Poland vs. Albania - World Cup Qualifiers Europe - September 2, 2021

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

artan

Eh, we have much bigger concerns than Berisha starting.

I’m more worried about the useless striker pairing of Manaj and Cikaleshi that don’t offer any versatility or technical skills. I’m worried that Trashi will be a complete liability on the left. I’m worried that we’ll have an amateur in the midfielder like Ramadani starter. I’m worried like usual we won’t have no pace, width or creativity in the lineup.

Goalkeeper is the least of our worries.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Dallku wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:45 pm
RedFootballs wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:36 pm We have tendency on this site to take the lowest level possible our players have played at out of context and say it is their level.

Strakosha is not 'low Serie A level' and Berisha is not 'Serie B level',

Strakosha had been playing well and was benched when he had a long layoff because of COVID. Not his fault.

Berisha played for SPAL to get them promoted and was on one of the highest wages in the team and moved after a year when they didn't get promoted.

Berisha was leaking goals left and right for SPAL and was a big reason why they got relegated. Now he's a back-up for a mid/bottom Serie a team so you do the math.

Samir Ujkani also just signed with Empoli to be their back-up. Are you saying with a straight face that Samir Ujkani is a Serie A level gk?

We need to judge players based on what they have accomplished/proven so far. We all want them to be high level but wishful thinking is not reality.
But seriously look at what you said. You said Strakosha is a 'low Serie A goalkeeper'.

He played 4 straight seasons with Lazio as a complete starter, being vital to their success and at one point being talked about as one of the best goalkeepers in Italy.

And because he got benched for half a season bc he had a bad case of COVID it takes ALL of that away? If he was 35 years old and isn't playing because he's washed up then I'd understand your analysis but you took his whole history out of context bc he got benched for half a season for reasons mostly out of his control.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Berisha is unlucky at Torino because the Slavic coach said since the begining that he was gonna “riscuottere” Milinkovic-Savic and it didn’t matter who Torino would sign because he would become the second GK. This sealed it since the begining. Milinkovic-Savic is a bad goalkeeper who at most could be a reserve at Torino, i’m expecting Berisha to become the first GK once Torino loses the first 5-6 games.

Strakosha on the other hand took a blow with COVID and made it easier for Inzaghi to relegate him to bench because he as Sarri prefer gk that are good with their feet. Even now in preseason games Strakosha is like a beast within the goalie but sucks with his feet and doesn’t give confidence to his defense team-mates. He’ll have plenty of playing time in EuropaLeague and Coppa Italia. He won’t renew his contract with Lazio and will move to Germany next season as free agent. Lazio is a bad place with a toxic environment for some players(especially friends of Tare) and Reina has a great net of friends within media/journnalists/influencers which makes it easier for him to get away with few bad performances. No chance Strakosha will retake his place at Lazio, he must leave next summer.
Dallku

RedFootballs wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:51 pm
But seriously look at what you said. You said Strakosha is a 'low Serie A goalkeeper'.

He played 4 straight seasons with Lazio as a complete starter, being vital to their success and at one point being talked about as one of the best goalkeepers in Italy.

And because he got benched for half a season bc he had a bad case of COVID it takes ALL of that away? If he was 35 years old and isn't playing because he's washed up then I'd understand your analysis but you took his whole history out of context bc he got benched for half a season for reasons mostly out of his control.

We need to be honest about Strakosha too. The only reason he was starting was because of the "young talent" label and they were looking to develop/cash on him... but he wasn't improving... He was actually making more mistakes in his later seasons than in his earlier ones. Lazio fans were losing their shit over him before Reina replaced him.

But I still think he's a Serie A level GK. For Torino he would probably start...
CanaYouDoIt

One thing with Strakoshka too , his contract ends in 2022 and he still hasn’t signed a new deal. I think it’s linked with that too. But he should be the no.1 , that’s no debate .
Dallku

Team for tomorrow will be as expected. https://www.supersport.al/zbulohet-form ... -polonise/

Albania still has plenty of professionals in there capable of holding on to a draw.

Counter attacking will be miserable though. 0 pace in midfield and attack. Cikalleshi could still pull something out of his ass like he did against the Czechs. Plus Roshi in the 2nd half.
Princ

Bare with a guaranteed spot in the lineup despite warming the bench at his club.

Laci has 450 minutes and 2 goals under his belt but is not short or bald enough to merit the start.
CanaYouDoIt

Princ wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:05 pm Bare with a guaranteed spot in the lineup despite warming the bench at his club.

Laci has 450 minutes and 2 goals under his belt but is not short or bald enough to merit the start.
Have you seen them play ? Bare is hands down better
CanaYouDoIt

All of us here would’ve got this formation . It’s predictable, boring and I can’t wait to defend for 90mins.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Disastrous tbh. Not getting Bajrami on time might cost us a World Cup.

If we get a draw here it will be a miracle.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
  • Information