Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

CanaYouDoIt

Broja if you look at his stats has been super efficient , doesn't get many chances and most are him creating it himself (Bit like the Andorra game) , for the NT he literally didn't have 1 good chance, it shouldn't be up to the 19 year old to do it all.

He's got plenty of time to develop, he's got all the physical tools needed , we just have to be patient , next year he will probably go on loan in the championship so that'll help him with the physical side even more.
artan

I like Broja and he clearly is talented offensively (eye for a goal, finishing ability, size, touch, etc) but what I worry about him is that he seems to have a low work rate defensively. He needs to learn & put in the work pressing if he wants to take his game to the next level. The way he was just jogging against England is unacceptable for a 19 year old trying to prove his worth.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

artan wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:54 pm I like Broja and he clearly is talented offensively (eye for a goal, finishing ability, size, touch, etc) but what I worry about him is that he seems to have a low work rate defensively. He needs to learn & put in the work pressing if he wants to take his game to the next level. The way he was just jogging against England is unacceptable for a 19 year old trying to prove his worth.
I think perhaps in his roles at Vitesse and Chelsea Youth workrate defensively has never really been demanded, very different for a team like Albania who need 10 men working hard.
artan

RedFootballs wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:24 pm
artan wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:54 pm I like Broja and he clearly is talented offensively (eye for a goal, finishing ability, size, touch, etc) but what I worry about him is that he seems to have a low work rate defensively. He needs to learn & put in the work pressing if he wants to take his game to the next level. The way he was just jogging against England is unacceptable for a 19 year old trying to prove his worth.
I think perhaps in his roles at Vitesse and Chelsea Youth workrate defensively has never really been demanded, very different for a team like Albania who need 10 men working hard.
Perhaps but if he wants to break into a bigger team in the future he's going to have to "earn" his spot. A bigger club will have a short leash with a relatively unproven player who doesn't put in the effort defensively.
Dallku

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:05 pm Broja if you look at his stats has been super efficient , doesn't get many chances and most are him creating it himself (Bit like the Andorra game) , for the NT he literally didn't have 1 good chance, it shouldn't be up to the 19 year old to do it all.

He's got plenty of time to develop, he's got all the physical tools needed , we just have to be patient , next year he will probably go on loan in the championship so that'll help him with the physical side even more.

If age is such a factor for him then maybe he belongs in the u21. The NT is not an academy where you come to learn how to play football.

If you can't be more productive than a 3rd division player(Manaj) then maybe you're not NT material.

Right now Broja has 6 caps; 0 goals and very underwhelming performances. You could argue that Taulant Seferi in more limited minutes looked better than him.
CanaYouDoIt

Dallku wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:59 pm
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:05 pm Broja if you look at his stats has been super efficient , doesn't get many chances and most are him creating it himself (Bit like the Andorra game) , for the NT he literally didn't have 1 good chance, it shouldn't be up to the 19 year old to do it all.

If age is such a factor for him then maybe he belongs in the u21. The NT is not an academy where you come to learn how to play football.

If you can't be more productive than a 3rd division player(Manaj) then maybe you're not NT material.

Right now Broja has 6 caps; 0 goals and very underwhelming performances. You could argue that Taulant Seferi in more limited minutes looked better than him.

If we were a good country yes but there's no justification for putting Manaj ahead of him, tell me 1 chance he's had in his appearances so far , we played 5 ATB vs San Marino ffs and all you could hear was Reja shouting "Broja, Broja", we created nothing.

You don't put him in the U21 when he scores more goals in an actual league compared to guys like Manaj or Balaj. I don't know what you think we are but he's our best ST so he has to play.
CanaYouDoIt

Defensive workrate is possibly the most overrated aspect , he does that absolutely fine . He does it just fine for Vitesse , if you want someone to run around like a headless chicken you put Cika upfront and call it a day.
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:10 pm
Defensive workrate is possibly the most overrated aspect , he does that absolutely fine . He does it just fine for Vitesse , if you want someone to run around like a headless chicken you put Cika upfront and call it a day.
It's impossible to play professionall football nowdays without solid defensive workrate. Broja is not good enough to play on Championship level, so i don't really care how many goals scores on Eredivisie until he massively improves his workrate should be downgraded to U21. There is a reason Eredivisie is bossed by mediocre greek striker who was not capable to score single goal for AEK Athens last season. We should really put brakes on Broja hype because he had his chance to show what he can do for national team and was absolutely worst. We can continue to lie ourselfes and find excuses for him or hate Manaj but none of those things will make Broja better player.
These users thanked the author ZenMaster for the post:
Dallku
Kuqaloshi maoist
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

ZenMaster wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:44 am
It's impossible to play professionall football nowdays without solid defensive workrate. Broja is not good enough to play on Championship level, so i don't really care how many goals scores on Eredivisie until he massively improves his workrate should be downgraded to U21. There is a reason Eredivisie is bossed by mediocre greek striker who was not capable to score single goal for AEK Athens last season. We should really put brakes on Broja hype because he had his chance to show what he can do for national team and was absolutely worst. We can continue to lie ourselfes and find excuses for him or hate but none of those things will make Broja better player.
For 5 years we started striker who can't score in the Russian or austrian leagues and now we are being picky over the Eredevisie? Man yes maybe he won't be world-class but I think it's underestimated just how bad our striker situation is now Sadiku's career crashed and burned after his ACL tear. Broja is only one of our strikers who appears to have some individual talents, I'm not going to give up on playing him bc he had one bad game (I don't count England game bc it's simple common sense poachers can't play winger, they are two totally different position).
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

RedFootballs wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:46 pm
ZenMaster wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:44 am

It's impossible to play professionall football nowdays without solid defensive workrate. Broja is not good enough to play on Championship level, so i don't really care how many goals scores on Eredivisie until he massively improves his workrate should be downgraded to U21. There is a reason Eredivisie is bossed by mediocre greek striker who was not capable to score single goal for AEK Athens last season. We should really put brakes on Broja hype because he had his chance to show what he can do for national team and was absolutely worst. We can continue to lie ourselfes and find excuses for him or hate but none of those things will make Broja better player.
For 5 years we started striker who can't score in the Russian or austrian leagues and now we are being picky over the Eredevisie? Man yes maybe he won't be world-class but I think it's underestimated just how bad our striker situation is now Sadiku's career crashed and burned after his ACL tear. Broja is only one of our strikers who appears to have some individual talents, I'm not going to give up on playing him bc he had one bad game (I don't count England game bc it's simple common sense poachers can't play winger, they are two totally different position).
I'm not being picky but Eredivisie is probably one of easiest championships on Europe to score goals. It's great environment for young players to build confidence and improve technically but just check their topscorers records over years playing on other leagues. Nobody is giving up on him but Broja has scored only 9 goals and clearly is still not ready for the senior team.
These users thanked the author ZenMaster for the post:
Dallku
Kuqaloshi maoist
  • Information