Nations League 2020-2021

Everything about Albanian Superliga. Technical discussions, teams, jerseys, curiosities, fans, ultras organizations ...

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Genti
Team: Albania & Tirona

Id call up Kallaku right now over what we have in midfield. Our midfield is probably worse than our attack where we can't even break down a terrible team like Lithuania or place a few good passes together. I'm tired of fielding all defensive mids or amateur players there. I wish we still had Xhaka at least to offer something there.
Klejdi1023

Genti wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:26 pm Id call up Kallaku right now over what we have in midfield. Our midfield is probably worse than our attack where we can't even break down a terrible team like Lithuania or place a few good passes together. I'm tired of fielding all defensive mids or amateur players there. I wish we still had Xhaka at least to offer something there.
I feel the same. Right now, only Bare and Gjasula have earned their spots. If Kallaku plays well in midfield, this trio would balance each other out well defensively and offensively. They could probably play together against all teams, except for powerhouses when we need to go more defensive. Also it's clear the 3-5-2 won't work. Even 3-4-3 is not good for us. We need 3 cm's or else we will be overrun in cm.

I like 4-3-3, it really is the best formation in the modern era and works best for us. If Broja turns out to be as great as we hope, we need just 1 striker up top. All the other ones are scrubs compared to him (again, if he lives up to potential)

----------Strakosha

Hysaj Kumbulla Gymcity Balliu (until we find a worthy lb)

---------Gjasula

Roshi Bare Kallaku Uzuni (Grezda)

---------Broja
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Dallku wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:21 pm Bushi does overhype players :rrokullisem: https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/ ... ban-bushi/

He pretty much does it to everyone who has a positive performance with the u21.

Kallaku looks good.. no doubt... but he's not a guarantee. His position(traditional #10 who are extinct in today's game) is tricky....so is his work ethic and physique. That Croatian league and team are suspect too. I had huge hope for Cekici and I believe if he stayed in Albania he would've had more success than going to Croatia.

Kallaku is the type of player I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in a top league OR surprised if he signs for FK Lushnja in a few years.
At his worst, Kallaku is going to be a 6 foot tall Kace, which is actually pretty good. Kace could have easily played at a bottom Serie A team, if he had the physicality.

I actually feel bad for players like him, because it's quite clear this dude can play at a high pace given his first touch and spatial awareness, but you will never notice that kind of talent when the leagues he plays in are dog shit. It's like fielding a world class defender against San Marino. You're not gonna notice that someone is a great defender if the opposition is crap.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Dallku

Klejdi1023 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:42 pm

----------Strakosha

Hysaj Kumbulla Gymcity Balliu (until we find a worthy lb)

---------Gjasula

Roshi Bare Kallaku Uzuni (Grezda)

---------Broja

that's probably the best team Albania can field

Djimisiti will fight with Ismajli/Dermaku for that spot

Broja with Kamberi (and potentially Cikalleshi if he plays at his club)

Midfielders can rotate based on the opponent.

That LB situation is bad though and Balliu might be an amateur.
Princ

Do you honestly believe a midfield of Gjasula, Bare and Kallaku is strong? Do you believe it gives us any advantage over the opponent?

With those players running the midfield, it sounds like we lost before the match even began.
Klejdi1023

Princ wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:52 am Do you honestly believe a midfield of Gjasula, Bare and Kallaku is strong? Do you believe it gives us any advantage over the opponent?

With those players running the midfield, it sounds like we lost before the match even began.
Right now, only Gjasula and Bare have earned their spots in cm. Of course Kallaku is hypothetical at this point, but he does have potential. All the other cm’s are scrubs/unproven imo. I do believe we should test this midfield together and see if it works bc we don’t have better ones.
Princ

Klejdi1023 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:02 am Right now, only Gjasula and Bare have earned their spots in cm. Of course Kallaku is hypothetical at this point, but he does have potential. All the other cm’s are scrubs/unproven imo. I do believe we should test this midfield together and see if it works bc we don’t have better ones.
Gjasula and Bare earned their spots.. on what planet? Kallaku is another unproven player who was involved in 2-2 draw against Andorra recently with the u21. I agree with you that the group of midfielders are a bunch of scrubs and unproven players but when do the experiments stop?

We need to take all advantages available to us and I see none in this current lineup. There is no height advantage, there is no technical advantage, the defense will be rubbish as always.. it is a recipe for disaster. We need to convert a proven player in Djimsiti to a CDM and Ismajli to a fullback to take a size advantage over the opponent. We should then supplement all of this by adding pace on the wings through Roshi and Uzuni, thereby creating an identity as a big, strong defensive team that is dangerous on counters as well as on set peices.
Klejdi1023

Princ wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:11 am
Klejdi1023 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:02 am Right now, only Gjasula and Bare have earned their spots in cm. Of course Kallaku is hypothetical at this point, but he does have potential. All the other cm’s are scrubs/unproven imo. I do believe we should test this midfield together and see if it works bc we don’t have better ones.
Gjasula and Bare earned their spots.. on what planet? Kallaku is another unproven player who was involved in 2-2 draw against Andorra recently with the u21. I agree with you that the group of midfielders are a bunch of scrubs and unproven players but when do the experiments stop?

We need to take all advantages available to us and I see none in this current lineup. There is no height advantage, there is no technical advantage, the defense will be rubbish as always.. it is a recipe for disaster. We need to convert a proven player in Djimsiti to a CDM and Ismajli to a fullback to take a size advantage over the opponent. We should then supplement all of this by adding pace on the wings through Roshi and Uzuni, thereby creating an identity as a big, strong defensive team that is dangerous on counters as well as on set peices.
Gjasula and Bare are the only ones who have started almost every game since they came to the NT... even benching the old guard Xhaka, Abrashi,etc, so yea they have earned their spots. Now either we find a good technical cm OR if we don't, maybe we can try one of the center backs as a DM and push Gjasula and Bare up top.
Princ

Klejdi1023 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:26 am Gjasula and Bare are the only ones who have started almost every game since they came to the NT... even benching the old guard Xhaka, Abrashi,etc, so yea they have earned their spots. Now either we find a good technical cm OR if we don't, maybe we can try one of the center backs as a DM and push Gjasula and Bare up top.
The only player who has “earned” his spot is Abrashi.. I believe it’s dangerous when we start awarding permanent spots to scrubs like Bare and Gjasula who only know losing. Klaus is bit more useful in my scheme due to his size but he has been terrible nonetheless.

Where has this theory that Bare and Gjasula benched Xhaka and Abrashi even come from? The reality is that Abrashi is still a no doubt starter for us and Xhaka left the NT on his own.
Klejdi1023

Princ wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:32 am
Klejdi1023 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:26 am Gjasula and Bare are the only ones who have started almost every game since they came to the NT... even benching the old guard Xhaka, Abrashi,etc, so yea they have earned their spots. Now either we find a good technical cm OR if we don't, maybe we can try one of the center backs as a DM and push Gjasula and Bare up top.
The only player who has “earned” his spot is Abrashi.. I believe it’s dangerous when we start awarding permanent spots to scrubs like Bare and Gjasula who only know losing. Klaus is bit more useful in my scheme due to his size but he has been terrible nonetheless.

Where has this theory that Bare and Gjasula benched Xhaka and Abrashi even come from? The reality is that Abrashi is still a no doubt starter for us and Xhaka left the NT on his own.
All of our CM's are scrubs, no question about that but right now only Bare and Gjasula are playing decent to start. Gjasula actually has been playing very well, except for the last game v. Lithuania. I think he's as close to a Kukeli as we will find right now. I think Abrashi is just a pitbull, we need a third cm who has more finesse and technique. Then let Abrashi and Bare fight for that other spot, can't have both playing together, unless its against a top team. Xhaka is still part of the NT, but has been out due to injuries.
  • Information