Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Princ

Unfortunate finish against a bigger, stronger team like Czech Republic.

Wonder if losing Berisha may have cost us a result here.
Dallku

Honestly it was a good game. I learned a lot from it.

- WIngbacks are a problem. Hysaj is obviously the best and he's missing and even he is not a true wingback but a traditional FB. Still light years better than Trashi or Doka or Veseli.
- Same on the left side. Lenjani has to retire.
- Abrashi is great when you surround him with technical players. Besides Bare that's not the case so Abrashi gets exposed on the ball.
- Bare is the best midfielder by far.
- Selmani is good with his feet but the goals conceded is exactly why taller gk's are preferred. Short gks can only reach so much and have their cons.
- Manaj will never ever ever play in a top 4 league. I'm willing to bet anyone. He's a guaranteed 3rd or 2nd (at best) division player. Even Cika who's miles better than him never had hope of playing in a good league.
These users thanked the author Dallku for the post (total 2):
Simboli i DiellitZenMaster
CanaYouDoIt

Nothing unfortunate about that, they had all the good chances, we scored 1 wondergoal.
CanaYouDoIt

Dallku wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:12 pm Honestly it was a good game. I learned a lot from it.

- WIngbacks are a problem. Hysaj is obviously the best and he's missing and even he is not a true wingback but a traditional FB. Still light years better than Trashi or Doka or Veseli.
- Same on the left side. Lenjani has to retire.
- Abrashi is great when you surround him with technical players. Besides Bare that's not the case so Abrashi gets exposed on the ball.
- Bare is the best midfielder by far.
- Selmani is good with his feet but the goals conceded is exactly why taller gk's are preferred. Short gks can only reach so much and have their cons.
- Manaj will never ever ever play in a top 4 league. I'm willing to bet anyone. He's a guaranteed 3rd or 2nd (at best) division player. Even Cika who's miles better than him never had hope of playing in a good league.
100% facts here.

RejaOut
Dallku

I don't know if he has anything left in the tank and he just came of a long injury, but Albania really needs to consider bringing Xhaka back. His stability on both ends is needed. Xhaka-Abrahi-Bare midfield is too short but maybe it could work. Kallaku and Cekici aint it. They are Albania league cowards.
These users thanked the author Dallku for the post:
RedFootballs
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Going off by highlights on this one

I didn't blame Reja much for the last game, but this one was wtf. Our corners suck offensively and defensively. Offensively we risk getting scored on because our defenders don't get back in time, and we're not a threat. Defensively, that 3rd goal was a joke. You got 3 tall CBs and some random guy scores a header like that?

Why is Veseli playing as a wingback? How are you going to create an offence of any kind like that? Wingbacks should open up the game. Him and retiree Lenjani are not going to create an offence.

Kumbulla is too much of a ball watcher. I've noticed this in Roma too. First goal was his fault. Hopefully, that improves with experience.

Cikalleshi scoring that goal pretty much sums up our offence. Just take 20 random potshots and hope one lands.
Dallku wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:26 pm I don't know if he has anything left in the tank and he just came of a long injury, but Albania really needs to consider bringing Xhaka back. His stability on both ends is needed. Xhaka-Abrahi-Bare midfield is too short but maybe it could work. Kallaku and Cekici aint it. They are Albania league cowards.
I don't get your hatred of Kallaku. Have we ever been losing with him on the field? We've always either won or tied.

Fact of the matter is he's our best passer. He just needs to ramp up the intensity.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Talking of Manaj the most recent rumours are that he ends up in Segunda. Segunda is a very strong league and there are good players in there so I wouldn't mind if he moves there, as long as he gets regular playing time and scores.

- Bare's FM potential for a few years now has been extremely high and thinking back, it looks like they were right. With his skill and technique on the ball he could easily fill a role for a top4 league team and even play in the EL or somethingimo.

- We need Balliu back! Been a super important player for Almeria and absolutely a starter. Also technical which we need at WB.

- So sad that we didn't cap Vedat Muriqi or Mergim Berisha ages ago. Looks like Berisha will go to play for Kosova too. It's funny how both teams' needs are both being unfilled, we are having quality defenders every day that we dont need and they are receiving quality attackers that they dont need
These users thanked the author RedFootballs for the post:
ZenMaster
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

Dallku wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:26 pm I don't know if he has anything left in the tank and he just came of a long injury, but Albania really needs to consider bringing Xhaka back. His stability on both ends is needed. Xhaka-Abrahi-Bare midfield is too short but maybe it could work. Kallaku and Cekici aint it. They are Albania league cowards.
Exactly! They are just too scared to take initiative and both very weak physically, they can't make 2-3 meters forward with ball on their feet. Last time we saw Ndoj he made so many mistakes but isn't afraid to take responsibility so if he plays constantly in his team, i would like to give him another chance. Xhaka has personality and is decent set piece taker, even if doesn't play with same intensity as before his experience will definitely help us.
These users thanked the author ZenMaster for the post:
RedFootballs
Kuqaloshi maoist
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

Probably he didn't saw it was Reja but that was definitively red card.
https://twitter.com/Coufi5/status/14023 ... 34756?s=20
Kuqaloshi maoist
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

I still can't really judge Kallaku. One thing I will say is on such a weak attacking team as this, passive midfielders won't much benefit.

Keeping this in mind would Bajrami fit well? @CanaYouDoIt thinks he's more of a final third midfielder which we could use in finishing goals but will be defensive enough for Albania. He'd be an undisputed starter but I'm wondering if 343 is good for him or not
  • Information