Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

artan

RedFootballs wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:22 am Doka is stupid but I think we need to persist with him. He has god-given pace that we won't get from anywhere else and pace is one of the most valuable if not the most in a counter-attacking scheme, and especially internationally

We can teach him to run down the wing and cross
I don't think it's fair to judge players after a 1 - 2 appearances and in his defense he looked decent in his other appearances. I'd rather see him play against the Czech rather than Veseli as we know what we have with Veseli.

Same goes with Cekici. He should get another chance.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

artan wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:25 am
RedFootballs wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:22 am Doka is stupid but I think we need to persist with him. He has god-given pace that we won't get from anywhere else and pace is one of the most valuable if not the most in a counter-attacking scheme, and especially internationally

I don't think it's fair to judge players after a 1 - 2 appearances and in his defense he looked decent in his other appearances. I'd rather see him play against the Czech rather than Veseli as we know what we have with Veseli.

The critique of him being a bit dopey stretches to HNL. But as I said I'm willing to forsake his vulnerabilities if he can just sprint down the wing and cross a ball, we need to substitute something for our lack of quality and slow players with bad technique won't work.

I felt like Cekici actually seemed quite good certainly at odds with his club level, he was being held back by defensive duties. Our midfield is progressively improving (Ndoj, Bare (Bajrami)??, Cekici) isn't a bad crop to choose from when looking for technique. Bare especially offers grit and fight whilst having nice ball control and pass.

Bajrami could really be the missing link that joins this team together. We need someone to be able to carry the ball from midfield and open up space because we're just playing rugby up front.

Similar to a Jorginho for Chelsea. Someone who just distributes and carries the ball, would really settle our nervousness when being pressed and pressured. Kallaku showed a nice bit of technique towards the final whistle.
artan

RedFootballs wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:32 am
artan wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:25 am

The critique of him being a bit dopey stretches to HNL. But as I said I'm willing to forsake his vulnerabilities if he can just sprint down the wing and cross a ball, we need to substitute something for our lack of quality and slow players with bad technique won't work.

I felt like Cekici actually seemed quite good certainly at odds with his club level, he was being held back by defensive duties. Our midfield is progressively improving (Ndoj, Bare (Bajrami)??, Cekici) isn't a bad crop to choose from when looking for technique. Bare especially offers grit and fight whilst having nice ball control and pass.

Bajrami could really be the missing link that joins this team together. We need someone to be able to carry the ball from midfield and open up space because we're just playing rugby up front.

Similar to a Jorginho for Chelsea. Someone who just distributes and carries the ball, would really settle our nervousness when being pressed and pressured. Kallaku showed a nice bit of technique towards the final whistle.
I also think the midfield is okay for the fact they all work hard and are pitbulls (more so Abrashi and Bare). They are put in a really bad situation offensively as the wingbacks really can't provide much witdth and attacking threat and our strikers are pretty bad. We have two target men who aren't very good at holding the ball and don't have pace to make runs behind the line. The midfield gets really congested because of all this and it makes it really tough on them. We really need an out and out attacker or some pacey forward who can make runs.

Bajrami would be huge addition and I think a 3-4-3 might be a bit better for this team. The two forward experiment isn't working and we've tried all combinations of Cika/Balaj/Manaj.
CanaYouDoIt

Even with Bajrami in midfield I dont think things will improve that much, he's not the type of midfielder to control games. More the Bruno Fernandes type where they're active in the final 3rd and don't retain the ball all that well.

As long as Reja insists on playing these attackers in this way the same issues will continue.
Dallku

Bajrami would be huge but Albania still lacks dynamic wingers. Roshi is absolutely finished and there aren't any potential wingers coming up the ranks either.
CanaYouDoIt

Watching this Romania team, clearly the attackers are bad like ours but at least they try and attack England without hoofing the ball ever time.

Funnily enough their coach used to be their U21 coach who likes to attack (Bushi anyone).
Dallku

Romanian players have always been known for their technique and soft touch. It's in their DNA. There is no way in hell their attackers are as bad.

Their trasnfermarkt values are not great because they are mostly domestic players.
CanaYouDoIt

If you watched the game theres no real difference between them and our players. Their ST is a guy who scores less than Cika in the same league.

Romanian football doesn't have that great talent right now, I'd argue our squad is just as good easily.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Trashi "Bejl mu lut per nje foto. Me ka admiruar qe ikur ishte femije."

"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Trashi is our number 9 :lol2:
  • Information