Poland vs. Albania - World Cup Qualifiers Europe - September 2, 2021

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

artan

ZenMaster wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:35 am
artan wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:28 am If Trashi, Gjasula, Manaj and Cika are all starting it will be a 2-0 loss for us. Cika is an average poacher at best with no pace or technical ability, Manaj is a pitbull who is useless offensively, Gjasula is technically inept, Trashi is playing in a random Arab league and has no pace.

The same thing that has plagued us for the past three years will plague us again. We’ll lack creativity, width and pace. The wingbacks will be pinned back, the midfield will be under pressure and lose the ball, manaj and Cika will be useless as always.

Reja really needs to be aggressive.
So what's your argument? If Mitaj, Cekici, Broja and Muci would started we would ripped Poland apart? Poland in good day can beat us easily even we have Klopp or Guardiola as manager because it is obvious they have more quality than us. They will have 65-70% of ball possession but let's hope we can defend well and maybe we can snatch positive result because polish defence can be "very generous".
Reja has fielded the same line for a few years now and I can’t remember a favorable result we’ve had. Maybe Iceland?

The same flaws we’ve had constantly will show up again. We’ll struggle with possession which wouldn’t be that bad if we had a good counter attack but we know our counter attack might be one of the worst in Europe. Our forwards are mediocre goal poachers who will need a lot of service to score a goal. Where will this service come from? We’re basically praying Cikaleshi can score a banger and good luck with that being your offensive strategy. He’s shown he can only score against the minnows of Europe on open headers or in friendlies.

Atleast someone like uzuini can provide some counter attacking threat and is much more comfortable on the ball than Manaj or Cika. I don’t even know what league Trashi plays in at this point and he’s an amateur defender with no pace, is he going to cross the ball from the midfield again? Muci is a passive player but he has technical skills that our forwards don’t have and has shown he can score from long range. Point is this team needs balance and we don’t have any pace, width or creativity in the lineup. The imbalance of this team is comical and we always question why we get embarrassed by decent teams.

We’re just playing at this point for a draw. Good luck with that. We don’t even play to qualify anymore, we just play to not get embarrassed and to finish in 4th place.
These users thanked the author artan for the post:
CanaYouDoIt
CanaYouDoIt

ZenMaster wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:21 pm
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:37 pm Poland are not that great for them to have 70% possession and dominate , they’re in such poor form and we should take advantage. Time we stop this mentality that we’re inferior , we’re not.

We have a good team now to make the jump , the time is now .
It's has nothing to do with "inferior mentality" but if you compare Poland midfield with our midfield, it is obvious who will have more possession. We are lucky Poland doesn't have Zielinski and Klich tonight.
Yes it does, if you think like that going there for a draw you gain nothing. A draw isn't good enough for qualification, if you go there to not lose then you're admitting you have no hopes to qualify. If that's the case I don't care if we finish 3rd or last in the group .

Their best midfield not being there is precisely why we should not play for the draw.
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

Poland hasn’t lost a home game in 7 years. We would still be underdogs there with Bajrami or not. We can snatch a good result but the stars have to be aligned, our defense has been leaking goals against good teams from stupid blunders. I hope we don’t concede early so the pressure will be on Poland’s side and this way they’ll play more open.
These users thanked the author Simboli i Diellit for the post:
ZenMaster
Klejdi1023

I hate seeing Trashi start, it's like playing with 10 men. Put Uzuni or Roshi in his place, have some balls, plus it would throw off Poland, element of surprise is important too.
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Lineup out.

https://twitter.com/FSHForg/status/1433467826472460292

When will we bin Manaj-Cika? They clearly don't work well together. I think a Manaj-Broja pairing is good.
These users thanked the author RedFootballs for the post (total 2):
Simboli i DiellitCanaYouDoIt
CanaYouDoIt

What I expected , Reja is 74 , why would he change ?

Finish this campaign and then bin him , can't waste this generational defence on him.
CanaYouDoIt

I can tell you right now we're conceding a goal through Gjasula giving the ball away and the ball comes in between the right side where Ismajli and Kumbulla are , we get exposed so much there . Can't even set us up to defend properly.
Dallku

Doka RB and Hysaj LB would make more sense. I don't know how much Trashi can provide. Either way this midfield/attack will be pinned back with nowhere to go for most of the game. If they do win a set piece or a corner or two they need to take advantage.

I think a draw would be great here.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Will we even cross the halfway line with that midfield? Reja has an allergy to technical players.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Doka sucks tactically but he at least has pace which is more than what Trashi can offer.
  • Information