Andorra 0:1 Albania - WC Qualifiers Europe - 25/03/2021

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

andi2410

Reja said he will go with the players that have earned his trust. It's not a horrible lineup for this game but hopefully he makes early subs (60') so the subs actually have sufficient time to make an impact.

Memushaj is the best midfielder we have had since Skela. He is obviously too old now but in a game like this, a moment of brilliance from him can change the outcome. He's still more than capable. I'm hoping Bajrami can become the next Memushaj for the NT.
artan

andi2410 wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:19 pm Reja said he will go with the players that have earned his trust. It's not a horrible lineup for this game but hopefully he makes early subs (60') so the subs actually have sufficient time to make an impact.

Memushaj is the best midfielder we have had since Skela. He is obviously too old now but in a game like this, a moment of brilliance from him can change the outcome. He's still more than capable. I'm hoping Bajrami can become the next Memushaj for the NT.
Memushaj has been a liability these past few years. He doesn't have the legs to get past the 55th minute anymore and is a liability against any team that plays with pace. It's why he can't play as a holding midfielder and needs support to cover his physical shortcomings. Bare, Bajrami and Gjasula is the best midfield trio we have at the moment.
Dallku

Manaj scored in the last game so he was always going to start.

But I don't think Reja rates Broja. In the last few games he came with a small injury but recovered just in time for the games but Reja still sent him home. Didn't even care to have him on the bench. Cika and Manaj and his main strikers. Kamberi-Broja fighting for that 3rd spot but in 3 games everyone should have enough minutes.
Princ

Memushaj is a washed up scrub playing on a relegation side in Serie B.

A vertically challenged career 2nd division player who should have retired years ago. He played the full 90 last time we dropped points to Andorra at home.

Albania should not be carrying around his dead weight any longer.
Plako
Team: Partizani

andi2410 wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:19 pm Reja said he will go with the players that have earned his trust. It's not a horrible lineup for this game but hopefully he makes early subs (60') so the subs actually have sufficient time to make an impact.

Yeah, Memushaj was the best midfielder we has since Skela but it's been 3-4 years since he's had any impact on this side. I don't see the point of brining him vs Andorra unless Reja has plans to start Bajrami vs. England and he wants him to rest today.
andi2410

I don't think resting Bajrami makes much sense. He needs the PT to build chemistry with the team. I just think he didn't get the clearance.
Plako
Team: Partizani

andi2410 wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:59 pm I don't think resting Bajrami makes much sense. He needs the PT to build chemistry with the team. I just think he didn't get the clearance.
He's with the team though right?
andi2410

Yeah, he's there. Apparently they are waiting for FIFA approval before he can become eligible to play. They were hoping to receive it last night or early morning today. Doesn't seem like it came through.
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

I believe "second division" argument is nonsense. It's professional football and the name of squad doesn't determine qualities of the player but the role the player has in the team. Of course it's better to play in highest level possible but absolute meritocracy doesn't exist in football. Players of small national teams are always underrated even in club level, it's always harder for albanian to find decent team compare to western rich nations players with glorious football history. I don't wanna defend Memushaj but hate toward him is unreasonable, since he joined national team he had bad days and good days but his contribution was solid for national team. I would prefered Selahi over Memushaj or Broja over Manaj but i believe Reja and his staff know football better than me. I don't remember when was last time we scored 6 goals in two official matches so if we keep scoring goals i won't even care who is playing.
Kuqaloshi maoist
  • Information