Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

artan wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:16 am
RedFootballs wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:17 am Ivan Balliu's insta PFP is still him with an Albanian jersey.

So sad that we choose to beg for bitchy and demanding players like Kamberi who aren't even an improvement on what we have but won't call a quality player at a position of need who wants to be called up. Our FSHF takes racial purity too far. It isn't even acceptable if they're white anymore, need to be fully shqip lol...

Most of the Swiss diasporas don't have a atom of patriotism in their blood, to make it worse we beg for their rejects that aren't even good enough for us. I'd rather a spanjol who's proud to wear our jersey then subpar players with terrible attitudes just because they're Swiss. FSHF enforcing this racial agendas on our NT holds our progress back. So many good players have been lost for us because of this shit.
It may be something else because I find it weird that he only got two appearances despite him being obviously better than the other wingback selections (Doka, Trashi, Veseli). Either Balliu has turned down callups and feel it's not worth it or Reja simply don't rate him. I'm leaning into that Reja doesn't rate him (there was articles in last November where Reja doesn't rate him) and Balliu at this point probably couldn't care less. I'm fairly certain if Balliu was a homegrown player he'd be starting though. I also don't think FSHF is too crazy about the racial purity, they were ready to cap Olayinka until Nigeria capped him last minute. We just don't have any good foreigners playing in Albania and able to neutralize to make it worthwhile.
Olayinka originally told Albanian media his callup was ready and he was about to be capped before a last minute intervention by Duka denying him. If not for FSHF he'd be playing for us now, maybe some people don't want that but he would've.

How FSHF won't touch Macedonian diaspora unless they are 100x better than what we have. What we're doing with Broja which in my opinion is motivated by him being English. Him and Mehmeti are quality enough for the seniors already it beggars belief they are still in the u21s.
RedFootballs

Dallku wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:16 am Never understood the hype around Balliu and why some fans want him so badly. Is it because he's a foreigner and we just want one in there for the sake of it?

He's a career 2nd/3rd division player. We have countless players at that level. That's literally the problem.

Is he better than a Lenjani or Trashi let's say? Maybe but not by much if he even is. We are really not losing much guys. Seriously lol
3rd division player is super harsh lol. I think more that he'd add some quality to our team and is better than what we have. He's a decently fast technical player who plays wingback and suits this scheme perfectly. If that's not a reason to call up a leading 2nd/fringe 1st player I don't know what is. Face it we start a LB who plays in Kuwait over that. You can't make sense of it.
artan

RedFootballs wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:46 pm
artan wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:16 am
RedFootballs wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:17 am Ivan Balliu's insta PFP is still him with an Albanian jersey.

So sad that we choose to beg for bitchy and demanding players like Kamberi who aren't even an improvement on what we have but won't call a quality player at a position of need who wants to be called up. Our FSHF takes racial purity too far. It isn't even acceptable if they're white anymore, need to be fully shqip lol...

Most of the Swiss diasporas don't have a atom of patriotism in their blood, to make it worse we beg for their rejects that aren't even good enough for us. I'd rather a spanjol who's proud to wear our jersey then subpar players with terrible attitudes just because they're Swiss. FSHF enforcing this racial agendas on our NT holds our progress back. So many good players have been lost for us because of this shit.
It may be something else because I find it weird that he only got two appearances despite him being obviously better than the other wingback selections (Doka, Trashi, Veseli). Either Balliu has turned down callups and feel it's not worth it or Reja simply don't rate him. I'm leaning into that Reja doesn't rate him (there was articles in last November where Reja doesn't rate him) and Balliu at this point probably couldn't care less. I'm fairly certain if Balliu was a homegrown player he'd be starting though. I also don't think FSHF is too crazy about the racial purity, they were ready to cap Olayinka until Nigeria capped him last minute. We just don't have any good foreigners playing in Albania and able to neutralize to make it worthwhile.
Olayinka originally told Albanian media his callup was ready and he was about to be capped before a last minute intervention by Duka denying him. If not for FSHF he'd be playing for us now, maybe some people don't want that but he would've.

How FSHF won't touch Macedonian diaspora unless they are 100x better than what we have. What we're doing with Broja which in my opinion is motivated by him being English. Him and Mehmeti are quality enough for the seniors already it beggars belief they are still in the u21s.
It's Olayinka's word against ours. I believe Olayinka used us as leverage to get a Nigerian call up which was always his wish and more power to him. He never was interested in us.
artan

Dallku wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:08 am
artan wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:29 am
Dallku wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:16 am Never understood the hype around Balliu and why some fans want him so badly. Is it because he's a foreigner and we just want one in there for the sake of it?

He's a career 2nd/3rd division player. We have countless players at that level. That's literally the problem.

Is he better than a Lenjani or Trashi let's say? Maybe but not by much if he even is. We are really not losing much guys. Seriously lol
From what I know he's a fullback that appears to have decent technical skill which could have value to us. To say he's a 2nd/3rd division player is a bit unfair and he's more of a fringe 1st division player and good second division player (Spain, France). I guess the point is why even neutralize him to not even use him when the alternatives aren't better. Trashi plays for a Qatari club, he can't be taken seriously as a player for the NT.

He's pushing 30 and has only played once or twice in the French first division because his team got promoted but he didn't last there. Consistently he has been a 2nd division player. Its fair to say that's his level. Ndoj also played in Serie a one year but clearly he couldn't cope there. In Serie B however he's really good.

It's hard to take that seriously. If Albania gets foreigners then might as well get high quality foreigner not some scrub you can find anywhere.
A fringe first division/good second division player will make him one of the better players in our NT. This is what Bare and Abrashi are. It's better than what Manaj, Balaj, Trashi, etc, are. The point is he's in a position of need and is probably better than the alternatives. It's one thing if he got a few appearances and wasn't very good but the fact he's barely played is weird.

How will Albania get any high quality foreigners? The only way possible is through direct ancestry (like Balliu) or through neutralizing a player that's playing in Albania for 5+ years. Good luck finding a quality Superliga player good enough for the NT.
RedFootballs

Add to the fact FSHF are extremely passive when dealing with diaspora/foreign players. We can't even bring ourselves to ask some good diaspora players to play for us, let alone naturalise foreigners. Guidara fell through for the same reason, him and Balliu are BOTH 'foreigners'. Tells a story.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Seems like Hysaj will go to Lazio. He'll be reunited with Sarri, who has coached him in every team since Serie B.

This is a good move. If it's anyone that can get the best out of Hysaj it's Sarri.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
RedFootballs

Taulant Seferi moves to Tirana on a permanent deal and is straight away loaned to Teuta. Strange isn't it.. lol
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

RedFootballs wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:18 pm Taulant Seferi moves to Tirana on a permanent deal and is straight away loaned to Teuta. Strange isn't it.. lol
Probably got loaned for two months because of Euro cups.
Dallku

Looks like Abanian league is still stuck on that amateur bullshit where they loan out players for the Euro cups. Surely no one in the world does this??
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Dallku wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:39 pm Looks like Abanian league is still stuck on that amateur bullshit where they loan out players for the Euro cups. Surely no one in the world does this??
Not even Luxembourg teams do it 😄
  • Information