Albanian National Team [General topic]

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

Klejdi1023

Princ wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:35 pm
Klejdi1023 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:21 pm We attack our players with this second division argument a bit too much, I’d rather they play in second division Top 4 leagues then in places like Croatia,Hungary, Russia, Poland, etc. But yea other leagues second divisions should be a definite no no.
Sadiku scored 13 goals in 2019-20 playing in the Spanish 2nd division but got run out of Poland and could not buy a minute in Turkey.

I would usually prefer fielding a player from a top team in a smaller league, who gets a chance to play in the European Cups, but there can be exceptions.
Sadiku has been in a gradual decline since after the Euros, he had a good season that year with Malaga true, but in this case the failures have to do more with the player than the league. I do see your point of playing in European cups, but these teams if they do qualify for group stages they play like 6 games, whereas in La Liga 2 for instance there are 22 teams, at least half of them easily capable of playing in La Liga.
Dallku

Cepele must have some sort of secret contract with FSHF. Maybe it's for switching from Italy. He looked like a decent talent but he's an amateur literally. Mitaj also is absolutely not ready. He's a reserve for a club that was eliminated by a Bosniak team. These two are u21 level at best.

I don't know what contract Balaj has. Dude has been rewarded since his fluke goal against Portugal in 2014.

I don't mind Roshi getting rewarded. He has given Albania a lot and never disappointed.

The Ramadanis, Hoxhallaris, etc are Seferi category - Players you have find a bunch better than even in the Alb league. Extremely low level.

Albania better hope for a miracle in the upcoming days for Bajrami. That midfield and chance creation looks pretty bad.
These users thanked the author Dallku for the post:
CanaYouDoIt
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Even with Bajrami our other midfielders are typical antifootballers. Reja should’ve been fired with last qualifiers. The list doesn’t make sense.
These users thanked the author Simboli i Diellit for the post:
CanaYouDoIt
CanaYouDoIt

It honestly pisses me off so fucking much. I've said this before but its like the incompetence running our country, so much potential ruined by a couple old guys clinging onto power making as much money for themselves.

Bekim Balaj is playing in a shit league and hasn't scored a single goal, why is he called up. Cepele is not good enough to be called up, why is he called up? Ramadani , Hoxhallari , Trashi are all shit , why are they called up?

He's a useless manager, going to play the same old system and we're gonna lose 2/3-0 to the Hungarians and Polish. We have enough talent now to at least be competitive with them, there are no more exucses. He had this chance to freshen things up.
Dallku

Roshi actually got 84 minutes yesterday. That's very important.

Yes obviously the league is beyond shit but that's a sign of decent fitness. A fit Roshi >>>>>>> .... Even if he has lost a bit of pace. If there is anyone who can do miracles for Albania it's Roshi. Just saying.
CanaYouDoIt

Roshi I don't mind at all, he has been super effective at the international level especially as a super sub. Something like 12 G/A in 17 games before missing the whole of 2021 .
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Oh no. This is bad.

Trashi/Balaj/Hoxhallari/Cepele/Mitaj/Ramadani are not quality for Andorra let alone us. I'd rather call any youngsters over them Celhaka, Mehmeti, etc, where is Rroca? FSHF is just ignoring him
These users thanked the author RedFootballs for the post:
CanaYouDoIt
artan

Once again an uninspiring list. I just don't see how any of the issues that normally plague us got addressed in this call up. It's really going to be the same shit we've seen the last three years where we have no width/pace on the flanks, two forwards who are useless and a midfield who struggles to retain possession. If he continues to start Manaj and Cika as the forward pairing along with one of Trashi/Doka at fullback and one of Ramadani/Laci in the midfield we're guaranteed to lose 2-0 to Poland and at best we'll get a draw against Hungary. Playing with 4 borderline amatuers is like playing with 9 men as each of them counts as a .5 of a player. And calling up Cepele to the Senior NT as oppsoed to the U21 where he should be is comical.

Reja really needs to grow a pair and get some attacking players in the lineup. Uzuini, Broja, Muci and even Cekici provide some options.

I'd just play the young guys and call it a day.
---------Broja
-----Uzuini---Muci
Mitaj-Gjasula-Bare-Hysaj
--Kumbulla-Gym-Imsajli
--------Strakosha
These users thanked the author artan for the post:
CanaYouDoIt
artan

RedFootballs wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:10 pm Oh no. This is bad.

Trashi/Balaj/Hoxhallari/Cepele/Mitaj/Ramadani are not quality for Andorra let alone us. I'd rather call any youngsters over them Celhaka, Mehmeti, etc, where is Rroca? FSHF is just ignoring him
Celhaka and Mehmeti shouldn't be with the Seniors either. These guys should be getting playing time with the U21 and realistically both still have lots to prove. I think Mitaj is better than Trashi at the left wingback spot but I don't think Reja will even consider playing him and if that's the case Mitaj should be with the u21. Same with Muci who I think deserves a chance to start but obviously won't since Rreja is married to the Manaj/Cika forward pairing.
Dallku

The worst part about this underwhelming list is that as much as we want, we can't really claim "this guy got snubbed" or this other guy deserves and whatnot. The alternatives are pretty limited right now.

Maybe Emir Sahiti because he scored a nice goal? But 1 goal and assist in 6 games as an attacker in Croatia is not exactly killing it.

Maybe Vrioni over Balaj? Sure you can make a case there but it would be better if neither of them would play. Lets be honest.

Rroca played a whole year in the Turkish 2nd division and no 1st division team picked him up. That's an automatic red flag.

Who else is there??
  • Information