Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

artan

The U21 have a qualification campaign going. I don't mind the decision as you can make the argument that a qualification match is more important than two friendlies. I hope for the Czech match some of the U21 players get called up like Ismalgjeci, Mitaj, Mehmeti, Celhaka, Muci and Marku.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Rey Manaj gives an interview to Gazzeta.it saying he has offers from LaLiga and Italy...

Anyone here have a subscription to the website and can post the full interview here before I pay to read it :rrokullisem: Simboli possibly
artan

Looks like Hysaj will be out for the matches. They should give Gymcity and Bare a rest for the second match too. Call up the u21 players and go with a B team against the Czech
artan

The Albanian national rugby team. Reja needs to be fired on the spot if he goes with that attacking three.
CanaYouDoIt

artan wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:51 pm Image

The Albanian national rugby team. Reja needs to be fired on the spot if he goes with that attacking three.
Thats shocking but look at the options in this group, then again he picked those players. He doesnt deserve this job.
RedFootballs

I have no idea why we are playing Sulejmanov. He is a Young Boys flop who can't put up double digits in Albanian Superliga

If Sheriff Kallaku can put up 15 in Albanian league then any striker who plays for us really should be able to unless he has special qualities.

Would have much much rather seen Bregu play as a LF.

Hopefully we get a nice look at Albi Doka. We need solutions for that spot and I see him as competing with Ismailgjeci, we could have called up Balliu and I'm confused why we didn't. He is in good form. Manaj right-wing is also a tragedy and I sincerely hope that isn't the final formation..
These users thanked the author RedFootballs for the post:
CanaYouDoIt
Dallku

Reja confirmed that Abrashi and Cekici are starting. Abrashi will be captain.
artan

Interested to see how Cekici looks in the midfield, he might be a player to give us some more technical ability in the lineup. Also interested in Doka.

Bummed out with the usual Manaj and Balaj pairing. You can find a better pairing in the Albanian Superliga.
These users thanked the author artan for the post:
CanaYouDoIt
Princ

Midfield looking a bit short.

It might be a long night for our defense.
RedFootballs

I mean why are we even seeing Balaj play any games anymore? None of you can say with a straight serious face that he's better than Broja, lol. This guy gets outscored by his defenders in the Austrian and Russian leagues.
I'd rather put Muci or Tuci upfront than Balaj at this point. He sucks. He had ONE good moment and has been living off that for the last nearly 7-years
  • Information