The road to World Cup Qatar 2022

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

artan

We're doomed because you essentially need to win the group to Qualify for the WC. It's not like the Euros were you can sneak in as a 3rd placed team.

It's incredibly stupid for Duka to say our goal is third place (lol) but I guess one can argue that they want them to catch teams off guard. Is this true? Of course not, Reja knows we stand no chance and he's not stupid. Our forward partnership is a Spanish third division player and a player who hasn't scored a league goal in 2 years. They know the impending 4 - 0 thrashing from England will happen. It's different from the Euro 2016 qualifying because atleast those guys were professionals playing for decent teams (even if some of them weren't starting) and DB hand picked a group of pitbulls. This current squad doesn't have that hunger.

I hope we get to play England in the first match and try to recreate that 2014 Portugal magic. Good thing for us is that our core already had the Corona virus so we should be full fitness. Or maybe catch them right after the Euros when they're just exhausted from all that club and national team play.
Princ

No comment on England.

Poland is worth over 300 million and has a lethal attack, complimented by a solid midfield. They will cut through us like a chainsaw through butter.

Hungary topped a Nations League group of Russia, Turkey, and Serbia, beating the latter two teams away. They are coming off a Euro qualification and are high on confidence.

Hard to imagine Albania putting up much of a fight against these teams when we barely made it past the likes of Belarus, Lithuania, and Kazakhstan.
Russell
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Hi my name is Russell Osborne and I am the host of the Three Lions Podcast (www.threelionspodcast.com), an independent England supporters podcast. I'm looking for someone to chat to about the England Albania games (just one person in English), perhaps the person who runs the Albanian football blog website? Who can tell us a little about Albania and all it's good things. Email me threelionspodcast@gmail.com. Thanks Russell
:D
Plako
Team: Partizani

Russell wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:49 pm Hi my name is Russell Osborne and I am the host of the Three Lions Podcast (www.threelionspodcast.com), an independent England supporters podcast. I'm looking for someone to chat to about the England Albania games (just one person in English), perhaps the person who runs the Albanian football blog website? Who can tell us a little about Albania and all it's good things. Email me threelionspodcast@gmail.com. Thanks Russell
:D
Hey Russell, welcome to our forum. I would definitely be up for it, but I would defer to a few other members here who follow our team closely and can discuss tactics if that's what you're looking for. In any event I'll shoot you an e-mail. Cheers mate!
MercedesBenz240
Team: Bistrica

Aaand the schedule is out. An interesting start with a home match against England and 2 away matches against San Marino and Andorra

https://fshf.org/sq/shqiperia-drejt-kat ... uqezinjve/
These users thanked the author MercedesBenz240 for the post:
ZenMaster
CanaYouDoIt

Very nice , a win against England which would be a huge surprise would probably put us on 9/9 points , thats what we need , a good solid start.
CanaYouDoIt

Glad the game in England is in November next year , want to go watch that so much , by then we should be back to normal
Plako
Team: Partizani

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:41 pm Glad the game in England is in November next year , want to go watch that so much , by then we should be back to normal
Was thinking the same. Went away to Kosovo match and it was an amazing experience. Definitely recommend.
MercedesBenz240
Team: Bistrica

Would be a dream to see an away match in England but visa is a nightmare. At least i got Poland and Hungary
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

f***. I hate these groups. You look at the last 2 and think you got it easy, and the first 2 f*** you over.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
  • Information