Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Yeah but Parma was going bankrupt and DB got him the spot
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
artan

And it was a midseason loan to a relegation team.

Manaj had his opportunities in the top flights of European football and he squandered his chances. If you can barely score goals in the Spanish third division I don't know why any top division team would be interested.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

The only team interested in him seems his first team Cremonese. They play in Serie B now. That might happen.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Manaj has been linked to teams that are better than his level his whole career. Even at Albacete he was linked to Genoa, Stuttgart, and clubs above his level.

Simboli I saw that article on italian medias. Says Brescia and Cremonese are interested. That could be a cool link-up with Ndoj and get Ndoj back into the NT with Manaj.
But it's also reported Manaj rejected Segunda offers because he wants to play top-division so if that's the case I can't see why he'd go to second-tier. I think he'll find a top5 league club
RedFootballs

artan wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:23 pm And it was a midseason loan to a relegation team.

Manaj had his opportunities in the top flights of European football and he squandered his chances. If you can barely score goals in the Spanish third division I don't know why any top division team would be interested.
Tbf he hasn't played badly in the chances he's got. At Pescara he was doing pretty good with limited minutes until he punched the third string goalie in the face. At Albacete was really vital in their first season and absolutely a starter, nearly transferred to Bundesliga. And in his second season with Albacete he didn't start badly until he was excluded from the lineup again for a dressing room bustup then ostracised. All while he was partying and drinking every week. The reason he's in third division is not ability but his own doing. If he didn't pretend he is Ronaldo or Pele wherever he went then he might've not fell so far.

His season with Barca B has been pretty good but it's hard to tell at such a low level. I will say that not many goals are scored in this league in general and better players than Manaj have built a career of scoring a few in this league.
artan

RedFootballs wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:15 am
artan wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:23 pm And it was a midseason loan to a relegation team.

Tbf he hasn't played badly in the chances he's got. At Pescara he was doing pretty good with limited minutes until he punched the third string goalie in the face. At Albacete was really vital in their first season and absolutely a starter, nearly transferred to Bundesliga. And in his second season with Albacete he didn't start badly until he was excluded from the lineup again for a dressing room bustup then ostracised. All while he was partying and drinking every week. The reason he's in third division is not ability but his own doing. If he didn't pretend he is Ronaldo or Pele wherever he went then he might've not fell so far.

His season with Barca B has been pretty good but it's hard to tell at such a low level. I will say that not many goals are scored in this league in general and better players than Manaj have built a career of scoring a few in this league.
What's the catch? Is manaj your cousin?
Dallku

artan wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:08 am
What's the catch? Is manaj your cousin?

Lol I was wondering as well because he said that he watches his club games too. Either he's related or a big fan.

You couldn't pay me enough to watch Spanish 3rd division.
RedFootballs

I watch most club games of NT starters when I can. I still have hope he can be a decent player for us. You lot said the same about Uzuni when I said he could play on a top4 league so don't blame me for being optimistic. Unlike some here I actually hope our players become good. I can't say it surprises me that Uzuni or Manaj are talentless bums to some of you, the consensus on Broja here a few weeks ago was he should stay U21. He will be Albania's best striker in history, when a CL winning team sees something in him and we don't that's our problem. Typical Albanian pessimism

Ernest Muçi scored in Legia's friendly this week but it looks like it'll be another year until he starts with any consistency, the coach is very conservative with playing talents and Muçi himself isn't the finished product as of yet
CanaYouDoIt

I see the talent of Muci , only 20 and if he works hard he can easily get a move to a top 5 league from Poland.

Manaj on the other hand ... he's just shit.
RedFootballs

Moving to Legia for Muci was a move which took real balls, it's difficult for anyone to play in that league let alone a U19 Albanian in his first move away from Albania. The coach is often complimentary of him but doesn't play him very much, we'll see if he can get some more minutes next season. He's adjusting to the pace, as a youngster coming from Albanian Superliga it can be hard to play on a better team instantly without improving a bit.
  • Information