Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Plako
Team: Partizani

RedFootballs wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:07 pm Not gonna lie we looked more positive in our attack today. Curiously it was our defense who fucked up the most. That's what happens when you start Trashi and Veseli as your fullbacks, with less luck they both would have ended up in Superliga..

We need to start Broja I'm done with his 'vulnerabilities' or him 'playing badly' all our forwards can't finish for shit and at least he has a different mentality and some goals in him
Zero consistency from this bunch. Still an overall positive performance.
These users thanked the author Plako for the post:
RedFootballs
CanaYouDoIt

RedFootballs wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:57 pm I still can't really judge Kallaku. One thing I will say is on such a weak attacking team as this, passive midfielders won't much benefit.

Keeping this in mind would Bajrami fit well? @CanaYouDoIt thinks he's more of a final third midfielder which we could use in finishing goals but will be defensive enough for Albania. He'd be an undisputed starter but I'm wondering if 343 is good for him or not
I like Kallku, just needs to up the intensity and get stronger. Being in Albania till 23 didn’t help him.

As for Bajrami I agree , watching him for Empoli I don’t think he would suit this system. Doesn’t track back and like I said more a Bruno Fernandes type.
Dallku

What do you guys see in Kallaku? He does nothing. Just passes backwards and jogs on defense.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

I think he's good on the ball and has some set-piece talent we could use. But he doesn't have anything defensive and doesn't track back much, very scared of a tackle

He's still young so not the end product.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Dallku wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:10 pm What do you guys see in Kallaku? He does nothing. Just passes backwards and jogs on defense.
He is a good passer but with the attackers, “wingbacks” and midfielders he has around he won’t make any impact. Only Bare excelled along with Cikalleshi today.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Watching game now... RTSH commentator had it spot on. Czechs just throw endless bodies forward in offence, and we can't do anything because we have 0 counterattacking capability. They can put as much pressure on defence as they want, cause we won't punish them.

Offensively, I wouldn't even say the strikers are our worst part, but the wings. We have 0 wingplay. They're supposed to open up the game.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
artan

Wasn't able to catch the game but it seems like the same story over and over again over Reja's tenure. He makes Di Biasi look like a offensive guru. It seems like after every game I make the same post something like the wingbacks can't provide width/counter attacking which is crucial in a 3-5-2, which puts more pressure on our midfield who aren't good technically. Our two forwards are both trash and don't have the ability to help with possession nor can they stretch the backline with runs,. They are poor target men who play who try to do hold up play which causes further congestion in the pitch, this again creates more pressure for our midfield who get nervous and panics with the ball. One of them should at least try to stretch the backline with runs.

Reja really needs some balance in this lineup. He needs to bite the bullet and put an out and out pacey winger as a wingback opposite of Hysaj (not sure who that player is). He also needs to scrap two forwards and play with a more progressive 3-4-3. Playing with a second striker is a negative asset or if he plays with two strikers he can't have them both be target man. The balance is just way off and offensively this team always looks like they're playing Rugby.
These users thanked the author artan for the post:
Genti
artan

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:48 am Watching game now... RTSH commentator had it spot on. Czechs just throw endless bodies forward in offence, and we can't do anything because we have 0 counterattacking capability. They can put as much pressure on defence as they want, cause we won't punish them.

Offensively, I wouldn't even say the strikers are our worst part, but the wings. We have 0 wingplay. They're supposed to open up the game.
In a 3-5-2, the wingbacks are the most important position imo. They're essentially the only source for width in the lineup. and you kinda need them to bomb up and down the sideline to be successful. The wingbacks don't even have to be particulary good but just have really high work rates and not an amateur. In a 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 you get much more width as the fullbacks aren't asked to be sole wide players and they can overlap the wingers if needed. Too make it worst for us we have two hold up forwards and a centerback playing as wingback. I'm not sure what Reja is expecting.

I agree about the counter attack, a strong counter attack is needed to alleviate pressure and it's something I've been saying for years. Under Di Biasi the team had some counter attacking with Lenjani and Roshi in which their biggest contributions to the NT (Roshi's assist vs Portugal and Lenjani's goal vs Denmark). Under Di Biasi we bunkered but they had surprisingly decent counter attacking. I feel like I'm going crazy watching this team have 0 counter attack for the past 3 seasons. Reja has this team playing like a mid table Serie B team.
These users thanked the author artan for the post:
Aurora Bulkualis
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

De Biasi’s bunker was 4-5-1 or more like 9-1 which isolated the striker, but he had 2 people on the wings. Roshi aside, even Lila managed to get an assist at the EUROs.

Reja’s 3-5-2, is more like 5-3-2. Expect 3 central midfielders to somehow penetrate through defence with very little support from wings. That’s almost an impossible task unless you have world class midfield and strikers.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Dallku

This formation needs dynamic wingbacks. Veseli got himself in great positions to cross but he gave it to the goalkeeper every time.
  • Information