. He’s only effective in a pressing intensive system. When he has to think or in possession he’s not good. Against Israel and Iceland we will have some time on the ball and we will need some composed players that have some technical quality.

I do think someone like Abrashi deserves to start even if he’s not the most technical due to how good he’s been with the NT and it seems unfair to drop him.
Albania needs relentless defenders at Israel, the favourite who is playing at home and dangerous in attack. Laci was part of a team that conceded only 19 goals in 38 games 2021-22. In his last start for Albania, he was terrific while holding mighty Spain scoreless 75 minutes in Barcelona.

Impossible to make a case for Asllani to start here..
Dallku

https://www.supersport.al/ndryshime-ne- ... -te-rejes/

Albania in shambles. Keidi out and possibly Uzuni too. Muci might be injured as well.

Their replacement:

Arbnor Mucolli: Benchwarmer in 2nd division Denmark....!!! Wow...

Eljon Toci: Primavera player aka worse than Serie D and C. Looks like a ghost for Albania u21.

Cokaj: Don't mind now that he signed for a professional club.
Princ

Dallku wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:08 pm Cokaj: Don't mind now that he signed for a professional club.
Cokaj turns from amateur to professional overnight according to you..?
  • Information