Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

artan wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:36 pm
Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:12 am The only thing I'm grateful for when it comes to these players is showing other Albanian players/media that things like scoring once against Juventus or being on Barcelona's bench don't mean anything. You actually have to be able to play consistently at that level. Imagine if someone like Vrioni made his debut with Juventus 10-15 years ago. You'd never hear the end of it. But all he had was 2 good days of hype because we knew it meant nothing. No one even talks about him anymore. We actually hyped up Kabashi way more than Vrioni, and Vrioni actually played. Kabashi was just on the bench.

In their own way they're raising the bar, because they're learning that these aren't real accomplishments.
We still do. Vrioni received a few call ups and even some appearances mainly because he plays at Juventus (Youth). Manaj gets hyped up and is a shoe in to start because he scores some penalties for Barcelona in the third division of Spain and the analysts always talks about his form. Balaj was hyped up for the longest time..

Uzuini never got that same treatment and he's more deserving then the others. Put in great performances against Dinamo, Celtic and Molde to help them qualify for CL. Scored a goal against Juventus in the CL (even a tap in) and lets be real if Roshi scored that everyone would have lost their shit.
My problem isn't that he doesn't deserve it more so that when Albanian media hype up players they always seem to start playing worse. His career is going well right now and I don'#t want him to start buying his own hype before he makes a big step
RedFootballs

I watched some of Manaj's game today... man I wish he had a good touch, that would literally make hima first division player, but his technique is so horrendous, his hold-up play is v good and wins a lot of fouls
Plako
Team: Partizani

artan wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:05 pm I think his point was that a few teams have political connections. Partizani with Olsi Rama, Teuta with that guy you mentioned, Kukesi with Gjici being a Rama puppet, etc. And truthfully in his defense, Teuta in terms of talent aren't that far off from Partizani who I think is the most talented team in the league. I wouldn't blink an eye if any team in the top 4 ends up winning the league.
If Olsi Rama had any pull, Partizani would have won several leagues as Edi Rama has been in power since 2013. Here we are 8 years later and they barely won 1 title.
MercedesBenz240
Team: Bistrica

Plako wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:23 am
artan wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:05 pm I think his point was that a few teams have political connections. Partizani with Olsi Rama, Teuta with that guy you mentioned, Kukesi with Gjici being a Rama puppet, etc. And truthfully in his defense, Teuta in terms of talent aren't that far off from Partizani who I think is the most talented team in the league. I wouldn't blink an eye if any team in the top 4 ends up winning the league.
If Olsi Rama had any pull, Partizani would have won several leagues as Edi Rama has been in power since 2013. Here we are 8 years later and they barely won 1 title.
Just shows how our league is all about fairness and pure football. Right? :zgerdhimje:
Plako
Team: Partizani

MercedesBenz240 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:41 am Just shows how our league is all about fairness and pure football. Right? :zgerdhimje:
We've always had interference in football but ever since Duka came to power I feel like the shenanigans have gotten much worse.
RedFootballs

Bekim balaj will leave SK Sturm Graz and Albanian media reports he could transfer to Vllaznia LOL

That's about his true level honestly. Now that Balaj is hopefully out of the equation forever leaves us with - Cika, Broja, Manaj to choose from, Florian Kamberi possibly.

Cika is actually in decent form this season. Not playing badly. He should start in next qualifiers.

Broja is on a horrible dry streak, playing well but no goals. He should have found his form by next matches tho, I'd say we shouldn't start him against Hungary or Poland bc of his previous performances but it's not like any of our strikers have ever shown talent/big moments in games other than Balaj's possessed body/Sadiku in form.

Manaj - Situationally he can make sense if we need a physical striker. I feel like he could be better with Broja, despite Broja being big he seems a bit hesitant to get rough Manaj can provide that, if nothing else he's just holdup robot. Playing ok in Segunda B Division. Manaj and Cika can't work.

Kamberi - Awful. Playing awful for his club and in the worst form of his career, + the drama with Reja, but we have yet to see how he fits into Albania maybe he offers something we need (have heard he's got decent pace and quite tall)
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

Arlind Ajeti scores heavy goal to keep alive Reggiana hopes for the play out spot.
Kuqaloshi maoist
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

Realdo Fili has scored 4 goals in last 4 matches for Botosani.
Kuqaloshi maoist
RedFootballs

I have no idea what is going on with Vrioni but surely can be something extremely corrupt. Gathered with the first-team again only a game after he came back from a horrible injury, what is the reason for it?
CanaYouDoIt

Broja scored , finally had a chance and put it away. So frustrating watching him , gets in good positions only for them not to pass. Anyway , good first year in pro football lets hope he finishes strong.
  • Information