Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

CanaYouDoIt

Yeah I didnt know that too, makes me more worried, we're not gonna win this .
Dallku

They definitely have home field advantage to say the least. :rrokullisem:
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Dallku wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:59 pm Looks like Bajrami's court is in a few days. If he's accepted then he will be part of the team in the upcoming matches.

https://www.tas-cas.org/en/general-info ... ngs-4.html

CAS 2021/A/8075 Football Association of Albania (FFA) & Nedim Bajrami v. Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) & Swiss Football Association (SFA)
If we have good quality lawyers we should win this, the argument is that Bajrami doesn't have any link to albania (Which I'm sure can be easily disproved either through his actual heritage or fabricating something)

With the name Nedim Bajrami he at least has a GM or GF in Albania
CanaYouDoIt

Problem is I think he's from NM, which as we know wont count as Albania but I'm just hoping one of his grandparents was born during WW2 which at the time it did count as Albania. Politics screwing us over yet again.

But as I've said the whole time we all know he's Albanian and they don't get the right to say he isn't.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Jorginho got Italian citizenship since he had a great-grandparent in Italy. If they count greats, he should have at least one.

But they should mention that he is ethnically Albanian. They are legally recognized as an ethnic "minority" in Macedonia.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Dallku

Wait, I thought the case against him was that he was capped by Swiss u21 while he was 21+ because it's based on new FIFA rules.

When did his heritage become an issue?
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Dallku wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:40 pm Wait, I thought the case against him was that he was capped by Swiss u21 while he was 21+ because it's based on new FIFA rules.

Actually it was FIFA’s main mistake to justify their defense on Albania’s apeal to CAS on heritage and shaddy citizenship procurement. At the end of the day every country has it’s own laws to give away citizenships. The Albanian law states that it can be given to any ethnic albanian and it’s above the FA’s power. It seemed weird to me aswell how could FIFA base their defense on something like this because Bajrami could become the nect excuse example for future players that want to switch.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Simboli i Diellit wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:46 pm
Dallku wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:40 pm Wait, I thought the case against him was that he was capped by Swiss u21 while he was 21+ because it's based on new FIFA rules.

Actually it was FIFA’s main mistake to justify their defense on Albania’s apeal to CAS on heritage and shaddy citizenship procurement. At the end of the day every country has it’s own laws to give away citizenships. The Albanian law states that it can be given to any ethnic albanian and it’s above the FA’s power. It seemed weird to me aswell how could FIFA base their defense on something like this because Bajrami could become the nect excuse example for future players that want to switch.
Is that really their main argument??
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
CanaYouDoIt

If that is their main argument they're gonna lose because he's Albanian full stop.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:48 pm
Simboli i Diellit wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:46 pm

Is that really their main argument??
It seems so. Actually one month ago PS published this:

http://www.panorama.com.al/sport/gjyqi- ... -bajramin/
  • Information