Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

Klejdi1023

We attack our players with this second division argument a bit too much, I’d rather they play in second division Top 4 leagues then in places like Croatia,Hungary, Russia, Poland, etc. But yea other leagues second divisions should be a definite no no.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Klejdi1023 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:21 pm We attack our players with this second division argument a bit too much, I’d rather they play in second division Top 4 leagues then in places like Croatia,Hungary, Russia, Poland, etc. But yea other leagues second divisions should be a definite no no.
Spanish 2nd division is a better league than Hungary/Croatia/Poland/Kuwait/Romania and other leagues we have called up players from. The '2nd division' doesn't mean anything if it's a good league,
Dallku

Meh wouldn't care if the Kuwait player didn't get called up either. It's a case of deciding which shit smells better.. Would rather skip that.

I know Qazim Laci is probably one of the best Albanian midfielders right now (sadly). Will I be upset if he doesn't get called up? Nope.

That's a level Albania needs to graduate from and slowly getting there. You have to face rivals like Poland who are filled with high level players.
Klejdi1023

Dallku wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:58 pm Meh wouldn't care if the Kuwait player didn't get called up either. It's a case of deciding which shit smells better.. Would rather skip that.

I know Qazim Laci is probably one of the best Albanian midfielders right now (sadly). Will I be upset if he doesn't get called up? Nope.

That's a level Albania needs to graduate from and slowly getting there. You have to face rivals like Poland who are filled with high level players.
It would be nice if all our players played in top 4 leagues, but let's be realistic that will not happen, at least not anytime soon. Also, it's important to look at players on a case by case basis, we had Kukeli, Xhaka, and Abrashi all playing in Swiss League when we made the Euros, and they were miles better than Veseli who has played in Serie A for example.
Dallku

Well yeah but Xhaka and Abrashi weren't just regular Swiss leaguers. Abrashi secured himself a Bundesliga move but injuries slowed him down and Xhaka was always part of Basel(a regular Champions League team that was competitive against anyone).
Princ

Klejdi1023 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:21 pm We attack our players with this second division argument a bit too much, I’d rather they play in second division Top 4 leagues then in places like Croatia,Hungary, Russia, Poland, etc. But yea other leagues second divisions should be a definite no no.
Sadiku scored 13 goals in 2019-20 playing in the Spanish 2nd division but got run out of Poland and could not buy a minute in Turkey.

I would usually prefer fielding a player from a top team in a smaller league, who gets a chance to play in the European Cups, but there can be exceptions.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Sadiku is probably hiding a bad injury so he can collect some paycheques for a few more years. The guy is clearly not in top shape physically.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:31 am Sadiku is probably hiding a bad injury so he can collect some paycheques for a few more years. The guy is clearly not in top shape physically.
He broke both his knees, even very high level althletes when they recover it’s almost 80% of the form they’ve had previously. For a defender that isn’t that important as for the midfielders or strikers who have to pass them one on one but Sadiku’s strongest ability were long range shots. He can’t do that anymore, he’ll just wander around playing it safe or score tap-ins.

Ps. Memushaj has had some knee interventions (staminal cell infiltrations) at the hospital where i work that might regenerate his knee articulations giving him the possibility to play for another 6-7 years 😂
CanaYouDoIt

Hey Reja out right now , just seen the team and it’s the same old shit with Balaj in the squad .

Also calling up Cepele, a 17 year old who doesn’t even play senior football is so stupid , might as well call up every young Albanian if that’s the case . Anyway not looking forward to 2 games of defending for 90 mins launching long balls to cikalleshi and balaj
Klejdi1023

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:01 pm Hey Reja out right now , just seen the team and it’s the same old shit with Balaj in the squad .

Also calling up Cepele, a 17 year old who doesn’t even play senior football is so stupid , might as well call up every young Albanian if that’s the case . Anyway not looking forward to 2 games of defending for 90 mins launching long balls to cikalleshi and balaj
Was thinking the same thing, such a trash list… this guy will never learn man, so annoying
  • Information