Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Plako
Team: Partizani

artan wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:49 pm I agree but where are we gonna find these guys?
I'm crossing fingers Italy will finally produce for us the forward we need in the next 5 years.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

artan wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:49 pm
Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:09 am
Dallku wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:56 pm

Turkish 2nd division is probably on par with Albanian superliga but it's possible that he's good. His stats are ridiculous. Only time I've ever watched him was with Kukesi in the euro cups and he actually stood out imo.

We're at a point where players like him should be tested. It's that bad.
I'm getting tired of these 2nd division "bombers" tbh. We need a fucking proper striker in a top league. One of these guys like Broja/Manaj has to step up and make that final push with hard work to get there.
I agree but where are we gonna find these guys? I'd rather take a chance on Rroca (even though he's a midfielder) than Manaj as Manaj's career protectory doesn't look good. Going from Inter to fringe Serie A teams to La Liga 2 teams to Spanish third division team is a bad trajectory. He's going to be playing in the Superliga at this rate. Rroca might have a diamond in the rough kind of value. I hope he gets tested in the top flight next year.
Manaj is rumoured to Bundesliga or LaLiga, god knows how, but if Barcelona B get promoted I'd like to see him stay there. Barca have huge financial issues and if he can do decently in LaLiga2 he may get some appearances if they do play in ESL + Laliga + CL, and if they don't make the ESL they will have less money so might need a body to rotate.

I watched some Manaj highlights - his stats are kinda misleading. It's a very low scoring league & he shows very good hold-up play albeit the low opposition. In other news, Braithwaite is injured so Manaj may be called up
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Plako wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:08 pm
artan wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:49 pm I agree but where are we gonna find these guys?
I'm crossing fingers Italy will finally produce for us the forward we need in the next 5 years.
Plako will be the first guy to pray to the flying spaghetti monster.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
RedFootballs

Uzuni with another goal in the Hungarian League. Remember when Bardhi dominated this league? What he went on to become. Just an Albanian league player with a bit of work ethic?

Really he is a legit player, but our attack is pathetic we would need Messi to fall from the sky to create anything with our bomber being Cika.
Princ

NBI is not far off Superliga level, and certainly worse than the Croatian league.

Scoring against Juventus is the highlight of Uzuni’s career. It is quite an accomplishment, but there is no further proof that he can produce consistently at a high level. He should prove himself in a more competitive league before we jump to conclusions.

Personally, I do not see anything that jumps off the page when I look at his skill set. Not the fastest, not the smartest, and not a physical specimen either.
RedFootballs

Princ wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:44 pm NBI is not far off Superliga level, and certainly worse than the Croatian league.

Scoring against Juventus is the highlight of Uzuni’s career. It is quite an accomplishment, but there is no further proof that he can produce consistently at a high level. He should prove himself in a more competitive league before we jump to conclusions.

Personally, I do not see anything that jumps off the page when I look at his skill set. Not the fastest, not the smartest, and not a physical specimen either.
He's played well in the croatian league, and he's proved his worth against top-tier, European level teams. Often times in Albanian games he is the only one trying to create anything. Just bc he can't look good with an amateur attack means nothing
Princ

It is more of a problem with the formation and lack of creativity in midfield rather than the attack, in my opinion.

Nonetheless, the team set him up perfectly against England but his attempt at goal was worthless. He has shown to be inconsistent even against lower level opponents like Kazakhstan, where he was one on one with the keeper but his shot rolled to the corner flag.

I would not hesitate to field him over our current crop of wingers but at age 26, I doubt he will ever be a real difference maker for Albania.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:43 pm
Plako wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:08 pm
Plako will be the first guy to pray to the flying spaghetti monster.
Lol as soon as I hit the submit button I realized Italy has not produced a decent forward for like 2 decades.
RedFootballs

Princ wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:06 pm It is more of a problem with the formation and lack of creativity in midfield rather than the attack, in my opinion.

Nonetheless, the team set him up perfectly against England but his attempt at goal was worthless. He has shown to be inconsistent even against lower level opponents like Kazakhstan, where he was one on one with the keeper but his shot rolled to the corner flag.

I would not hesitate to field him over our current crop of wingers but at age 26, I doubt he will ever be a real difference maker for Albania.
As Zen says only 'pilaf experts' would discount Uzuni's record in the NB. It's like 12 goals and 6 assists now with another 3 goals in CL stages. He is legit and I won't be surprised if he makes a straight move to Seria A let alone Olympiakos.
artan

Princ wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:44 pm NBI is not far off Superliga level, and certainly worse than the Croatian league.

Most of the "rest of Europe" leagues are Albanian Superliga quality outside the top 2-3 teams in each country. However, the top teams in these leagues tend to compete in the CL often and have produced many good players. I wouldn't take Uzuini seriously if he played for a random hungarian team like Disogyori (ie Roshi) but since he's playing for the top team that is a CL caliber team it shows he's a legit player.

I also think the Hungarian league will start to become a regional power and will start to swoop Albanian domestic players up.
  • Information