Albanian Youth Football

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Plako
Team: Partizani

Dallku wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:18 pm This game would've ended 0-0 if Muci didn't play. His individual talent won the game but this u21 group is definitely finishing below Kosovo and Slovenia.

Take out Muci, Celhaka and Asllani. The rest are absolute amateurs. Most of them will be working in construction soon.
That's applicable for most teams if you take their 3 best players :)

Take out Lewa from Pland adn they're Hungary's level or worse.
artan

Dallku wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:15 pm
artan wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:48 pm Kinda expected more from Celhaka and Asllani and it seems like both play the same position
Celhaka is more in the Gjasula/Kukeli mold. He's pretty good at making the safe pass and rarely misplaces passes. Decent composure.

Asllani is more like Bare.
I agree about Celhaka and you can tell Celhaka has a decent reading defensively. Offensively, he probably doesn't have much more potential than making the short simple pass which may make him limited as a player. As for Asllani, I thought that too but it seemed like he was sitting back deep offensively and him and Celhaka were occupying the same position offensively in the first half. Asllani started to get more forward in the second half and started to create more when we started to get comfortable. Asllani seems taller/stronger than I thought he was and he may have potential to play as a holding midfielder as well.

It's just hard to gauge these guys offensively for the youth team when the lineups/strategy changes often and a few of these guys are probably going to be out of football soon.

My take on the players:

I think Mitaj, Muci, Asllani are the best three right now for the u21. Muci and Mitaj are quality and probably good enough to start for the NT right now (it's best they get more PT with the u21 for now). Asllani also looks like a professional.

Ismalgjeci (not playing today) and Celhaka both have potential with the NT as well. Karrica and Marku looked okay as well. Marku is really fast but the footballing IQ isn't there and I'm not sure what Karrica is good at but he seems to do alot of things decent.

I always thought Selmani has potential to be more than just a Superliga player since he has the physical tools but I also wouldn't be surprised if he has a long career in the Superliga and never progresses. Pellumbi, Ndreca and Dobra don't have any potential even if Ndreca assisted and Dobra scored.

This is probably one of the best u21 teams we've had in a long time.
These users thanked the author artan for the post:
Simboli i Diellit
Skenderbeu9

Muci Celhaka and Mitaj should be called up at the A team they are better than Manaj Ramadani Trashi
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

Kuqaloshi maoist
CanaYouDoIt

I doubt we will see the Vatas play for Albania. Just too much bad blood there . Doesn’t know Albanian or probably care either.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:32 am I doubt we will see the Vatas play for Albania. Just too much bad blood there . Doesn’t know Albanian or probably care either.
That’s what happens when you marry a foreign woman :zgerdhimje:

I pity Vata somehow, while he continues to give opinions as a football expert and could become one day the head of FSHF his son will be playing for another nation. :lol:
CanaYouDoIt

The disdain he has for Albania is admirable, yeah bro we know how corrupt it is , you don’t then turn your back on the country while pretending you have love for it when you’re not bothered to teach your sons your culture .
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

The Slovenia match could be forfeited to them 3:0 because Muci gave the captain armband to Pellumbi. It’s against the rules to change the captain during the game if he started and continues to play.
CanaYouDoIt

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:13 am The Slovenia match could be forfeited to them 3:0 because Muci gave the captain armband to Pellumbi. It’s against the rules to change the captain during the game if he started and continues to play.
That would be the most stupid thing ever . Where’s the advantage in that ?
engineer123

Albania U17 National Team lost their first group match against Italy U17 5-0.
Next two games should be a bit easier (Northern Ireland and Scotland), but there was no stand out player to hope for in the future.
  • Information