CAS Reverses Serbia-Albania Loss

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Plako
Team: Partizani

Shpati wrote:My sources were true. I wasn't trying to do an April's Fools joke. I'm not built that way.

Anyway, I wish they kept the decision the same. Free 3 points is going to change the mentality of the team. We lost the eye of the tiger.
I agree, it's all downhill from here. We did the same thing last time. Gonna lose big to Denmark.
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

Dragoi wrote:Livescore websites already changed the results , guessing if that will affect Fifa Cocacola ranking:

Of course it will affect Fifa rankings, if CAS would given verdict before, Serbia would been in POT 4.
Kuqaloshi maoist
Plako

Dragoi wrote:Livescore websites already changed the results , guessing if that will affect Fifa Cocacola ranking:

Oh man, had we not conceded that late goal vs. Denmark at home we'd have been through now.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

svfvwgnlw6Q
IndritFieri
FK Apollonia
Kuq & Zi
Italy

ZenMaster wrote:

Of course it will affect Fifa rankings, if CAS would given verdict before, Serbia would been in POT 4.
You guys realize that with 3 more points we most likely will be the best ranked third team even if we finish third and qualify directly.
andi2410

IndritFieri wrote:
ZenMaster wrote:

You guys realize that with 3 more points we most likely will be the best ranked third team even if we finish third and qualify directly.
Doubtful. I expect Hollanda to pick up minimum 6-7 points from their last 3 games with a much better goal differential than us. We need 6. If we get 6 points I think it's almost a done deal.
Plako

andi2410 wrote:Doubtful. I expect Hollanda to pick up minimum 6-7 points from their last 3 games with a much better goal differential than us. We need 6. If we get 6 points I think it's almost a done deal.
Well they play Iceland & Cech Republic at home and Turkey away. All three teams are fighting tooth and nails for qualifying so it's not gonna be that easy for the Dutch. Our fate is still in our hands though, beat Serbia at home and draw Armenia away and we're through. Judging by that home game vs. Armenia we can definitely beat them away playing Gani Abazi bunkerball.

I'm more worried about Hungary.
Simboli i Diellit

UEFA's media PR office stated that they will adapt to CAS decision once they receive the confirm by them they'll also change the ranking table :

(ANSA) - GINEVRA, 10 LUG - L'Uefa "si adeguerà alla decisione del Tas" sulla gara Serbia-Albania. Questo quanto dichiarato oggi all'ANSA l'ufficio stampa della confederazione continentale. L'Uefa non modificherà tuttavia immediatamente la classifica del girone I. "Abbiamo preso atto della decisione del Tas, di cui siamo stati informati oggi. Ne attendiamo conferma e la esamineremo con la massima attenzione prima di effettuare cambiamenti alla classifica del girone", ha aggiunto il servizio stampa.
artan

Remember that each other group will have to deduct the points they've earned from the last place finisher in their respective groups. So as of now, compared with us Netherlands have 7 points on 5 matches played as the 3 points they've earned from Kazakhstan(last place) won't count in comparison with us. Not to mention we still have a game in hand as well. The max points the Dutch can get is 16(excluding the Kazakhstan points). I don't see them maxing out 12-14 is probably more accuracte.

Or atleast that's how I think it works. we just need to keep on grinding those points. Focus on winning the Armenia match and get whatever points possible in the rest.
Plako

artan wrote:Remember that each other group will have to deduct the points they've earned from the last place finisher in their respective groups. So as of now, compared with us Netherlands have 7 points on 5 matches played as the 3 points they've earned from Kazakhstan(last place) won't count in comparison with us. Not to mention we still have a game in hand as well. The max points the Dutch can get is 16(excluding the Kazakhstan points). I don't see them maxing out 12-14 is probably more accuracte.

Or atleast that's how I think it works. we just need to keep on grinding those points. Focus on winning the Armenia match and get whatever points possible in the rest.
We are tied with Hungary on points at the moment for the best third ranked team. Qualification is ours to lose at this point.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2016_qualifying
  • Information