Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Plako
Team: Partizani

He hasn't had the best form lately for both club and country but hopefully this moves serves him well and is the change he needed.
artan

Hysaj to Lazio seems to be gaining momentum. Sarri wants him there.
Abrashi back to Grasshoppers
Roshi now a free agent. Time for the Albanian CR7 to terrorize the Turkish first Division
Eneo Bitri to FK Astana in Kazakhstan. Watch this dude get called up now
Dejvi Bregu to Samunspor (turkish first division)?
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

I think the whole Superliga will be in the Turkish First Division by this rate. Looks like their found the Albanian market
RedFootballs

After Emir Sahiti successful season with Sibenik the management of Hajduk Split consider him a very important player and with a new 4-year contract, is nailed on to start next season.

We should begin looking to call him up, at 22 years old he could become an important player for us. Grezda had the same situation until he became a thug.
RedFootballs

Ivan Balliu's insta PFP is still him with an Albanian jersey.

So sad that we choose to beg for bitchy and demanding players like Kamberi who aren't even an improvement on what we have but won't call a quality player at a position of need who wants to be called up. Our FSHF takes racial purity too far. It isn't even acceptable if they're white anymore, need to be fully shqip lol...

Most of the Swiss diasporas don't have a atom of patriotism in their blood, to make it worse we beg for their rejects that aren't even good enough for us. I'd rather a spanjol who's proud to wear our jersey then subpar players with terrible attitudes just because they're Swiss. FSHF enforcing this racial agendas on our NT holds our progress back. So many good players have been lost for us because of this shit.
artan

RedFootballs wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:17 am Ivan Balliu's insta PFP is still him with an Albanian jersey.

So sad that we choose to beg for bitchy and demanding players like Kamberi who aren't even an improvement on what we have but won't call a quality player at a position of need who wants to be called up. Our FSHF takes racial purity too far. It isn't even acceptable if they're white anymore, need to be fully shqip lol...

Most of the Swiss diasporas don't have a atom of patriotism in their blood, to make it worse we beg for their rejects that aren't even good enough for us. I'd rather a spanjol who's proud to wear our jersey then subpar players with terrible attitudes just because they're Swiss. FSHF enforcing this racial agendas on our NT holds our progress back. So many good players have been lost for us because of this shit.
It may be something else because I find it weird that he only got two appearances despite him being obviously better than the other wingback selections (Doka, Trashi, Veseli). Either Balliu has turned down callups and feel it's not worth it or Reja simply don't rate him. I'm leaning into that Reja doesn't rate him (there was articles in last November where Reja doesn't rate him) and Balliu at this point probably couldn't care less. I'm fairly certain if Balliu was a homegrown player he'd be starting though. I also don't think FSHF is too crazy about the racial purity, they were ready to cap Olayinka until Nigeria capped him last minute. We just don't have any good foreigners playing in Albania and able to neutralize to make it worthwhile.
These users thanked the author artan for the post:
RedFootballs
Dallku

Never understood the hype around Balliu and why some fans want him so badly. Is it because he's a foreigner and we just want one in there for the sake of it?

He's a career 2nd/3rd division player. We have countless players at that level. That's literally the problem.

Is he better than a Lenjani or Trashi let's say? Maybe but not by much if he even is. We are really not losing much guys. Seriously lol
artan

Dallku wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:16 am Never understood the hype around Balliu and why some fans want him so badly. Is it because he's a foreigner and we just want one in there for the sake of it?

He's a career 2nd/3rd division player. We have countless players at that level. That's literally the problem.

Is he better than a Lenjani or Trashi let's say? Maybe but not by much if he even is. We are really not losing much guys. Seriously lol
From what I know he's a fullback that appears to have decent technical skill which could have value to us. To say he's a 2nd/3rd division player is a bit unfair and he's more of a fringe 1st division player and good second division player (Spain, France). I guess the point is why even neutralize him to not even use him when the alternatives aren't better. Trashi plays for a Qatari club, he can't be taken seriously as a player for the NT.
Dallku

artan wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:29 am
Dallku wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:16 am Never understood the hype around Balliu and why some fans want him so badly. Is it because he's a foreigner and we just want one in there for the sake of it?

From what I know he's a fullback that appears to have decent technical skill which could have value to us. To say he's a 2nd/3rd division player is a bit unfair and he's more of a fringe 1st division player and good second division player (Spain, France). I guess the point is why even neutralize him to not even use him when the alternatives aren't better. Trashi plays for a Qatari club, he can't be taken seriously as a player for the NT.

He's pushing 30 and has only played once or twice in the French first division because his team got promoted but he didn't last there. Consistently he has been a 2nd division player. Its fair to say that's his level. Ndoj also played in Serie a one year but clearly he couldn't cope there. In Serie B however he's really good.

It's hard to take that seriously. If Albania gets foreigners then might as well get high quality foreigner not some scrub you can find anywhere.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

The hype around Balliu is that he's better than Doka and Trashi. That's it.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
  • Information