The road to World Cup Qatar 2022

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Dallku

It's a tough group but I also don't think it will be a cake walk for these other teams to beat Albania (well except vs England in London where Albania will naturally bend over) but besides that match every other one should be a close dog fight.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

They are unbeaten since 2009 (picture is few years old) but they’ve drawn some...
artan

Dallku wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:26 pm It's a tough group but I also don't think it will be a cake walk for these other teams to beat Albania (well except vs England in London where Albania will naturally bend over) but besides that match every other one should be a close dog fight.
We've been saying that in every qualification group since 2016 haven't we? The reality is in the past few years the best team we've beaten is Iceland and Israel.
Dallku

artan wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:10 pm
Dallku wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:26 pm It's a tough group but I also don't think it will be a cake walk for these other teams to beat Albania (well except vs England in London where Albania will naturally bend over) but besides that match every other one should be a close dog fight.
We've been saying that in every qualification group since 2016 haven't we? The reality is in the past few years the best team we've beaten is Iceland and Israel.

Well it’s not like we have been getting blown out. Albania may lose games but they are still close games and dog fights for the most part.

The way the reactions are for this group you’d think that Poland and Hungary will be raping us 6-0 home and away. Let’s calm down.

Also the comments by Reja are lame. They need to chill with this inferior mentality. Weaker teams finish ahead of better ones(on paper) literally all the time... in every league and competition in the world.
MercedesBenz240
Team: Bistrica

No surprise there just as usual. This is bad but last WC qualifiers were even worse. When you see some of the other groups, you really realize what a nasty group we got, probably the worst we could get from our pot.

But on the other hand i cant wait for Poland-Albania and would also love a trip to Budapest as well. Just hoping that these matches will be in the end of our campaign and fans will be allowed
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

We have already failed. You don't go into a multi game campaign already crying about your group, you go into it as ready as possible to fight. Reja's comments signalling defeat already
These users thanked the author RedFootballs for the post:
Simboli i Diellit
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

artan wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:10 pm
Lithuania,Cyprus,Armenia, Azerbeijcan from POT5 and Malta or Moldova from POT6 would been GAME OVER for our playoff spot chances and probably for Hungary also. Hungarians have similar problem with us they overperform when they are underdogs and but they really struggle against worse teams in paper so Andorra and San Marino could be "gamechanger" for their chances also. For the likes of England and Poland it doesn't make any difference if it's Andorra or Cyprus or it's San Marino or Moldova, they definitively have enough attacking talent to win those matches quite comfortable. Schedule will have massive importance also in this group but if Albania can do homework get 12 points from Andorra and San Marino, playoff spot won't be pipedream especially if England manages to beat Poland and Hungary in both matches.
Kuqaloshi maoist
MercedesBenz240
Team: Bistrica

I dont know, they re trying to come out as realistic and with ''feet on the ground'' or what. From FSHF's website : ''Duka: Grup i vështirë, bëhemi gati për Euro 2024!''. Terrible mentality, like can we just skip this already, we're worthless. And for Euro 2024 we end up with France, Turkey and Iceland on our group and screw up in Nations League, then we start getting ready for Euro 2028.
ZenMaster wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:14 pm Lithuania,Cyprus,Armenia, Azerbeijcan from POT5 and Malta or Moldova from POT6 would been GAME OVER for our playoff spot chances and probably for Hungary also
This is a great point. While we were super unlucky with the 3 first pots, at least we get the weakest possible teams from the lower pots. We should be able to get 12 points without struggling and worrying too much. Getting anything like Armenia or Malta would complicate things much more
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

RedFootballs wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:54 pm We have already failed. You don't go into a multi game campaign already crying about your group, you go into it as ready as possible to fight. Reja's comments signalling defeat already
He was stating Euro 2024 lol
Seriously this is the case not to renew his contract and get some Albanian coach that costs less and knows the players better.
These users thanked the author Simboli i Diellit for the post:
RedFootballs
Dallku

Duka and Reja with the most pathetic loser comments of the century. We know Duka always had an inferior mentality but this is disappointing from Reja because of his experience.

What competitor goes into a competition saying "I'm doomed"?? Only in Albania does this happen.

Even De Biasi said that Azerbaijan has chances after the draw but I bet if DB was still Albania coach he would say we have no chance and are fighting for 4th place. Sad..

Every team is looking to fight while Albania is treating Poland like Pele's Brazil..
These users thanked the author Dallku for the post:
RedFootballs
  • Information