Albania 0:2 England - WC Qualifiers Europe - 28/03/2021

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

I don't believe we will win but the generation we have coming up excites me. This generation is turning out to be a shock. Go back a year and this would seem crazy with all these players coming into our ranks.
These users thanked the author RedFootballs for the post:
CanaYouDoIt
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

RedFootballs wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:07 pm I don't believe we will win but the generation we have coming up excites me. This generation is turning out to be a shock. Go back a year and this would seem crazy with all these players coming into our ranks.
Indeed who would’ve thought that 5 out of 6 defensive players and goalies would play in Serie A with Djim playing champions league games and Kumbulla’s peak yet to come. Djim is the oldest defensive player out there and he’s 28, it says all... We should have 1-2 good tournaments with these players plus some bonuses here and there.
These users thanked the author Simboli i Diellit for the post:
CanaYouDoIt
CanaYouDoIt

And now with the attack and midfield taking shape I'm so excited man , Broja , Bajrami and Bare seem guaranteed to be better than anything we've had .
Princ

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:13 pm And now with the attack and midfield taking shape I'm so excited man , Broja , Bajrami and Bare seem guaranteed to be better than anything we've had .
Broja and Bajrami have the potential to be real difference makers. Together with Kumbulla, these players will make up our core going forward.

Bare will be average at best.

The midfield remains suspect and there is still need for a reliable defensive midfielder. An addition like Rexhbecaj would solidify our team and give us a serious chance to contend for a 2nd qualification.

That being said, there are definitely some good pieces to build around. The outlook is much better than it was a couple years ago.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Aside from our defence all we have is potential. There are no great players in the outfield so far. Some of them might turn out that way in the future, but right now it's just bunch of kids.

I worry the tempo with which England plays it is going to be a big fucking problem. We need to calm the game when tempo is detrimental to our side.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Ballisti
Has thanked: 0

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:20 am Aside from our defence all we have is potential. There are no great players in the outfield so far. Some of them might turn out that way in the future, but right now it's just bunch of kids.
That s a thing we should keep in mind and should not wait for miracles of them. They would do good in a U21 Cup. But atm they are only player with good Potential and their carreer could end bad. Still no one of them offensive Player are starters for a top 5 League team.

But the talent is here, like it maybe never was in Albania.
artan

Ballisti wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:29 am
Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:20 am Aside from our defence all we have is potential. There are no great players in the outfield so far. Some of them might turn out that way in the future, but right now it's just bunch of kids.
That s a thing we should keep in mind and should not wait for miracles of them. They would do good in a U21 Cup. But atm they are only player with good Potential and their carreer could end bad. Still no one of them offensive Player are starters for a top 5 League team.

But the talent is here, like it maybe never was in Albania.
In terms of talent this generation is by far the most talented in recent memory. The NT back in 2013 - 2014 had some talent with all the diaspora players poached up but after 2016 most of them kind of just stagnated or crashed. Xhaka, Kace, Ajeti, Gashi, etc, who were expected to be core players just flopped for us. The upside for these guys were pretty limited as well.

We have a deeper pool of players in the younger age group and it seems to be growing. They aren't world beaters but for our standards they're some of the more talented players we've developed. For example, a guy like Bare may never be a consistent player in a top league but to me he's one of the best midfielders we've developed in a long time. It's exciting because there will be always diaspora players that emerge and you mix potential players we poach up in the future with the core of players we've developed and we can have a golden generation.
These users thanked the author artan for the post:
CanaYouDoIt
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

I worry the tempo with which England plays it is going to be a big fucking problem. We need to calm the game when tempo is detrimental to our side.
Albania when playing with big teams has the magic power of making them play like sh*t. As far as i remember we always lost from set pieces or blunders against big teams because our players panic.
Dallku

^ Exactly. If watching Albania has taught me anything is to fear individual blunders more than the opponent.

If England manages to score some nice goals then fair enough but if an Ismajli trips on his ass and accidently assists to Harry Kane while trying to pass it to the goalkeeper then that would be more than typical... :rrokullisem:

One thing for sure about this game is that Roshi will create a chance or two when he comes on as a super sub.
CanaYouDoIt

Unfortunately I dont think this is a Roshi game depending on who England pick . Because Roshi isn't good enough to exploit someone like Luke Shaw .Also he's been injured and hasn't played much so isn't in top form.

But you two are right , remember the Euros , we lost vs the Swiss because Berisha , Cana and Gashi (will never forgive) decided to have howlers , same against the French , lost it right at the end.
  • Information