Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

First of all Manaj isn't a terrible player. His career has been derailed by bad decisions and terrible attitudes. He has some talent, LaLiga teams are looking at him.

Other than this trolling in regards to Broja I think if he comes to play in the PL he will need to add some weight and use his frame better. For a 6'3 CF is totally non-existent in the air and physically..
Tuchel is looking at 5 players specifically now to come back to Chelsea squad and Broja is one of them. I'd hopefully want him to do another year at Vitesse to make him more prepared and understand pro game more.
artan

Manaj is better suited playing for the Albanian Rugby team
Dallku

I mean if a 25 year who still plays in the 3rd division (in practically a youth league/team) isn't a terrible player then I don't know who is. Based on that logic every player in the world is good and there are no bad players.

I don't buy those transfer rumors and no one should either. All Albanian players get rumored to top 4 leagues because agents are trying to raise their value and interest but eventually they end up in lower divisions and amateur leagues.

In reality Manaj is closer to Teuta than a La Liga team.

The only true professionals Albania has who are capable of playing in elite leagues:

Djimsiti
Hysaj
Kumbulla
Strakosha(although in danger right now)
Ismajli
Bare (potentially but not guaranteed)
Abrashi (Limited player and failed in Bundesliga but he is a professional in the way he approaches the game)

Players like Cikalleshi and Uzuni are eastern European/Asian league level players.

The rest cannot be taken seriously. They are just filling up spaces.
Dallku

artan wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:38 pm Manaj is better suited playing for the Albanian Rugby team
I Honestly think the Albanian superliga has a bunch of players better than Manaj, They just never got a chance.
RedFootballs

Dallku wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:20 pm I mean if a 25 year who still plays in the 3rd division (in practically a youth league/team) isn't a terrible player then I don't know who is. Based on that logic every player in the world is good and there are no bad players.

I don't buy those transfer rumors and no one should either. All Albanian players get rumored to top 4 leagues because agents are trying to raise their value and interest but eventually they end up in lower divisions and amateur leagues.

In reality Manaj is closer to Teuta than a La Liga team.

The only true professionals Albania has who are capable of playing in elite leagues:

Djimsiti
Hysaj
Kumbulla
Strakosha(although in danger right now)
Ismajli
Bare (potentially but not guaranteed)
Abrashi (Limited player and failed in Bundesliga but he is a professional in the way he approaches the game)

Players like Cikalleshi and Uzuni are eastern European/Asian league level players.

The rest cannot be taken seriously. They are just filling up spaces.
Cuckoo. Asian league level.

Uzuni will move to a top4 league this summer and Manaj will move to minimum Serie B/Segunda Division. Strakosha has many options in the top4 leagues, he's absolutely fine.

When Rey left Albacete he had variety of Segunda offers but declined. Went to Barca B.
When he was doing poorly during the January window he was also offered a move back to the Segunda A. He declined it. If he doesn't move to LaLiga it will probably be of his own doing. I see him moving to Serie B more likely, he probably wants to get back to Italy, perhaps he doesn't feel up to the quality of those divisions, who tf knows, but he keeps getting offered good moves. Must be for a reason..

Our current crop of talent is turning out to be perhaps the best ever for Albania, with Bajrami etc looking to join too. I see no reason to be nihilist about this.
artan

Manaj is definitely trash. When you go from Inter Milan to fringe Serie A/B teams then to the Spanish second and third divisions your career is in a massive downward trajectory. He's had multiple chances to prove himself at each level and hasn't. He's lucky he was an Inter Milan player or he'd be dropped from the NT a while back.

I do like what I've seen from some of the U21 players. I'm not sure if any of them have potential to be playing for big clubs but I think some of them can end up being competitive players. From what I've seen from Ismalgjeci in the Superliga he has a chance to be a real wingback as he's pacey and has surprisingly good attacking attributes. He kinda carried Tirana after Muci left. I wish we could have got to see him play these next couple matches and I have no doubt in my mind he's better than Trashi at the LWB spot.

I'm also not ready to give up on Muci yet. Mitaj seems like one for the future but then again we also thought Kace was the next big thing. Mehmeti seems like he might be a decent box-box midfielder going forward.
RedFootballs

artan wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:40 am Manaj is definitely trash. When you go from Inter Milan to fringe Serie A/B teams then to the Spanish second and third divisions your career is in a massive downward trajectory. He's had multiple chances to prove himself at each level and hasn't. He's lucky he was an Inter Milan player or he'd be dropped from the NT a while back.

I do like what I've seen from some of the U21 players. I'm not sure if any of them have potential to be playing for big clubs but I think some of them can end up being competitive players. From what I've seen from Ismalgjeci in the Superliga he has a chance to be a real wingback as he's pacey and has surprisingly good attacking attributes. He kinda carried Tirana after Muci left. I wish we could have got to see him play these next couple matches and I have no doubt in my mind he's better than Trashi at the LWB spot.

I'm also not ready to give up on Muci yet. Mitaj seems like one for the future but then again we also thought Kace was the next big thing. Mehmeti seems like he might be a decent box-box midfielder going forward.
He played at these levels at 18,19,20,21 years old and at 21 years old @Albacete he did okay. At this time he was also overweight, in Barca B he lost much weight and plays like a pro footballer again.

It's important to remember he had options in the Segunda for a while but rejected them bc Barca B was offering a great salary. It's easy to shit on a player who has not great stats 17-21 years old but we need to remember that when he played for those clubs he was still a kid, with bad attitude at that - I am confident he came out of Barca B for the better. It humbled him and he got in shape.
RedFootballs

Ismailgjeci rumoured to Gent and Cercle Bruggle. I'm beginning to think he could be a starter with our NT soon, that LB is weak pos for us. Maybe he can be a successful Superliga product, have not heard one person say a bad word.
These users thanked the author RedFootballs for the post:
CanaYouDoIt
Princ

Manaj was nothing more than a floor mopper at Inter. At club level, he has proven to be a mediocre second division player at best.

For Albania, he plays with heart and deserves to start over Broja. It was Manaj’s goal that won us Nations League group.
CanaYouDoIt

https://twitter.com/chelsea_hq/status/1 ... 28577?s=21

Great news, I see we’re still trying to justify Manaj starting over him. Edy Reja will pay for his crimes.
  • Information