Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Plako
Team: Partizani

artan wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:05 am
Dallku wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:00 pm I watched a bit of Vrioni recently. He knows how to make the safe pass (at least) but he's a traditional Albanian striker in the same mold as:

Sadiku, Balaj, Manaj, Salihi, Kapllani.

These players are all pretty much identical. Undersized/wannabe target men with very limited speed and technique. They can't create for themselves or others. They also have one thing in common. Guess what it is?

It's amazing how often Albania produces strikers like that. Bogdani was unique in that he was a legit target man with amazing hold up play but he wasn't a great scorer, same with Tare. Cikalleshi was also a bit different, a bit more versatile but in case you guys didn't know Cika started his career as a winger so it makes sense. Broja is definitely very unique. He's tall like Bogdani but with great pace. I don't think we ever had a striker like this.

Problem with the "traditional" Albanian striker is that it's not an underdog type of striker. We don't create enough to give them tap-ins. For Albania and all underdogs the strikers can't be so one-dimensional because then the team becomes even easier to defend.
These kind of strikers are the easiest to produce and virtually every nation produces these kind of strikers. Everytime we play the likes of Kazakhstan I see no different in quality or play style in Balaj and co and their strikers. For Albania the youth set up is so bad that technical play isn't developed and you only get goons who come through the ranks. These kind of forwards are useless and like you said they can only score tap ins. Unfortauntely for us they're not very good at that either so they need 3 golden chances to put one in. It's why they only score penalties (Balaj) or on unmarked headers against the minnows of Europe (Cikaleshi). It's why were at such an disadvantage when we start two of these forwards, it's like playing with 9 men.

It's why I also have hope for Muci who came through the Albanian set up and is completely opposite of these forwards. Ironically, if Muci had manaj's workrate he could really be a really good player.
Germany with its immense football infrastructure is struggling to produce strikers. Albania with its utter lack of football infrastructure can only hope a Switzerland, Germany or England (in Broja's case) can do it for us. Muci will be lucky if he makes it to Turkey or Serie B.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Dallku wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:02 pm
RedFootballs wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:41 pm Galatasary is dead set on Nedim Bajrami (what happened to his court case? Did we lose??) I hope he doesn't make that move so early in his career, he really has talent to at least play at a top6 Serie A club.
Did Fshf ever confirm they were going to court for him? I know Alb newspapers said it but we know how full of it they are.
Bajrami did a interview with Panorama saying his case was being dealt with by FSHF in court
CanaYouDoIt

So Barca have been saved with a huge investment. No need to penny punch so the end of Manaj
RedFootballs

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:46 pm So Barca have been saved with a huge investment. No need to penny punch so the end of Manaj
All of it is going to registering Messi and new new signings, if they want to keep him he can stay but they didn't anyway. He wouldn't have gotten minutes
Dallku

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:46 pm So Barca have been saved with a huge investment. No need to penny punch so the end of Manaj
The biggest mistake Barcelona would make is sell Manaj. They will regret it when he ends up at Real Madrid in a few years.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Dallku wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:59 pm
The biggest mistake Barcelona would make is sell Manaj. They will regret it when he ends up at Real Madrid in a few years.
Yea imagine Rey scoring at “La coppa del Rey” final against Barca 😑
Dallku

What a goal by Muci. Outside the box again.

This nazi Polak team still benches him.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Dallku wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:45 pm What a goal by Muci. Outside the box again.

This nazi Polak team still benches him.
It took 7 minutes to score after he entered.
He needs these kind of goals to get playing time. Legia is bad for developing young players.

https://streamable.com/b3oakp?fbclid=Iw ... vvgFW5ydAs
RedFootballs

Goal against DZ too, really proving his worth.
artan

What a goal by Muci. I've been saying this for over a year now but Muci may be the best player to come out of Albania in the past 20 years. He's always passed the eye test for me when he was with Tirana and his ability to control the game was impressive. This guy has the vision, touch, passing ability and creativity that is never produced in Albania. I always thought Muci and Broja were the long term forward partnership for the NT whereas Muci is the creative forward (like a mini Zlatan) and Broja is the out and out striker but that timeline should be pushed forward. Let them pair with eachother in September. No more Manaj and Cika pairing.

And like Dalku said Legia is retarded. They loaded up on average strikers this summer.
  • Information