Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Dallku

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:03 pm True he didn't.
There is no way FSHF can legally win this.

But some sort of "forgiveness" and amnesty ruling can take place because the time frame is just unfair. These new FIFA laws are recent(no more than 1 year?).. That's also when Bajrami applied for Albanian citizenship.

So it depends if CAS and FIFA want to be assholes(follow the legal laws strictly) or just give Albania and Bajrami a break.
These users thanked the author Dallku for the post:
RedFootballs
CanaYouDoIt

Pep looking to manage a national team after his contract runs out, you thinking what I'm thinking ?
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:09 am Pep looking to manage a national team after his contract runs out, you thinking what I'm thinking ?
Pep would kill himself after 2 games with our midfielders Lmaooo.
CanaYouDoIt

RedFootballs wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:30 am
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:09 am Pep looking to manage a national team after his contract runs out, you thinking what I'm thinking ?
lol just hoping there's some good young midfielders in the diaspora. Outside of Keidi Bare the seniors are lacking any techinal midfielders who are young. Tim Civeja looks good in Germany, just came off a long term injury , I'm thinking call him up just to make him ours, there's also a few other young German Albanians coming through, just hope we can snag a few from this generation.
These users thanked the author CanaYouDoIt for the post:
RedFootballs
CanaYouDoIt

Elvis Rexhbeçaj is who I was remembering, he turns 24 soon, won't make it for Germany, gotta at least try and get him. Another Mavraj situation.
RedFootballs

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:46 am
RedFootballs wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:30 am
lol just hoping there's some good young midfielders in the diaspora. Outside of Keidi Bare the seniors are lacking any techinal midfielders who are young. Tim Civeja looks good in Germany, just came off a long term injury , I'm thinking call him up just to make him ours, there's also a few other young German Albanians coming through, just hope we can snag a few from this generation.
I had hope for Meritan Shabani but he's been injured many times long-term now. I like Mehmeti from Wycombe he hasn't been starting the season but he looks like he has potential.

Bastian Toma, Rexhbecaj, Domgjoni, are diaspora ones we can go for who aren't good enough for their home country altho this FIFA ruling might obstruct that
RedFootballs

Dallku wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:55 pm

But some sort of "forgiveness" and amnesty ruling can take place because the time frame is just unfair. These new FIFA laws are recent(no more than 1 year?).. That's also when Bajrami applied for Albanian citizenship.

So it depends if CAS and FIFA want to be assholes(follow the legal laws strictly) or just give Albania and Bajrami a break.
CAS may rule like that as when Bajrami made the appearance the rules at the time wouldn't have tied him to Switzerland. It's unfair to make changes that tie him to Switzerland after the fact.
CanaYouDoIt

RedFootballs wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:26 pm
Dallku wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:55 pm

CAS may rule like that as when Bajrami made the appearance the rules at the time wouldn't have tied him to Switzerland. It's unfair to make changes that tie him to Switzerland after the fact.
Correct , he last played for them in 2020 and the rules came into effect in 2021
Dallku

Looks like Taulant refused the callup.

He could've helped in this already thin central midfield but oh well.
artan

Our midfield is going to be awful. Having two of Laci, Ramadani or Gjasula next to Bare is going to be awful. I wouldn't mind giving Cekici a chance next to Bare in the midfield to alleviate some of the burden off Bare on the creativity. I really hope Balliu gets called up because we can't be playing Memolla, Trashi or Doka as a wingback. We already have too many amateurs in the lineup. Reja should switch to a 3-4-3 if he had any balls.

This is all assuming Bajrami is not allowed.
  • Information