Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Let's see how Broja performs with us for Czechia. For me in general, he should start every single time if we are doing 2/3st but if we are playing a lone striker he needs to prove he's better than Manaj. Manaj has always played well for us and with desire.
CanaYouDoIt

Princ wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:11 am Who else on the list is left to try? Reja activated 17 players at Wales.

These friendlies are against credible opponents looking to build up momentum for the upcoming tourney. We already defied the odds to take a draw at Wales, a team worth 3 times as much as Albania. Another positive result at Czech Republic would put the players in a prime mental state for September.

Recent results have been promising as Albania has won 4 of its last 5 official matches. Let us not be too pessimistic as the squad has looked organized and disciplined during this stretch.

Poland and Hungary will be our most important fixtures in 2 years. Now is not the time to make any changes, but to polish up tactics already in place.

Are you gonna sit here and tell me the best course of action is to call up Bekim Balaj and continue to hoof long balls to him for 60 mins ?
artan

The point is to try new players. I get the U21 had a match so some players maybe weren't available but now is the time to experiment. It seems like every other team in our position (who didn't qualify for the Euros) expiremented.

What I would have done:

From the U21: Broja, Ismalgjeci, Muci, Mitaj, Marku
New Callups: Mehmeti, Rroca, Imeri
Superliga: Asani, Cinari, Bregu

I get half the guys I listed may be worst the guys on the squad but the point is to experiment and test new strategies when you have back to back friendlies. The superliga players are more throw ins but it doesn't hurt to see what they can do. I get Bajrami didn't work but FIFA can be weird so even trying to poach up diaspora players should be tried too. After all, Mehmeti was born and raised in England and had no issues playing with the U21.

Realistically, we know what to expect from a Balaj-Manaj partnership up front. You can give them 10 more exhibition matches to try and get them on the same page but it still won't happen.
Dallku

I'd rather judge by what these u21 players do at their clubs.

The u21 performances are always deceiving because the level is so low. Kallaku is a prime example. He looked like Zidane for the u21 but looks like a fish out of water in senior football. The first goal Broja scored against Andorra is impossible to replicate in the seniors. Nobody lets you do that.
Plako
Team: Partizani

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:50 pm
Plako wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:47 pm Only difference is we didn’t concede in the last minute.
All I wish from this team is for the defence not to shit their pants last minute. Everything else is a bonus.

The more clean sheets we keep the better, even if it's a friendly.
Agreed. We're a long way from having a decent midfield/forward line to score so keeping a clean shit and nicking a lucky goal is the only way forward right now.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

There was no Broja in none of the videos ot the FA in Czech Republic. Don’t know what’s the point in lying that he will play one game with the U21 and then join the seniors, he’s probably gone home.
Dallku

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:52 pm There was no Broja in none of the videos ot the FA in Czech Republic. Don’t know what’s the point in lying that he will play one game with the U21 and then join the seniors, he’s probably gone home.
That was probably the initial plan but they changed their minds. Probably because Balaj needs play time to find a new club. He's projected to be in the lineup again.
CanaYouDoIt

It’s actually a disgrace what they’re doing. The longer we continue with this the worse it’s gonna get.

Also why the hell was Kastrati not called up, Selmani looked ok with his feet but didn’t look comfortable. You’re telling me the keepers from Albania are better than a guy who did well in the Serie B ?
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:22 pm It’s actually a disgrace what they’re doing. The longer we continue with this the worse it’s gonna get.

Also why the hell was Kastrati not called up, Selmani looked ok with his feet but didn’t look comfortable. You’re telling me the keepers from Albania are better than a guy who did well in the Serie B ?
Kastrati plays in better team and league just because he has double citizenship but clearly Selmani is better keeper than him.
These users thanked the author ZenMaster for the post:
CanaYouDoIt
Kuqaloshi maoist
CanaYouDoIt

ZenMaster wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:38 pm
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:22 pm It’s actually a disgrace what they’re doing. The longer we continue with this the worse it’s gonna get.

Kastrati plays in better team and league just because he has double citizenship but clearly Selmani is better keeper than him.
It must be known I don't watch either but the other two keepers , are they really better than a guy playing in a much better league?
  • Information