Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Princ

Broja is gaining confidence and starting to hit his groove.

Vitesse has some good players (Openda, Tannane) but none with this kind of potential.
CanaYouDoIt

Covid really didnt help , even though these guys are athletes it still takes a long time to get back to form especially considering they have to be in top shape. Glad he's back to form , just before our next games too.
CanaYouDoIt

Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:02 pm http://www.panorama.com.al/sport/e-bujs ... undeslige/

Uzuni in the Prem would be great.
He is scoring at a higher rate for his club than for Albania. Hopefully he keeps this working ethique.
Dallku

Uzuni has the work ethic, athletic and technical ability to play in a top 4 league but not sure if he has the footballing iq. At the top leagues decision making is the most important thing.

I think from Alb players Bare has all the qualities to play in a top league. Broja has the potential but can't think of anyone else. Hoping Bajrami is another one.
CanaYouDoIt

CanaYouDoIt

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:57 pm I'm assuming you mean midfielders and attackers since guys like Hysaj and Djimsiti have already been playing top level football for years now.

You got guys like Selahi on the fringes, he's playing in the Eredivse which is already better than 99% of other Albanian midfielders ever. I like Mucis skillset , lets see if his work ethic matches up with that, other guys I've seen in the u21 who have impressed but I don't think will reach Top 5 league level but decent players are guys like Dobra , Albion Ademi and Kallaku.

Just need a couple to even become average players and we'll be ok. Broja will lead the way , Bare and Bajrami will be solid in Midfield , just need others around them , let's hope Uzuni can make that leap . The PL is just a different beast when in comes to physicality , that's the main difference , not decision making although that's key too.

All of this will be solved when we join with Kosove and we'll be sorted in attack and midfield lol
CanaYouDoIt

https://twitter.com/FutbolliShqipFR/sta ... 67488?s=20

Cika scoring again, wasn't bad last few games. Will be very important in the game vs England , I think we can bully their CBs and he's gonna need to be on top form.
Princ

Dallku wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:49 pm I think from Alb players Bare has all the qualities to play in a top league.
What exactly are these qualities?

Bare lacks height, speed, skill and creativity. Players like him are a dime a dozen.

Espanyol plays better with Bare off the pitch this season, as his on-off rating is one of the worst on the team at -0.58.

Bajrami, at the moment, is in the top 3 of Empoli for this statistic (+0.91). He has real potential and could be a difference maker for us.
Dallku

Princ wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:20 pm
Dallku wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:49 pm I think from Alb players Bare has all the qualities to play in a top league.
What exactly are these qualities?

Bare lacks height, speed, skill and creativity. Players like him are a dime a dozen.

Espanyol plays better with Bare off the pitch this season, as his on/off rating is one of the worst on the team at -0.58.

Bajrami, at the moment, is in the top 3 of Empoli for this statistic (+0.91). He has real potential and could be difference maker for us.

The most important thing he has is the basic iq to play at that level. He knows how to make the safe pass(which a lot of our players lack) and besides that he has adequate technique/touch and definitely the work ethic. He's all over the field and helps on both defense and attack. Physically he's underwhelming but is capable of making up for it.

I doubt these sort of specific analytics are relevant in football. It's arguable if they matter in basketball where it's 5v5.

Besides the defenders none of our players are capable of playing in a top league and that's the problem with the team right now(midfield/attack). Abrashi tried it but was mostly a reserve in Bundesliga. Roshi who had an impressive physique tried it but failed because he didn't have the iq and work ethic. Many other examples like that.
These users thanked the author Dallku for the post:
CanaYouDoIt
  • Information