Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

User avatar
artan
Posts: 2645
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:08 am
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 119 times
Contact:

Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:16 pm

RedFootballs wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:46 pm
ZenMaster wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:44 am
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:10 pm

Defensive workrate is possibly the most overrated aspect , he does that absolutely fine . He does it just fine for Vitesse , if you want someone to run around like a headless chicken you put Cika upfront and call it a day.
It's impossible to play professionall football nowdays without solid defensive workrate. Broja is not good enough to play on Championship level, so i don't really care how many goals scores on Eredivisie until he massively improves his workrate should be downgraded to U21. There is a reason Eredivisie is bossed by mediocre greek striker who was not capable to score single goal for AEK Athens last season. We should really put brakes on Broja hype because he had his chance to show what he can do for national team and was absolutely worst. We can continue to lie ourselfes and find excuses for him or hate but none of those things will make Broja better player.
For 5 years we started striker who can't score in the Russian or austrian leagues and now we are being picky over the Eredevisie? Man yes maybe he won't be world-class but I think it's underestimated just how bad our striker situation is now Sadiku's career crashed and burned after his ACL tear. Broja is only one of our strikers who appears to have some individual talents, I'm not going to give up on playing him bc he had one bad game (I don't count England game bc it's simple common sense poachers can't play winger, they are two totally different position).
This. Broja has some flaws defensively but overall he's still a good prospect and probably our best forward at the moment. When your "Bomber" is a 30 year old forward whose best season recently is 8 goals in the Turkish first division then Broja most likely is the best option.
User avatar
Princ
Posts: 2231
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:36 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 46 times
Contact:

Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:18 pm

Broja has a lot of potential but has not shown enough maturity for the senior team.

He was playing like a mamas boy against England and San Marino. In international football, you must not give the opponent an inch. Show some bloody desire lad.

Pathetic performances.
These users thanked the author Princ for the post (total 2):
DallkuZenMaster
Dallku
Posts: 4100
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 93 times
Been thanked: 312 times
Contact:

Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:26 pm

ZenMaster wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:09 pm
I'm not being picky but Eredivisie is probably one of easiest championships on Europe to score goals. It's great environment for young players to build confidence and improve technically but just check their topscorers records over years playing on other leagues. Nobody is giving up on him but Broja has scored only 9 goals and clearly is still not ready for the senior team.

Besides Ajax the Eredivisie is a very poor league. Only thing it has left is its name(because it used to be stronger). I remember when PSV, Twente, etc were very solid teams. Now they are laughable. I honestly believe the Russian and Turkish leagues are much stronger.

The fact that a Greek scrub is absolutely obliterating it sums things up. Funny thing is that most Greeks don't believe Giakoumakis is anywhere near NT material but he has 24 goals in the Netherlands. That's crazy.
User avatar
RedFootballs
Posts: 1579
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:12 pm
Location: England
Team: QPR - Albania
Has thanked: 108 times
Been thanked: 150 times
Contact:

Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:24 am

Keidi Bare with an outstanding assist for Espanyol today and it seems he is heading to the LaLiga. He honestly may turn out to be our best midfielder for decades, which is funny.
User avatar
Princ
Posts: 2231
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:36 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 46 times
Contact:

Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:43 am

RedFootballs wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:24 am He honestly may turn out to be our best midfielder for decades, which is funny.
At his age, Xhaka and Abrashi beat Portugal away and qualified Albania into Euro Finals.

Until Bare has achieved something similar, he will not compare to those two.
User avatar
Aurora Bulkualis
Posts: 4386
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:24 pm
Location: Bulkustan
Team: Fc Bulku
Has thanked: 147 times
Been thanked: 189 times
Contact:

Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:06 am

Dallku wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:26 pm
ZenMaster wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:09 pm
I'm not being picky but Eredivisie is probably one of easiest championships on Europe to score goals. It's great environment for young players to build confidence and improve technically but just check their topscorers records over years playing on other leagues. Nobody is giving up on him but Broja has scored only 9 goals and clearly is still not ready for the senior team.

Besides Ajax the Eredivisie is a very poor league. Only thing it has left is its name(because it used to be stronger). I remember when PSV, Twente, etc were very solid teams. Now they are laughable. I honestly believe the Russian and Turkish leagues are much stronger.

The fact that a Greek scrub is absolutely obliterating it sums things up. Funny thing is that most Greeks don't believe Giakoumakis is anywhere near NT material but he has 24 goals in the Netherlands. That's crazy.
Most teams in Holland are Croatian league level. Gameplay is maybe 30-40% better than Superliga teams.

All I want from Broja is to convert chances given to him. We know he's not going to create his own shot. You can build your foundations for top leagues pretty well in Holland.
John 14:6 "Bulku saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, De Biasi, but by me."
User avatar
CanaYouDoIt
Posts: 2525
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:56 pm
Has thanked: 489 times
Been thanked: 110 times
Contact:

Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:07 pm

Princ wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:43 am
RedFootballs wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:24 am He honestly may turn out to be our best midfielder for decades, which is funny.
At his age, Xhaka and Abrashi beat Portugal away and qualified Albania into Euro Finals.

Until Bare has achieved something similar, he will not compare to those two.
Why are we using one off games vs entire league seasons to compare players?
User avatar
CanaYouDoIt
Posts: 2525
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:56 pm
Has thanked: 489 times
Been thanked: 110 times
Contact:

Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:08 pm

The disrespect shown here to Broja and the Dutch league is really really funny, comparing it the Croatian , Turkish league , give me a break man.
These users thanked the author CanaYouDoIt for the post:
RedFootballs
User avatar
RedFootballs
Posts: 1579
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:12 pm
Location: England
Team: QPR - Albania
Has thanked: 108 times
Been thanked: 150 times
Contact:

Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:01 pm

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:08 pm The disrespect shown here to Broja and the Dutch league is really really funny, comparing it the Croatian , Turkish league , give me a break man.
Tbh the Turkish league is very strong compared to how its critics paint it. Same for Croatian.

If we had a 19-year-old striker who scored double digits in either of those leagues I would be asking for them to start. The simple fact is other than Sokol we don't even have a striker that starts for a decent club let alone scores for them. Such situation means we have to start Broja.

With possibly Bytiqi and Cekici coming for June we will have a more technical lineup that hopefully he will look good with
User avatar
RedFootballs
Posts: 1579
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:12 pm
Location: England
Team: QPR - Albania
Has thanked: 108 times
Been thanked: 150 times
Contact:

Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:19 pm

https://albanianfootballblog.com/video- ... 30-meters/

Kastriot Imeri plays for Switzerland U2`1. As he isn't 21 and isn't affiliated with Kosovo youth teams yet we have good opportunity to approach this. Rotation midfielder for Servette who are second in the Swiss Super League
Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 10 guests