Poland vs. Albania - World Cup Qualifiers Europe - September 2, 2021

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: ZenMaster, Shpati

RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

The fact that we did not have Djimsiti man marking Lewa all game is a failure of tactics. This guy scored 42 goals in the Bundesliga alone last season and you don't think he's important enough to be manmarked? We didn't respect his threat enough. He was running the show.
Princ

Poland is a strong team that would give anyone a run for their money. They came out sharp and won the aerial duels. Albania got bullied into allowing 4 goals in a match awfully similar to the friendly at Czech Republic.

Midfielders were pitiful as they failed to provide protection ahead of the backline. Defenders just as bad but the formation does not do them any favors either. Goalkeeping has deteriorated.. all of Berisha, Strakosha and Selmani are shaky in net.

Cikalleshi did us all proud with the lone bright spot of the match tonight. It was a terrific goal to swing the momentum in our direction and get us back on track for a positive result. He has been our MVP for years now!
These users thanked the author Princ for the post:
Genti
Simboli i Diellit
Team: AC Milan

The idiot (Reja) talks about 2:0 in the interview 🤣 He clearly suffers from dementia.
Genti
Team: Albania & Tirona

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:57 pm
Genti wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:57 pm Id try Mihaj over Ismajli at this point. Kumbulla idk whats going on with him, very slow and not suited to play on the side in a back 3.
He played in the middle...
My bad, still slow in the middle letting guys fly through and getting outmuscled. Hes good just too young and inexperienced.
Aurora Bulkualis
Team: Fc Bulku

Genti wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:01 pm
Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:57 pm
Genti wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:57 pm Id try Mihaj over Ismajli at this point. Kumbulla idk whats going on with him, very slow and not suited to play on the side in a back 3.
He played in the middle...
My bad, still slow in the middle letting guys fly through and getting outmuscled. Hes good just too young and inexperienced.
I don't know what the hell that guy is doing with his career. He needs to put on 20 lbs of upper body muscle pronto. That was a joke.
"Cheap things you can buy in bulk, but Bulku is priceless" Ervin Xhevahir Bulku
CanaYouDoIt

We complain about getting overrun in midfield , what do we expect , we play 2 at CM so ofc they're gonna get overrun when they're outnumbered by 2/3 superior midfielders.

Its all on the manager, think of every fault we have and its the constant of his crap coaching. We play 5 ATB but are terrible at defending which then causes our attack to also be shit.
Dallku

Aurora Bulkualis wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:51 pm The one that disappointed me the most today was Kumbulla. Berisha I knew sucked ass, and Ismajli has been a walking bunder machine ever since he joined us.

But him I had expectations for. Complete amateur display, from being outmuscled by a skinny average height guy like Lewandowski to leaving giant positional gaps like the last goal when he was casually jogging back at.

Yup Kumbulla still has long ways to go but he's a young player and the potential is there. Maybe his performances at Verona were kinda deceiving because they played so deep and he had a lot of cover. He's definitely good CB for his age but definitely nowhere near someone like Djimsiti level for example.
ZenMaster
Team: Čukarički Stankom

I don't know why people are so obsessed with Ismajli? Hysaj was absolutely worst player on pitch together with Berisha, only after match was already over Hysaj started to improve but it was worthless. If Kumbulla has responsibility for the third goal and Ismajli partially for the first goal.
Kuqaloshi maoist
RedFootballs

We need to move to a classic 4-4-2. Our players aren't good enough to play a wingback system, our assignments just get confused and it ends up fucking us. Instead we need to secure the midfield as our midfielders whilst also being worse than the opponents midfielders are overrun also like canayoudoit said, a 451 or 442 would work better and just play balls down the channels.
These users thanked the author RedFootballs for the post:
Genti
RedFootballs

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (62.2 KiB) Viewed 5376 times
Sofascore's view on our game. Obviously not gospel because it doesn't account for many factors but interesting.
  • Information