Nations League 2020-2021

Everything about Albanian Superliga. Technical discussions, teams, jerseys, curiosities, fans, ultras organizations ...

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:06 am
RedFootballs wrote:
Anybody know what happened to Mala for Partizani, was on NT radar now doesn't play for u21
Mala picked an injury in january and was sent to Partizani B because he wanted to sign for a Turkish club thus he hasn’t played games since i think...
I don't know where you have read this but this story isn't true. Problems between Partizani and Mala started after the player signed with dutch agency SEG. Partizani offered Mala extension of contract on November because they were planning to sell in January or June but the player rejected renewal without any logical explanation. After such refusals club decided to sell the player on January to highest bid but still the player wasn't convinced to even negotiate to any of those clubs. It was speculated Willem II would offer a contract but only when he becomes free agent. In such hopeless situation Gazment Demi took extreme measures and ordered staff to send him to train with B squad but without the possibility of activation. After months without playing, Mala decided to make step back and apologise to club. Club accepted to promote him to senior squad and make available for Sormani while player agreed that won't leave club without compensation.
Kuqaloshi maoist
artan

Dallku wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:09 pm
artan wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:10 am I can see guys like Mersinaj, Cokaj, Muci, Tuci and Selmani making moves to bigger leagues.

So basically we don't need the Kosovar diaspora?
My philosophy is we should call up the best players available whether they're domestic, diaspora or from Kosovo/Macedonia. Shouldn't be controversial lol.
ZenMaster

artan wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:18 pm
artan wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:10 am I can see guys like Mersinaj, Cokaj, Muci, Tuci and Selmani making moves to bigger leagues.

My philosophy is we should call up the best players available whether they're domestic, diaspora or from Kosovo/Macedonia. Shouldn't be controversial lol.
I think we should follow serbian model when it comes to youth teams. Serb from diaspora has chance to play before local players only if the difference in quality is very obvious and foreign club really counts on his talent. I agree we should not close door to anyone but the project of youth nt teams should be mainly focused on the domestic product.
Kuqaloshi maoist
Dallku

ZenMaster wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:51 pm

I think we should follow serbian model when it comes to youth teams. Serb from diaspora has chance to play before local players only if the difference in quality is very obvious and foreign club really counts on his talent. I agree we should not close door to anyone but the project of youth nt teams should be mainly focused on the domestic product.

Agreed.

Obviously players of Shaqiri an G.Xhaka level cannot be refused but Albania is not the first option of these players and do we really need the lower level (Lenjanis, Gashis, and even Abrashis) anymore?? These players are not head and shoulders above what's already there. And when people are overhyping these diaspora players it's mostly these lower level ones.
artan

Dallku wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:01 pm
ZenMaster wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:51 pm

Agreed.

Obviously players of Shaqiri an G.Xhaka level cannot be refused but Albania is not the first option of these players and do we really need the lower level (Lenjanis, Gashis, and even Abrashis) anymore?? These players are not head and shoulders above what's already there. And when people are overhyping these diaspora players it's mostly these lower level ones.
Again with out the diaspora players we don't qualify for the Euros. And some of those diaspora players from GDB's core (Abrashi, Lenjani, Gym) are still quality players. Some of those matches in qualifying the lineup had 10/11 Kosovar diaspora players..

I just don't understand why anyone would dillebrately have a worst team. For the Senior NT pick the best players available and that's it. Youth teams are different story like what ZenMaster stated. The only time where we shouldn't consider a diaspora player is if they aren't committed to the NT. I also know you're gonna call them all mercenaries but those mercenaries where usually the hardest working players on the team and had professionalism on the field.
Dallku

artan wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:08 pm

Again with out the diaspora players we don't qualify for the Euros. And some of those diaspora players from GDB's core (Abrashi, Lenjani, Gym) are still quality players. Some of those matches in qualifying the lineup had 10/11 Kosovar diaspora players..

I just don't understand why anyone would dillebrately have a worst team. For the Senior NT pick the best players available and that's it. Youth teams are different story like what ZenMaster stated. The only time where we shouldn't consider a diaspora player is if they aren't committed to the NT. I also know you're gonna call them all mercenaries but those mercenaries where usually the hardest working players on the team and had professionalism on the field.

Let's keep in mind that during that time Albania had a very dry spell when it comes to producing players. We actually needed an Abrashi or a Lenjani because we were starving for players but not necessarily because that Kosovar diaspora was any special. They were hard-working blue collar players with no talent but disciplined and hard nosed.

Now it seems like Albania is producing more and more of these level of players and its diaspora is waking up. Now someone like Abrashi is no better than a Cokaj and someone like Lenjani is no better than several superliga players even.. that's why the dynamics change. Now is there a need for 2nd/3rd rate mercenaries?? No.
artan

Dallku wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:41 pm

Let's keep in mind that during that time Albania had a very dry spell when it comes to producing players. We actually needed an Abrashi or a Lenjani because we were starving for players but not necessarily because that Kosovar diaspora was any special. They were hard-working blue collar players with no talent but disciplined and hard nosed.

Now it seems like Albania is producing more and more of these level of players and its diaspora is waking up. Now someone like Abrashi is no better than a Cokaj and someone like Lenjani is no better than several superliga players even.. that's why the dynamics change. Now is there a need for 2nd/3rd rate mercenaries?? No.
You were calling guys like Cokaj and Kallaku shit a few weeks ago now all of a sudden you're high on them?

I've been high on Cokaj for quite a while now but you can't look at me with a straight face that he's better than Abrashi. If he ever landed at a team like Freiburg during his career and was a starter for them we'd be hyping Cokaj up and talking about him for generations because it's just so uncommon for our domestic players to transfer to a big league.

We all tend to hype up our youth players who show an ounce of potential because we all wanna believe they can "save" us. I know I personally did this with Cikaleshi, Balaj, Gavazaj, etc, years back because they stood out over the rest of our youth players at the time. Point is we gotta give these guys time because chances are there may just be like Balaj and in a few years we're gonna be hyping the next youth player. That being said I see more promise in our U21 then in years past mainly because of the Croatian boys who performed well last year and going by the history of that team/league they will be sold eventually. I also think the U21 strikers are better than our Senior strikers not because they're so talented because our Senior strikers are just awful.

And Lenajni has probably our best LWB we have and still put in decent performances. He just gets overlooked because he's a swiss villager or else the media will suck him off like they did to Agoli. Lenjani was probably our most technical player during 2014 - 2016. And no superliga players are better than him. A guy like Abazaj who tore up the Superliga wouldn't even be a Swiss League player.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

ZenMaster wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:17 pm I don't know where you have read this but this story isn't true.
January was the last i heard about him . After Sormali left i saw he played few games under Kalari. Actually was more curious about Jurgen Bardhi the Partizanin Phenomenon who got lost. So many expectations on him.
ZenMaster

Dallku wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:41 pm

I think you have valid point, players who become part of Albania they joined because of their personal interest more than anything else. They used Kombetarja as leverage for career development and they joined only after their chances with "native" NT was totally vanished. Even Lorik Cana has refused U21 and said that accepts only senior calls. We have Ajeti family who were equipped with albanian passports, we did all kind of favors to Arlind and his brother Albian still choose Switzerland. Fiorin Durmishaj was been even worse example, he literally used us to get attention of his favorite national team. It's better we lose 6-0 and we give opportunity to a youngster from Gramsh, Pukë, Cerrik than lose 4-0 with Swiss,Italy and Greece rejects who joined our youth teams just because they are not enough to play for their first choice.
Kuqaloshi maoist
Princ

Even the second and third rate diaspora players have proven to be far superior than those produced in the Superliga over the last few years. Time will tell if our domestic products have improved but one cannot start making comparisons with Cokaj and Abrashi after simply watching some Albania u21 game against Andorra.

Back in his day, Abrashi was a part of the Swiss u21 that came runners up to Spain in the u21 European championship.. we should pump the brakes on the hype of this current generation as it’s probable even the standouts end up as absolute scrubs.
  • Information