Albanians abroad

With memories of the golden years (80's) of the albanian football still fresh on her mind, Albania is now attempting to recreate its strong football legacy. As young players start making their names abroad, the future is looking bright for Albanian football!

Moderators: Shpati, ZenMaster

RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Dallku wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:27 pm
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:20 pm

Whats a "Kosovar" ?
What's a Cypriot? What's a Swiss? What's a Bosnian? What's a Slovenian?

Not recognizing them as a country is not the pro-Albanian stance you think it is.

but either way it doesn't matter because they do and they are very proud of it.
We have so many Kosovans playing for our team, do you really think there's no overlap? There are Kosovans who feel strongly about the split and some who don't. Many feel it shouldn't have happened and I agree because in all regards we are the same people separated by a invented border. We are a diaspora and there are Albanians everywhere so why not come together under one flag?
CanaYouDoIt

Whats a "Kosovar" ?

Not recognizing them as a country is not the pro-Albanian stance you think it is.

You didn't answer my question. Whats a Kosovar ?
Dallku

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:30 pm

Whats a "Kosovar" ?

A citizen from the country of Kosovo.

Dallku

RedFootballs wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:09 pm
We have so many Kosovans playing for our team, do you really think there's no overlap? There are Kosovans who feel strongly about the split and some who don't. Many feel it shouldn't have happened and I agree because in all regards we are the same people separated by a invented border. We are a diaspora and there are Albanians everywhere so why not come together under one flag?

The Kosovars we have in the team now are from pre-Kosovo FIFA recognition era. Since Kosovo was accepted just before the 16 Euros the players were given a choice between switching or going to the Euros. Many of them opted for the Euros but who can refuse a major tournament?

The others who didn't make the Euro team like Rrahmani and Shala switched in a heartbeat. It was an easy choice for them.

Since 2016, Albania has only recruited one Kosovar, Ismajli(and we know the reasons for that). Why do you think this is?
RedFootballs
Team: QPR - Albania

Dallku wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:52 pm
RedFootballs wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:09 pm

The Kosovars we have in the team now are from pre-Kosovo FIFA recognition era. Since Kosovo was accepted just before the 16 Euros the players were given a choice between switching or going to the Euros. Many of them opted for the Euros but who can refuse a major tournament?

The others who didn't make the Euro team like Rrahmani and Shala switched in a heartbeat. It was an easy choice for them.

Since 2016, Albania has only recruited one Kosovar, Ismajli(and we know the reasons for that). Why do you think this is?
In my opinion it's to do with the organisations. FFK is way better than FSHF, it's just a fact. Look at the last round of friendlies, we called up the same old relics with not one single new player. Kosovo called up a fresh team that's totally different from their usual one to see if they could take anyone for the next qualifiers.

Basically if both teams are shit and won't qualify for the Euros or World Cup will I go to the one that gives me minutes and prominence or go to the one that starts players from Kuwait leagues over me? And the one with genuinely a better project?

I think it is that more than any nationalistic sentiments. Like you said all our Kosovan Albanians at the time opted to stay with us bc we were in the Euros, competitive choice, nothing more. They obviously didn't care that much if they valued one tournament over their whole international career.
CanaYouDoIt

Dallku wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:48 pm
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:30 pm

A citizen from the country of Kosovo.
Nice playing right into the Serbian narrative there. They are Albanian. There is no such thing a Kosovar in the sense that its a separate thing like you're using.
Dallku

CanaYouDoIt wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:21 pm
Nice playing right into the Serbian narrative there. They are Albanian. There is no such thing a Kosovar in the sense that its a separate thing like you're using.

Serbia doesn't recognize Kosovo or their NT so they share your narrative.
CanaYouDoIt

Dallku wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:39 pm
CanaYouDoIt wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:21 pm

Serbia doesn't recognize Kosovo or their NT so they share your narrative.
The PM of Kosove doesn't even recognise the flag or the colours , we all know its "fake". They don't share my narrative as I believe that they are all albanians and its our land, its not some other nations land who just so happen to speak our language , have our culture share our history etc .
Dallku

Well you can't blame Kumbulla father. He'll obviously defend his son.

But Rudi is not wrong. Marash has shown low level for both club and NT. Of course the standards for him should be higher because of his value and expectations. You can't be a 30 million defender and play worse than Admir Teli.

Criticism is good for these young players who are probably more focused on instagram photos than results. Marash posted a pic of him and Lewa as if he didn't get punked by him and lost 4-1. But Albanian fans let him know about it in the comments.. Maybe harsh because of his age but fvck it.
  • Information