Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

His name sums up our offence, so it's fitting.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Dallku

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:09 pm Trashi is our number 9 :lol2:
And Manaj is the #10 lol

He's the opposite of what a traditional #10 is. :rrokullisem:

That really sums up the state of the attack.
Princ

Czech Republic win probability currently ~60%, on average.

A draw here would be a great confidence booster ahead of Matchday 4 and 5.
artan

Dallku wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:40 pm Romanian players have always been known for their technique and soft touch. It's in their DNA. There is no way in hell their attackers are as bad.

Their trasnfermarkt values are not great because they are mostly domestic players.
Romanian league is a step up compared to the Albanian league (well the top 3-4 teams everyone else is Superliga quality) and the league generally produces okay talent especially in the attacking positions. Marin, Denis Man, Mihaila, Hagi, etc, and several of their domestic players can play for lower/mid table Serie A teams as well. They just don't have top end talent or even CL quality players and a subpar backline. Gymcity, Hysaj and Kumbulla may better than anyone on their roster but I would think after than Romania has us beat in the rest.

If only we've had a decent domestic league. We've been blessed to have diaspora players carry our NT even if we get the leftovers or else we'd be like Bulgaria/Montenegro.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Albanian footballers have confidence issues. We even saw it against Andorra. If teams put a bit of pressure on us and press us fiercely we crack. If a team sits back and plays with low urgency we do very well...
artan

Princ wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:00 pm Czech Republic win probability currently ~60%, on average.

A draw here would be a great confidence booster ahead of Matchday 4 and 5.
I don't even think a win would do us any good. We've been decent with friendlies over the years and all it has done is give false justification for guys like Balaj to start after they score their worthless penalties. Time after time once the qualification matches start we get stomped. It's also why I didn't want to win the Nations league group because it was fools gold. Barely squeak by an amateurish group and thinking guys like Cikaleshi, Manaj, etc, are key players because they score on unmarked headers against Belarus.

We'll get a decent result against the Czech because it's a June friendly, no changes to the lineup/tactics will be made for the next matches and we'll proceed to get embarrassed by Poland and Hungary.
These users thanked the author artan for the post (total 2):
CanaYouDoItDallku
CanaYouDoIt

Correct, these teams are getting ready for the Euro's. Meanwhile instead of trying something different he keeps playing the same players in the same shit way.
RedFootballs

I think we should keep going with the 3-4-3/5-2-3 for the Czechs.Gives us a solid defense/midfield with counterattacking opportunities...

Strakosha/Berisha
Kumbulla-Djimsiti-Ismailji
Hysaj-Bare-Abrashi-Doka
___?___-Manaj/Cika-Uzuni

The only real question mark for me is right-wing, we have a decent idea of who's best everywhere else but we don't have a right-wing since Roshi went to the shitter. And he will be sorely missed, find a player more effective for Albania you can't despite how bad his club career.
Princ

Who else on the list is left to try? Reja activated 17 players at Wales.

These friendlies are against credible opponents looking to build up momentum for the upcoming tourney. We already defied the odds to take a draw at Wales, a team worth 3 times as much as Albania. Another positive result at Czech Republic would put the players in a prime mental state for September.

Recent results have been promising as Albania has won 4 of its last 5 official matches. Let us not be too pessimistic as the squad has looked organized and disciplined during this stretch.

Poland and Hungary will be our most important fixtures in 2 years. Now is not the time to make any changes, but to polish up tactics already in place.
These users thanked the author Princ for the post (total 2):
RedFootballsZenMaster
RedFootballs

Princ wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:11 am Who else on the list is left to try? Reja activated 17 players at Wales.

These friendlies are against credible opponents looking to build up momentum for the upcoming tourney. We already defied the odds to take a draw at Wales, a team worth 3 times as much as Albania. Another positive result at Czech Republic would put the players in a prime mental state for September.

Recent results have been promising as Albania has won 4 of its last 5 official matches. Let us not be too pessimistic as the squad has looked organized and disciplined during this stretch.

Poland and Hungary will be our most important fixtures in 2 years. Now is not the time to make any changes, but to polish up tactics already in place.
I don't put much stock into the 'worth' tab, a player like Djimsiti who is probably top10 of the entire world at CB is worth less than lenglet. But I agree with the sentiment of your whole post, I for one think that we are doing quite well given the constraints of our squad and that Reja doing ok..
  • Information